Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How about an update to your Community Page?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How about an update to your Community Page?

TUXs
01.07.2019 , 11:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Haha! Truth in advertising eh? Just rename it to the DGAF section.
No kidding lol! Sadly, that could literally be applied to the games title as well...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2019 , 01:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
No kidding lol! Sadly, that could literally be applied to the games title as well...
Maybe we stumbled upon 6.0's title: SW:TOR KoDGAF

Lhancelot
01.07.2019 , 01:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Haha! Truth in advertising eh? Just rename it to the DGAF section.
Excellent suggestion, stick that in their suggestion box please.

Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Now that's funny.

What's funnier is thinking about all those that are out there googling that to figure out what it means.
I think the UrbanDictionary knows exactly what that acronym was that Kodrac created. Better watch it, Kodrac!

Also, I do not use Twitter, facebook, etc. Amazes me that they don't bother updating their own website for the game though.

I realize many people are in love with all the different social media platforms, however I am not. I prefer using the forums for the game they were created for and not outside media outlets.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TUXs
01.07.2019 , 01:33 PM | #14
Maybe we stumbled upon 6.0's title: SW:TOR KoDGAF
HA!!! I'd sub for that
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2019 , 01:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post

I think the UrbanDictionary knows exactly what that acronym was that Kodrac created. Better watch it, Kodrac!
That was the whole point of the statement. It makes me laugh to think of all those looking it up in their "internet bible" to make sure that it means what it means.

Celise
01.07.2019 , 04:08 PM | #16
Figure it would mean hiring a writer and someone to proof read it and then send it up the chain to be accepted. Even if it were the case, these things cost money in manpower and computing resources. something Bioware might not have or it is all devoted to Anthem.

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2019 , 05:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Figure it would mean hiring a writer and someone to proof read it and then send it up the chain to be accepted. Even if it were the case, these things cost money in manpower and computing resources. something Bioware might not have or it is all devoted to Anthem.
You're talking like they'd have to create a new template, and spend hours working on it, each time they put some news out. The template's already there. It would take less than 5 minutes to update those headlines. They are just links to the actual new articles. They're just too lazy to do it.

It's basic website design. Even a monkey could do it.

Bannidles
01.07.2019 , 06:29 PM | #18
Seriously. That information is severely outdated. Get off the CM for a day and update your Community page.

That is halarious. I just clicked the link on the "login service unavailable" message and was directed to that page - I thought the exact same thing. If I was a new player and stumbled across that page I would be like I am out, this game is dead.

Bannidles
01.07.2019 , 06:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
I really doubt EA proof reads.

Making sure content on your website is updated is pretty much a requirement in multimedia. It is kind of like paying the electric bill. If you are an online company and you don't update content regularly, you are pretty much saying "I don't really get this business thing".

LordRapheus
01.07.2019 , 07:55 PM | #20
While I am as interested as anybody else what lies just past the horizon in Dev's future plans for this game, I'd settle for knowing when the server list will be available again to access what we already sort of got.
Experience is a cruel teacher. First comes the final exam, and the lessons come after.
Hiking gives an important life lesson. If you wish to see farther, climb to a higher vantage point.
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JpFSYK