Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How about an update to your Community Page?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How about an update to your Community Page?

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2019 , 08:56 AM | #1
Seriously. That information is severely outdated. Get off the CM for a day and update your Community page.

Quote:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

See what's next for SWTOR with Producer Keith Kanneg!
I'm sure we're all excited to see what's planned for 2017!

Quote:
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in New York!

We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Friday, October 7th, 2016!
Definitely don't want to miss the Cantina Tour!

Quote:
New Pack Opening Experience

With the launch of Game Update 4.7 we are introducing a new feature which will enhance the pack opening experience for all packs.
This new pack opening experience still has me all giddy.

If I were someone that's visiting the website for the first time, I'd look at those dates and just close the site and go about my business.

kodrac
01.07.2019 , 08:59 AM | #2
Or just delete it. It gives off the impression the game hasn't been updated in a couple years.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

Lhancelot
01.07.2019 , 09:13 AM | #3
I don't know. Maybe having it that way is a more honest representation of what's going on. Why make it appear as if new and fresh activities are going on when they are not?
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2019 , 09:28 AM | #4
I have their news on a rss feed. They sure keep it updated with the cartel market. If they just put 1/10 of the energy into keeping that one page updated it wouldn't be in such a sad state. I don't use twitter or other social media for game updates or whatever (just imagine the havoc I could wreak on their twitter page since I'd be able to speak (type) my mind without having to worry about some whiners complaining and reporting me for hurting their feelings. ). Sorry, I got carried away.

ceryxp
01.07.2019 , 09:42 AM | #5
Or at least update the links since the only way to find the News page is to go to SWTOR.com. If they're not going to update Community News that fine, just remove it and put links to the News and Media pages. And maybe remove the link to Events since that gives a 404 error.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Nightblazer
01.07.2019 , 09:46 AM | #6
There are many areas of the site that need to be updated / fixed. Just look at all the forum categories. There are caps from removed sections, missing images, etc. The site itself could use a full revamp / update. It's been pretty much the same for 7 years.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

kodrac
01.07.2019 , 09:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I don't know. Maybe having it that way is a more honest representation of what's going on. Why make it appear as if new and fresh activities are going on when they are not?
Haha! Truth in advertising eh? Just rename it to the DGAF section.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

PorsaLindahl
01.07.2019 , 10:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Haha! Truth in advertising eh? Just rename it to the DGAF section.
Now that's funny.

What's funnier is thinking about all those that are out there googling that to figure out what it means.

FlameYOL
01.07.2019 , 10:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
There are many areas of the site that need to be updated / fixed. Just look at all the forum categories. There are caps from removed sections, missing images, etc. The site itself could use a full revamp / update. It's been pretty much the same for 7 years.
Agreed.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Hudlar
01.07.2019 , 11:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Very true! But I find the outdated Community Blog and the lack of a direct link to the Latest News page especially annoying, for some reason. Though something changed for me recently (not sure whether it was the site or my browser), and I no longer get a window showing the Community Blog every time I open the forums.