Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boo/hiss I've been downgraded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Boo/hiss I've been downgraded

Storm-Cutter
01.07.2019 , 04:06 AM | #31
Its a symptom of short-sighted story-writing.

If you'd remained a simple smuggler captain, a Jedi knight, Sith warrior or a bounty hunter, ( &c) then menial tasks would seem more natural.
But the writers had to have bigger and badder bosses each time and went straight for the top- the commander of an empire and a 'god' itself. Then they ran out of things to defeat in the galaxy, so they got you firefighting or zapping Geonosians on Ossus.

My table-top RPG group has been running STAR WARS for about 20 years on and off. it runs to 100s of episodes. - I didn't get them to challenge the empire alone, or take on a robot that thought it was god.... so the story remains on an even keel.

Any writer should know not to write the climax in chapter 2.

But that's what happens. At BW, the devs write the story and writers do the coding.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

kodrac
01.07.2019 , 09:10 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
So we lost the Gravestone and a couple of Eternal Fleet ships parked around Odessan, and we're good for nothing just like that?
Yep. You lost your Mary Sue spaceship and your plot armor fleet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
You are not some champion of logic, teaching the uninformed about the finer points of the fallacy of argumentation. Nor are you a Community Manager working for Bioware, though at least your prolific posting would be an improvement.

DarkGruffalo
01.07.2019 , 09:36 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
So we lost the Gravestone and a couple of Eternal Fleet ships parked around Odessan, and we're good for nothing just like that?

I thought the WHOLE eternal fleet blew up, not just a few.

Qouivandes
01.07.2019 , 03:05 PM | #34
My Jedi saw the Alliance as necessary. Now that the threat has passed, he is ready to rejoin his Jedi brothers/sisters in protecting the Republic; while also holding on the to hope that the Empire would behave themselves.

My Sith saw the Alliance as a necessary means to take control from the failures that were the Republic and Empire. He is a bit put out that he lost so much so quickly, but will remain loyal to the Empire while seeking out the necessary power to regain control of the galaxy from those two failed entities.

those are the only two i have had time to get up to speed. my other toons will have various outlooks as they move forwards in their stories.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn