Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boo/hiss I've been downgraded

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Boo/hiss I've been downgraded

xordevoreaux
01.05.2019 , 12:08 PM | #1
Me: Hi There! I'm the Alliance Commander. I defeated Arcann, his sister, his dad, what was left of a psychopathic droid on Iokath....I have saved the galaxy!

Some random gardener on Ossus: Um, yeah. Can you watch this droid for me and make sure nothing happens to it? I'm heading out. Appreciate it.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Lhancelot
01.05.2019 , 01:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Me: Hi There! I'm the Alliance Commander. I defeated Arcann, his sister, his dad, what was left of a psychopathic droid on Iokath....I have saved the galaxy!

Some random gardener on Ossus: Um, yeah. Can you watch this droid for me and make sure nothing happens to it? I'm heading out. Appreciate it.
One man's king is another man's pawn!
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TalleraLane
01.05.2019 , 02:45 PM | #3
Some really will just complain about anything and everything won't they. How very sad.

ForfiniteStories
01.05.2019 , 02:47 PM | #4
My favorite part was when Lana said the Eternal Alliance wasn't strong enough to combat both the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire if any hostilities broke out, and that we need to choose sides. Sorry, but what were Arcann and his brother doing in this trailer then?

So we lost the Gravestone and a couple of Eternal Fleet ships parked around Odessan, and we're good for nothing just like that? That the Empire and the Republic, despite losing a lot of assets such as manpower and resources--both of which are now ours or dead--and starving for either, are now stronger than us? The frack?

Quote: Originally Posted by TalleraLane View Post
Some really will just complain about anything and everything won't they. How very sad.
Could be worse. They could be complaining about others complaining.

Lhancelot
01.05.2019 , 02:51 PM | #5
I didn't view his post as a complaint at all. I found it to be poking fun at the situation he highlighted.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

denavin
01.05.2019 , 03:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
The full quote:

Quote:
“In this life we are either kings or pawns, emperors or fools.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Ardrossan
01.05.2019 , 03:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post

To be fair, it's depressingly common. Even in vanilla, after the class stories, you're still treated as a minion. The SI at least gets some chances to pretend that he's equal to Marr, or doesn't have to do what he says, but he still goes out and follows orders anyway. It's just framed slightly differently. And I think people would have been more okay with Ossus if it had been framed differently, but this downgrading is typical of BW.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

DarthSealth
01.05.2019 , 04:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Or one man's lobster is another man's prawn.
Darth Malgus
English equates to (Sarcasm x Endearment)

Have you heard Chief Keith is the New Reformed Ben Irving?
My Referral Link Refer A Friend T&C My Twitter Link

Yeldah_
01.05.2019 , 04:22 PM | #9
Hope this thread is a joke. If you really think this is a prime issue for the game I am at a loss for words.
My silence is not weakness; it is simply the beginning of my revenge.

DarthSealth
01.05.2019 , 04:26 PM | #10
Truthfully gamers in general don't know what they want, it reminds me of DA and people was so fast to claim DA:I was better than DA:years down the line and now that's not the case, people validate that even though DA:2 wasn't a masterpiece at least it had substance in the story and the traditional RPG elements when it comes to levelling up.

The fans wanted a MMO open world experience when they got it they felt it was bare and lacklustre.

It's happened with this game over the years they complain about things that was the mechanics of it only for it to be removed and a few are left squandering about such errors. Because gamers nowadays sort of turn the cheek to the stupidity involved.
Darth Malgus
English equates to (Sarcasm x Endearment)

Have you heard Chief Keith is the New Reformed Ben Irving?
My Referral Link Refer A Friend T&C My Twitter Link