Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is there 2 NA servers? This isn't brain surgery.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is there 2 NA servers? This isn't brain surgery.

CrazyTough
12.27.2018 , 10:02 PM | #1
Simple. PVP queue times are slowing to a crawl. Ranked PVP queue times are almost non existent. Both servers are out of the same east coast facility. Why are you splitting a player base that isn't large enough to fill one server much less 2? I don't get your logic.

When Harbinger was at its peak it had 6-8 instances of imperial fleet and 4-5 instances of republic fleet every night at peak play time. Sateele Shan is in dire straights and has become more or less of a ghost town even during peak times. SF is a bit better, but having 1-2 instances of fleet peak time its not doing that much better.

Swallow your pride bioware and merge the dam servers. It very frustrating to watch how you people handle this game.

Toraak
12.27.2018 , 10:16 PM | #2
On the last Dev Stream they said ALL servers were healthy, so I wouldn't count on another server merge any time soon.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Lunafox
12.27.2018 , 10:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post
Simple. PVP queue times are slowing to a crawl. Ranked PVP queue times are almost non existent. Both servers are out of the same east coast facility. Why are you splitting a player base that isn't large enough to fill one server much less 2? I don't get your logic.

When Harbinger was at its peak it had 6-8 instances of imperial fleet and 4-5 instances of republic fleet every night at peak play time. Sateele Shan is in dire straights and has become more or less of a ghost town even during peak times. SF is a bit better, but having 1-2 instances of fleet peak time its not doing that much better.

Swallow your pride bioware and merge the dam servers. It very frustrating to watch how you people handle this game.
The player base was larger at one point and two servers were required. Not only to avoid lag, but to house two very different play styles. PVE and RP people tended to find Star Forge to be home and had no desire to interact with the more pvp oriented Satele Shan.

As always happens, the PVP based server's population peeters out and wants to merge for pops. What's to say there will be more pvp pops, when you merge with a server where people aren't interested in pvp? I don't think you'll see much if any improvement. It'll only serve to annoy and inconvenience people again for little if any benefit to pvpers.

So I can see this devolving into a hateful finger pointing mess again, with pvpers wanting a merge for pops, everyone else be damned, while rp'ers and pvers won't want a merge. Inevitably it will happen, I suppose that they will merge them at some point, but if Star Forge's atmosphere is ruined, how many will leave then? I saw first hand how pvpers treated rper's and pvers after the merge on SF. Heck they tried to shoo us off our own server. I really don't want to be treated like a second class citizen on my own server again.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lhancelot
12.27.2018 , 10:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
On the last Dev Stream they said ALL servers were healthy, so I wouldn't count on another server merge any time soon.
Yes, their metrics indicate the servers are alive and healthy! If you think queues are slow you are delusional!
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Toraak
12.27.2018 , 10:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Yes, their metrics indicate the servers are alive and healthy! If you think queues are slow you are delusional!
Can't speak for PvE FP queu's, since I only do those rarely with a guild group, but I haven't had any issue's getting unranked WZ pops on either US server. Rankd I wouldn't know about, since I won't touch ranked PvP.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

casirabit
12.27.2018 , 10:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
The player base was larger at one point and two servers were required. Not only to avoid lag, but to house two very different play styles. PVE and RP people tended to find Star Forge to be home and had no desire to interact with the more pvp oriented Satele Shan.

As always happens, the PVP based server's population peeters out and wants to merge for pops. What's to say there will be more pvp pops, when you merge with a server where people aren't interested in pvp? I don't think you'll see much if any improvement. It'll only serve to annoy and inconvenience people again for little if any benefit to pvpers.

So I can see this devolving into a hateful finger pointing mess again, with pvpers wanting a merge for pops, everyone else be damned, while rp'ers and pvers won't want a merge. Inevitably it will happen, I suppose that they will merge them at some point, but if Star Forge's atmosphere is ruined, how many will leave then? I saw first hand how pvpers treated rper's and pvers after the merge on SF. Heck they tried to shoo us off our own server. I really don't want to be treated like a second class citizen on my own server again.
Agreed. Though you were probably a bit nicer than I was when that happened. Depending on my mood and how hateful they were I told them they didn't like the roleplayers or pveres then there is the damn door don't let it hit them in the backside. I am not very nice or patient when people try to tell me what I can or can't do on a game that I pay for.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

QuinlanSaathis
12.27.2018 , 10:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post

Translation:-

I am not getting what I want and as a PvP'er you know I am the most importantist person on the server so gimmie what I want, I don't care how many other play-styles it destroys
I WANT IT, WANT IT, WANT IT, WANT IT WANT IT!!!!!!!!

Darias
12.27.2018 , 10:54 PM | #8
I saw on Dm server what happened after the last merge .and trust me, things didn't go any better.
Tomb of Freedon Nad had merge all the PVP servers from first merge happened at 2012
Red Eclipse all the PVE servers
and another one ( I don't remember the RP server ) all the RP servers
After the second merge ?
All these people , merged to Darth Malgus server.You know what happened? Ask the pvpers...
Groups in reg wzs , mixed with RPers and Pvers most of them didn't had a clue whats going on and how tactics must be versus premades.The results ?
Escept 2-3 guilds in entire server , all the others still don't bother with objectives in wzs ..they just get lured and try to kill ..nothing else ..like I see lemmings go to a battle without propose!
You try to explain them what they can do ..and they don't know even when to stun.
For me there only solution : Make a new PvP server and let all who love pvp go there ..so have some good competition and people who care and use brains.
And leave the others to other server to enjoy the game with its contest. But that to happen you must have the proper player base to do it .And now is too late for that ..because you don't have the proper community you has 7 years ago.
RIP

HollyUSEC
12.27.2018 , 11:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I am not very nice or patient when people try to tell me what I can or can't do on a game that I pay for.
There's 7 billion people on this planet and 99.999999999999999999 (more 9's ad nauseum) % of them are single mindedly obsessed with what everyone *ELSE* "should" and "shouldn't" be doing.

Gets tiresome.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

MadDutchman
12.27.2018 , 11:15 PM | #10
They should just cut their losses and stop all PVP development, and do everything else they can to drive that segment of the community away. Imagine how much nicer the community would get...

Obviously not sensible, but that is exactly what the merge happy PVPers are trying to do with their continuous war drums. Never mind anyone else, ME! ME! ME!
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.