Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Expansion Idea Focused on Mandalorians

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Expansion Idea Focused on Mandalorians

MadDutchman
01.06.2019 , 11:54 AM | #11
Ugh, please no. The Mandalorians can be fun in small doses but making that work in an entire expansion would be really hard and having to put up with their nonsense bravado for that long would be... trying...
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

VelvetSanity
01.06.2019 , 11:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
why focus on something that negative for? People recriminating on a daily basis, people getting wound up all the time. a flashpoint for a new war. I mean what would any of that solve?

rather stick with the monsters we all know, the pubs and imps, give them a enemy and let them do what comes naturally, to create war.
Mandalorians are allied with the empire...or have you forgotten about the ‘Mandalorian Enclave’ on Dromund Kaas that chapter 1 of the BH class story is focused around? :P
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress

Lunafox
01.06.2019 , 11:58 PM | #13
Sorry no. Mandos are a snooze fest.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Celise
01.07.2019 , 03:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
Mandalorians are allied with the empire...or have you forgotten about the ‘Mandalorian Enclave’ on Dromund Kaas that chapter 1 of the BH class story is focused around? :P
why don't you go back and read from the quoted comment and my response to that. Your comment above has nothing to do with any of the previous.

krakadyla
01.07.2019 , 03:37 PM | #15
Unless it includes at least fifty elaborate, painful and humiliating ways to murder Joss and Valk, pass. I don't find people who think that the best way to use one's head is to bash it against the obstacle until either splits all that interesting.

VelvetSanity
01.07.2019 , 03:39 PM | #16
why don't you go back and read from the quoted comment and my response to that. Your comment above has nothing to do with any of the previous.
Except for pointing out that Mandalorians count as imps in the phrase “pubs and imps”
Pre-CU Bria refugee

Celise
01.07.2019 , 04:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
Except for pointing out that Mandalorians count as imps in the phrase “pubs and imps”
suit yourself. if you aren't going to research the mandos, thats your business. i can tell you that you are wrong about them though. so either you do your own research or you can play the ignorance card, whatever the case i got no interest in it.

Ardrossan
01.07.2019 , 04:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Ugh, please no. The Mandalorians can be fun in small doses but making that work in an entire expansion would be really hard and having to put up with their nonsense bravado for that long would be... trying...
This sums it up for me. Though I would be interested in a revival of Clan Cadera's movement to join the Republic, fracturing Shae Vizlae's army. It'd make Torian something more than a lackey, especially if the impetus came from someone other than him, and he had to choose [with the PC's advice] whether or not to join it. However, I wouldn't want this to be expansion-sized, just Ossus-sized. A chapter, basically.

I hate all that Darksaber stuff in TCW/Rebels. The mando return was good, but the gimmick weapon was terrible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

VelvetSanity
01.07.2019 , 04:41 PM | #19
suit yourself. if you aren't going to research the mandos, thats your business. i can tell you that you are wrong about them though. so either you do your own research or you can play the ignorance card, whatever the case i got no interest in it.
I’m referring to in-game. Bounty Hunter class story ties them to the Mandalorians. And in-game, bounty hunter is an imp class. Just like Smuggler is a rep class. When really, neither class would believably have strong enough ties to either faction to justify them going along with helping the factions beyond what’s in the class stories. :P
Pre-CU Bria refugee

Vandicus
01.07.2019 , 06:30 PM | #20
The problem with an expansion centered on Mandalorians going on one of their galaxy conquering sprees(which was hinted at in either KotET or KotFe[I always get them confused and can't remember which]) is that they are obligated to lose and the Bounty Hunter at least ought to have the option to join them. Not allowing the player, especially the Bounty Hunter, to join the resurgent Mandalorian Empire.

One class having the option to join them would probably end up being all of them, but the important thing is that it would mean giving the player an option to join a side that is required to lose. Making the player eventually a member of a defeated faction an option. This would create huge divergence in storytelling from players who chose to fight against the Mandalorians. I don't think that's workable, and it would be worse to force the player down one and only one path.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!