Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

mandaboo
03.24.2012 , 02:13 AM | #11
They dont need to be nerfed.
I dont play one.
Why run?...You'll just die tired.

DarthMaulUK
03.24.2012 , 02:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CrushBoss View Post
Try playing sniper someday, then you will learn to run from everything.
Indeed. I try and protect my poor ol' sniper lol. Mind you, with such chicken legs, they do make fast runners

Mathelia
03.24.2012 , 02:17 AM | #13
nothing overpowered with that video. seems like you're in bm gear too. am i right?
lvl 50 Sith inq Assassin

AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 02:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Which video? The only one I saw was where you were killing farmers and ganking? The 31/0/10 is old news tbh and is a great spec for new Assassins to earn some medals.

I will give you some credit for being an old SWG veteran but seriously, in the video I saw, I didnt see anything wrong
The class is OP.

Get over it lol.

AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 02:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathelia View Post
nothing overpowered with that video. seems like you're in bm gear too. am i right?
The video wasn't anything to show about being OP. He told me to play my class and he didn't believe me I played a Shadow so I directed him to me playing.

AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 02:30 AM | #16
Like I said, there's a reason why 90% of the people playing this class are hybrid. There's a reason why there's nothing for Shadow/Assassin in the 1.2 update.

Mathelia
03.24.2012 , 02:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
The class is OP.

Get over it lol.
compared to other classes it's pretty much balanced. a good imp operative or a bounty hunter would faceroll you. even if you pop all of those assets you have.. and that pretty much sums it up. with my hybrid bounty hunter i would prob have 70 % hp left estimated if i came upon you. and im in full champ with some cent . all about combination and routine , and ofc adapting after a loss.
lvl 50 Sith inq Assassin

Akyio
03.24.2012 , 02:34 AM | #18
tank sin/shadow is quite ridiculous compared to infiltration or balance..
it is just wayyyyyyyyyy too good.

but its true, if you compare it to for example tracer missles.. then yeah there are other things to nerf first

AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 02:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathelia View Post
compared to other classes it's pretty much balanced. a good imp operative or a bounty hunter would faceroll you. even if you pop all of those assets you have.. and that pretty much sums it up. with my hybrid bounty hunter i would prob have 70 % hp left estimated if i came upon you. and im in full champ with some cent . all about combination and routine , and ofc adapting after a loss.
LOL.

Doubtful. It's a shame though. It that video about 1 minute in I didn't get the first recording kill of a Rage Juggernaut, while having a Operative and Tracer Merc on me then went on to kill the Operative.

Astarica
03.24.2012 , 02:38 AM | #20
Right now 31/0/10 can lose half of its DPS and it'd still be a decent PvP tanking spec.

Wither needs to be reworked. It needs to lose the stack of HD. 27/0/14 at least in theory has some counters because you must go to melee range at some point to generate more stacks of HD. 31/0/10 can generate all its HD stacks safely from range which pretty much prevents the spec from being countered. Disjunction should be moved to Deception since it's a ridiculously powerful tier 3 talent which also ensures no pure Deception/Madness spec can ever have it. This would mean Darkness/Madness hybrids cannot get Disjunction so you don't just have movement effects literally bounce off because of Disjunction. With these changes the Darkness specs would at least have to be at some risk of retaliation while doing its damage. You can probably have a Thrash based Darkness build that still does nearly as much damage, but without Disjunction (you can't get it if it's 11 points deep in Deception like I proposed) then you can actually stop Thrash with KBs.