Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 01:53 AM | #1
And when can we expect the other trees to be balanced to be better for group play.


There's a reason why 90% of the people playing Assassin/Shadow are now playing hybrid.

As mentioned before I think all Shadow/Assassin trees should have their own form of Harnessed Shadows.


Kinetic - Damage debuff to target attacked with Tele Throw : 5/10/15% /per stack. -20% Force/Melee Damage when in Combat Technique. Increase the heal in Combat Technique by 200 to help the actual tanks who were wanting to tank keep themselves up due to the loss of the heal from HS.

Infiltration - Increases Tele Throw damage by : 6/12/18% /per stack and reduced Force cost by 20/40/60%. +30% armor while in Shadow Technique. Switch the Kinetic Field (30% AoE Dmg Reducton) down to the tier 1 and replace Harnessed Shadows there for Infiltration. They no longer need the extra armor since Shadow technique automatically has the armor increase.

Balance - Each tick of Telekinetic Throw Heals the player by 2/3/4% max health . +20m range on Telekinetic Throw/Project while in Force Technique. Toss out Mind Ward and make that an innate ability for people in Force Technique and replace that tier with the Harnessed Shadows for Balance.

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
03.24.2012 , 01:58 AM | #2
Clearly you dont see things from the Empires point of view. I could argue that almost everyone plays a Trooper for that ol' grav spam favourite.

People play Sith Assassin because a) its a cool class b) requires the player to actually WORK for their kill, instead of pressing just one button to rack up 400k+ damage.

Jedi Knights/Consulars have enough tricks up their sleeves to take out an Assassin when used correctly. Try learning your class?

I've spent hours watching youtube videos, trying out several builds and finally(after 8 different attempts) found a build that deals alot of damage(if my crit kicks in), actually INVOLVES me to play and importantly, is alot of fun to play.

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 02:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Clearly you dont see things from the Empires point of view. I could argue that almost everyone plays a Trooper for that ol' grav spam favourite.

People play Sith Assassin because a) its a cool class b) requires the player to actually WORK for their kill, instead of pressing just one button to rack up 400k+ damage.

Jedi Knights/Consulars have enough tricks up their sleeves to take out an Assassin when used correctly. Try learning your class?

I've spent hours watching youtube videos, trying out several builds and finally(after 8 different attempts) found a build that deals alot of damage(if my crit kicks in), actually INVOLVES me to play and importantly, is alot of fun to play.
I play the hybrid Shadow and if everyone is going to roll it because it's OP and FOTM then I'd rather see it nerfed as long as the other specs get something to compete with.

Dee-Jay's Avatar


Dee-Jay
03.24.2012 , 02:01 AM | #4
Yeah, Assassins seem a little over the top imo. They don't seem to have any real weakness and almost every tool in the shed.

Mathelia's Avatar


Mathelia
03.24.2012 , 02:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
I play the hybrid Shadow and if everyone is going to roll it because it's OP and FOTM then I'd rather see it nerfed as long as the other specs get something to compete with.
suuuure you do... what do you mean by hybrid? be more specifiic
lvl 50 Sith inq Assassin

AMKSED's Avatar


AMKSED
03.24.2012 , 02:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathelia View Post
suuuure you do... what do you mean by hybrid? be more specifiic
Go to my videos.


27/0/14
31/0/10

Those specs with DPS gear.

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
03.24.2012 , 02:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post
Yeah, Assassins seem a little over the top imo. They don't seem to have any real weakness and almost every tool in the shed.
Maybe its the player you come up against? Ive dropped like a sack of potatoes in some battles and others, I can kick butt.

Alot of it I am guessing will be gear based as well. But as I have said, do some research - you could be surprised at what you find - I was.

My BM Stalker set doesnt use the mods/enhancements provided, I have tweaked them so I can deal more damage. If you guys expect to own using the basic stuff, think again.

Mathelia's Avatar


Mathelia
03.24.2012 , 02:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Go to my videos.


27/0/14
31/0/10

Those specs with DPS gear.
i play 34/0/7 in damage gear. if you're good you can take anything but you still struggle against good playing sents,troopers and what not. assassin is probably the most balanced class imo and others.
lvl 50 Sith inq Assassin

DarthMaulUK's Avatar


DarthMaulUK
03.24.2012 , 02:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Go to my videos.


27/0/14
31/0/10

Those specs with DPS gear.
Which video? The only one I saw was where you were killing farmers and ganking? The 31/0/10 is old news tbh and is a great spec for new Assassins to earn some medals.

I will give you some credit for being an old SWG veteran but seriously, in the video I saw, I didnt see anything wrong

CrushBoss's Avatar


CrushBoss
03.24.2012 , 02:12 AM | #10
Try playing sniper someday, then you will learn to run from everything.
Your look of pain tells me i that i win.