Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson
03.10.2012 , 09:50 AM | #1
Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

High warzone rating = no rewards worth mentioning, A LOT more effort.
Low warzone rating = the same rewards as high rating, a lot LESS effort.

Endgame pvp gear worth working for = None.
Chance of getting bored from lack of worthwile "goals" pvp wise: High.

You failed with Ilum, and now you fail with this. Both had good potential.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.
Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.

origional
03.10.2012 , 09:56 AM | #2
Let them quit. I'd rather those type of people were not in the game to start with. Warzones need to be competative and not all about geeks who play 24/7 and have the best gear.
George Lucas: I told you the game was called Star Wars. Bioware: You sure? We thought you said Stun Wars
Republic General on Imperial Favouritism: We can't win. If we strike them down Bioware will just make them more powerful than we could possibly imagine.

tanoros
03.10.2012 , 09:56 AM | #3
You can still work to get different colored gear. Is that not enough? If so. BYE

Azzras
03.10.2012 , 10:00 AM | #4
So OP just wants to faceroll new 50's with his epeen?

The challenge and ranking isn't what he looks for in PvP?
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

FireIndy
03.10.2012 , 10:00 AM | #5
Goodbye.

Asroha
03.10.2012 , 10:02 AM | #6
Ohhh Noes!!!! Peoplez are quitting!!!!!! Run for the hills!!!!!

I'm sick of seeing these posts... Put your gear up for 1 credit and quit.

LanceTBD
03.10.2012 , 10:03 AM | #7
Yhea, bunch of people who quit simple because of "rumor" without actually seeing for themselves are not kind of players any company want to cater to.

They would have quit eventually for some other perceived injustice and it is silly to even pay attention to them.

Kanshan
03.10.2012 , 10:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceTBD View Post
Yhea, bunch of people who quit simple because of "rumor" without actually seeing for themselves are not kind of players any company want to cater to.

They would have quit eventually for some other perceived injustice and it is silly to even pay attention to them.
^^^^^^^^
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Asavar
03.10.2012 , 10:10 AM | #9
Good thing pvpers are the minority and nobody cares.

Kheldras
03.10.2012 , 10:14 AM | #10
So... PvP = Roflstomp fresh 50ers?

Arnt there any PvPers who enjoy the thought of fighting against people of their OWN skill and equipment, cause they like PvP, and not only login if Bioware lures with epixxx rewards?

@OP: Bye.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.