Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mitigation, the REAL problem. Also, operatives need a 2x dmg multiplier.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mitigation, the REAL problem. Also, operatives need a 2x dmg multiplier.

Nikodeamas
01.09.2012 , 09:33 PM | #11
I had a feeling something wasnt right when my light armor character and my vanguard appear to take about the same damage averages in PvP. I knew something wasnt right..

A week ago i read a comment in the vanguard forum. Just a passing comment made by a player in a thread that wasnt even on this subject. The other player made a remark about how funny it was going to be when people found out how worthless the tanking stats would be in a PvP environment.

Bullheaded, as normal, i rolled my eyes and stuck to my character. Now, after a few hundred matches, i can safely say **** SOMETHING **** isnt right with my tank in pvp. I never shield ANYTHING. My mitigation feels as if im playing a light armored character. I get *chewed* apart with more or less mediocre damage. Come on, please admit it. Okay, once in a while, we will get a decent crit for 2-4k.... ooo aaahhh. Please.

Its absolutely pathetic i wasted this much time gearing towards defense and learning the guard/taunt features on a class that is more or less a walking punching bag when there isnt a healbot on me.

If my excitement over this game continues to plummet the same as the last 4-6 days, i can safely say i wont even be here in a month. Absolutely without a doubt. I have never made one "op nerf" thread. Hell, this is my first damn post *ever* and im already extremely irritated with many issues and out right non functionality of worded "fake" mechanics that dont even work AT ALL.

prien
01.09.2012 , 09:45 PM | #12
I made this statement to my guild. There is no reason at all to have defensive stats in pvp, armor mitigates a little and that is all. So basically as a tank class all you bring to the table is 2 minute cool down to live longer, and crap damage. You are better off in all situations just stacking damage, which is not fun for people that would like to be a tank. Operatives can take down a tank easier then a they can take down a dps consular due to bubble alone.

peanutabc
01.09.2012 , 10:03 PM | #13
I guess that's why even with 42% chance/absorb I've been taking the same damage from everything since I can remember unless I use my cooldown shield?.

damn...

ursusarctus
01.09.2012 , 10:19 PM | #14
This thread should be the nail for operatives , scoundrels and all those hypocrites who claim they fine.

Furthemore i just unistall the game cause both my commando and guardian felt usless to pvp but i thought when i gear it might get better , although the latest videos should provide a clue for the opposite.

Since beta melee dps classes felt ridiculous op in end game but almost everyone was claiming expertise and end game amrors will fix that

But the maths wasnt there.

for instance as a sorc with max expertise in theory it hsould miltigate only 15% damage more.

When your getting 3 shotted , youll be 3 shotted with 15% miltigation as well thus changing nothing.

Also like op said heavy armor and shields are useless , there so much armor ignoring abilities its not fun.

Tanks are gimp , healers are worthless , this game is all about dps , its no more in depth than lol - dota terms of gameplay at the end .

chainsawsamurai
01.09.2012 , 10:20 PM | #15
Armor still helps. The flat damage reduction from things like Ion Cylinder still help. I do notice a survivability difference when I am running tank "stance" vs a dps "stance" in PvP.

It isn't offering nearly as much as advertised and it isn't doing nearly enough to make the lack of damage completely worthwhile. Currently the best reason (perhaps only real reason) to be using a tanking "stance" is to use Guard.
21/2/18 - Carolina Parakeet

Gone, but not forgotten.

Nikodeamas
01.09.2012 , 10:44 PM | #16
The fact that this isnt a major issue, this thread isnt 10+ pages long, discovered long ago and fixed before release... worries me a lot.

I think after all the research and patience in class selection i chose wrong. I realize i can just reroll something that isnt built around mechanics that do not even come into effect in 100% of PvP play.... how is this even possible?

If PvP gear even has stats for defense, absorption, shielding etc etc and those stats only matter for a handful of skills in the game...? Am i understanding the OP correctly??

In other words, playing a tank is just a character with a lot of health points only slightly tougher than anyone else with a severe problem in the damage department? And the trade off is we can "guard you"? So we can just die even faster unless we have a healer following us 100% of the time? (thanks to worthless defense stats that do not work, at all, ever, with 90% of skills in the game)

DOES ANYONE ELSE NOT FIND THIS A HUGE PROBLEM??

Errthu
01.09.2012 , 10:56 PM | #17
Defense / Shields / Absorbition are worthless at the moment. Stack dps even if you are tank.

YES IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Swarna
01.09.2012 , 11:08 PM | #18
I just noticed this too. I've seen tanks on my server with 19k-21k HP. Meh.

alczz
01.09.2012 , 11:09 PM | #19
this topic fails so hard that I can't even begin to describe the ways and the magnitude of its failure

Nikodeamas
01.09.2012 , 11:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Swarna View Post
I just noticed this too. I've seen tanks on my server with 19k-21k HP. Meh.

It still isnt the point of the post. Why harp on something so worthless and ignore the main point hes making?