Corsuca Gem Return Rate nerfed by approximately 25% and lack of communication...

CriticalMasses

So. After 1.1 I and a few others noticed that Corusca Gems on Treasure Hunting had been reduced, and I have spent the time since the 1.1 update running as many of the gemstone missions I can because I didn't want to go off half-cocked before I was absolutely sure.

Now after several days of running these missions, I am absolutely sure that it has been nerfed by almost a 3rd of what it was previously, and I am EXTREMELY angry about this.

I am angry because there has been absolutely NO communication from a developer team that got hammered for not communicating with us at the end of beta, and then PROMISED (see the community blog post where it was stated that they would be communicating more with us on these issues) that they would be more communicative now that the game was live, and they have NOT lived up to that promise.

Corusca Gems are used for Artifice when making purple items and I think, with the state of crafting for most professions as bad as it is, that an explanation should be given.

Once again I would like to remind the developers for SWTOR that this is no longer beta, and you have over one million paying customers to answer to now. As a matter of fact, the time is past due that someone from Bioware come into these forums or post on the community blog about what the plans are for crafting in this game.

We, the paying customers DO have a right to know whether all of this is intended or if Bioware does or does not feel that crafting needs adjustments. (and for all those who are about to post about why bioware doesn't need to fix this or that or blah blah blah. What I'm asking for is an explanation, a statement, an insight as to what the developers perceptions are of the current state of crafting in SWTOR).

Note: I have not threatened to quit. I am not ranting, but as someone who has spent a not-inconsiderable sum of money on this game, and as my feelings on these issues are similar to many other forum goers based on the amount of threads and popularity of those threads, I am not alone in wanting a statement about these issues).

Edited by CriticalMasses

i'm not sure if they lowered the regular missions for it, But the 340 mission discovery for it was upped. We use to get 4 corsuca gem per mission, now we get 5.

Really because I am only seeing 2, when I do get returns.

But what I'm seeing is a reduction between 25-30% on the successful returns (where I see any gems at all) for that mission. It varies a bit day by day. But so far it's averaging about 27% in reduction. And I have not seen any returns where I got 5 gems. Only 2 now.

And I am using Kira which only gives us lightsiders a +1 as opposed to the Sith side where they get a +5, but that's another issue entirely (so much for mirror classes/companions eh?)

If you play a Sith and you are seeing that 5 return on your companion with a higher crit rate, that may be why. So my next question is, are you playing Empire/Sith or Republic/Jedi, and what is the crit bonus for the companion(s) you are seeing the 5 gems returned for these treasure hunting missions?

Edited by CriticalMasses

• 1 month later...
I have run 3 or 4 of the 340 treasure hunting unlocks since the latest patch with Kira (approx. 7300 affection), 400 skill in treasure hunting. I did notice one of them returned 5 Corusca. The rest returned 4 like they always have.

They return 5 when you crit, 4 otherwise.

But we need to get some crits for the normal missions aswell, it's too expensive to buy the 340 epic missions and to deal with it we need to calculate this price ontop of 22 enhancements :rolleyes: that nobody would buy then...

So we should stop crafting and learn Synth or Bio? ...

Edited by -Balrok-

But we need to get some crits for the normal missions aswell, it's too expensive to buy the 340 epic missions and to deal with it we need to calculate this price ontop of 22 enhancements :rolleyes: that nobody would buy then...

You can crit on normal missions. The OP's complaint is about a perceived lowered quantity of gems given when he does crit and that this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes or commented by the devs. Not that he isn't critting.

So we should stop crafting and learn Synth or Bio? ...

You could, but be aware that Synth would be the exact same. Getting 2 rares on a moderate mission crit and 4 on an abundant is normal for UT.