Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Catlana
12.28.2011 , 02:48 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Noth View Post
They aren't though. Sniper holds the place of highest single target dps. They also have more survivability that Marauders/dps specc'd juggs.
Humm, this must be because of uptime on target (ie sentinels / marauders have to move out). The top dps almost certainly needs to be one of the pure dpser acs because of a lack of heals or defensive abilities ( so sentinel/marauder/gunslinger/sniper). Please note, I am playing none of the above.

Noth
12.28.2011 , 02:59 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Catlana View Post
Humm, this must be because of uptime on target (ie sentinels / marauders have to move out). The top dps almost certainly needs to be one of the pure dpser acs because of a lack of heals or defensive abilities ( so sentinel/marauder/gunslinger/sniper). Please note, I am playing none of the above.
Uptime is part of it. It's also far easier for snipers to hit strings 4k and 3k crits on things
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site

Ishikur
12.29.2011 , 01:00 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Twuz View Post
THIS CLASS FEELS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER. Weeeewwwehhheh got a new light saber my damage isn't so terrible that i'm hating my life, 1 level later my damage is terrible wtffffffffff.

Vette desperately needs some sort of out of combat quick heal for me and her so that I don't have to freaking self heal after every pack of mobs.
i lul'd in rl simply because it's true!

Wraeththu
12.29.2011 , 02:11 PM | #114
The damage is lower on the melee force users. It would make sense if they were more survivable, but they're not. Outside of saber ward, you have no protection from non-physical damage except for your shielding percentages. Most of the NPCs you run into are either using non-physical damage, or throw in sunders.

I got tired of the horribly fugly SW gear you got 20+, so I switched to social light armor. It made such a marginal difference as to basically make me laugh at the "heavy" armor.

I don't get what the point on the Juggernaut/Guardian is. Heavy armor doesn't seem to serve a purpose. Maybe the difference with raid gear will make it compelling, but for leveling it's a joke.

ShardTosk
12.31.2011 , 01:36 AM | #115
My Juggernaut is lvl 20 and you guys are really making me worry about my future.
()≡ǁ/////ǁ(₪)ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████)

Aldiirn
12.31.2011 , 01:50 AM | #116
Do what I do man, play the class because you love the class. Even if its a little incompetent.

So far leveling is definetly underpowered for us. We blossom after 40, truly blossom I mean. We become threat and have enough micro CD management for a decent player to spin heads in pvp and pve.

Its just using them. Although whoever thought of giving melee a static channel move that can be interrupted/moved away from or cancled on movement needs to wear a dunce hat to work until its fixed.

Aricus
12.31.2011 , 02:17 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by ShardTosk View Post
My Juggernaut is lvl 20 and you guys are really making me worry about my future.
Same here man. Same here...

But it is annoying not have any CCs. My Sniper at level 10 had 5 CCs.

BubbaDuke
12.31.2011 , 02:27 AM | #118
After seeing that my shadows gear wasn't going to get any better appearance wise at end game, I rerolled a guardian.

From what I can tell(at least hope) is that Guardians are serious late bloomers.

This is from a tanks point of view. I'm level 25 and still lack any sort of AoE threat or taunt. I have Force Sweep, which is on a 15 second cool down. I have one melee silence, and a channeled(As in, I can't do a dang thing when I use it) stun. No CC.

What were you thinking Bioware >.<

Doamy
12.31.2011 , 03:04 AM | #119
-Post content removed-

Vivaldisrk
12.31.2011 , 04:52 AM | #120
This class is unbelievably bad. PvP, PvE, appearance, everything.

In PvP we have no intercept, no enrage, a 6 second 50% slow snare (LOL), do the same damage as ranged classes, no execute, etc etc. When I PvP I look to target the imperial juggernauts/mauraders since they're ironically the easiest to kill.

In PvE we do great on non elite mobs, but every single pull / quest has multiple strong or elite mobs where our abilities are useless. Why was it necessary to remove the stuns from our moves for these enemies? It's like against anything but a common trash mob Jedi are these weak pansies who have to cycle both offensive and defensive cooldowns to even stand a chance.

What were they doing in beta to have the game have so many glaring flaws.