Crafted items are better then Normal raid drops

Shodori

Alright here it goes... Most of you will not understand this... Most of you will disagree , but theres something you have to learn.

I am a synthweaver. I have RE'd many recipes up to epic.. I have also reverse engineered many rare recipes to epic , re'd the epic again to get the additional stat I call them T2 crafted epics.

First of all many of you are used to seeing those god aweful PVP gear stats where it will be for example

90 str

87 end

45 exp

46 crit

30 acc

First of all toss out the exp it does nothing for PVE

Now the key thing is as a crafter we get to control what stats go onto the gear

A Primeval helm (Rare) for example for my sent is

72 str

58 end

29 crit

37 surge

When i R/E this I can add 47 to Defense, crit or power. Learning the epic recipe

Now defense is useful.. The crit will add about 0.28 percent onto my score.. now the real interesting thing is people do not understand POWER.

I did a test with power and this is what i learned. Playing with a 28 power vs Str Augment

The strength augment gave me only 1 more base damage to my min and max damage on my mainhand /offhand weapon. And raised my crit 0.13 percent

So given that my base damage barely changed and not much crit happened to accoutn for the lack of crit I apply that 90 percent power = base stat.

So my 47 power i add is now essensually 42 str

So now actualy my helms stats are

114 str

58 end

29 crit

37 surge

That was just the first rengineer.. .I now get to add another +47 to shields, Accuracy, surge, absorb or pressence

Of course i go for accuracy Hawkeye Primevals Ardent blade headgear

72 Str

58 end

47 power

29 crit

37 surge

40 acc

Now you crit craft this sucker and you get an augment slot which you put in a 28 str augment

New stats

100 Str (140 str ignoring power)

58 end

47 power

29 crit

37 surge

40 acc

I have been getting normal drops in EV.. They do not compare to my crafted gear.

For instance my boots have

104 str,

+35 acc

+60 end

+70 power

these are the overkill Cerulian war boots with aug slot, I haven't gotten the extra +40 acc thats possible yet to put on them

The boots drop i got yesterday in a raid are Xenotech weaponmasters boots

77 str

96 end

43 crit

40 surge

A loss of 24 str, 70 power 35 acc, possibly 75 acc , for 36 end 43 crit and 40 surge.

ALSO

Bracers and Belts are very rare to get an orange item.. they do exist I have a bracer THAT I DONT USE...

My epic bracers and belts given you build them with the CORRECT stats. Sell.. and sell very well. The ones with aug slots I sell for 200k- 250k and high level raiders buy them

Educate your server. Test what I have told you on how your numbers change in your character screen. Learn how Reengineering works to get the CORRECT stats for what your making the item for. Just because its purple doesn't mean your done.

I am currenly doing hard modes in my CRAFTED GEAR... only normal mode items i have equiped are weapons.

The only problem atm is R/E needs to be fixed so you shouldn't have to destroy 80 epic metal to get the wrong recipe.

R/Eing should be changed so ease this by either refunding half of the most expensive material.. or just have a Turn in 5-10 of X item to learn a recipe

And also don't allow you to learn a recipe you already know thats just dumb.

And i just counted I have 49 epic recipes at the level 49-50 level.

I have estimated i have destroyed over 500 pieces of mandalorian iron and over 300 cloth

Vyxen Lord Praven

Edited by Shodori

Let me get one thing straight. Your saying you R/Ed a purple quality item and got a better recipe version of it? can you link a screen shot of them both if this is how I am understanding it? Ive been looking into r/e in general and that could answer some of my questions. Edited by starsetter

Let me get one thing straight. Your saying you R/Ed a purple quality item and got a better recipe version of it? can you link a screen shot of them both if this is how I am understanding it? Ive been looking into r/e in general and that could answer some of my questions.

Take a look at this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866

It explains everything in detail.

OP basically is correct - T2 prefix items with augments are insanly strong (and better than starting stuff).

My only problem is with how you try to weight strength to power (because you completely ignore DR).

My only problem with the system is that it is purely based on luck which recipe you learn. I tried to get an artifact item from a blue one and gave up after ~60 tries (with 0 recipes learned). Just the thought of the amount of frustration I would have when wasting mats for over 60 T1 artifact items to get T2 prefixes and then learning the one with presence on it keeps me from pursueing crafting on a deeper level ;)

I have RE'd many recipes up to epic.. I have also reverse engineered many rare recipes to epic , re'd the epic again to get the additional stat I call them T2 crafted epics.

You have to make it clear what you call rare, epic and T2 crafted epic.

There are Premium (Green), Prototype (Blue) and Artifact (Purple) items.

When you mention rare item, I think you mean that it is hard to find, and not that is 'Rare'. Also you do not reverse engineer recipes, but items you can make based on that recipes.

You forgot to mention that for most top 50 gear (Artifact) to craft you need operations/flashpointHard dropped crafting materials. Please confirm this.

weaponmasters boots with more End than Str? That is strange...

You also do not mention the most important for your items stat: Armor (and rating). You are comparing Mastercrafted items (Augment slot) with regular items I presume are Artifact (Purple) quality. What did you expect? Please compare them against Columi gear.

Personally I'd take the End over Str, you do more damage alive than dead.

Wonder how much resources you chewed through to get a T2 recipe and crit on it. Dare I suggest it takes much more time to collect those mats than simply completing a raid? I'm feeling game.

Edited by GloamingLeuceti

The problem I have with your post, is:

You claim that crafted items are better than raid drops, but then you do not compare them to a raid drop, but to a PvP equipment without expertise. Which is something completely different than a raid drop.

If you really want to make a point, you compare that to

- orange item with full daily mods

- raid drop

You are right that the purple items are sought after (dailies are boring, who cares about money). But this claim you make is wildly exaggerated and in no way do you prove it.

Let me get one thing straight. Your saying you R/Ed a purple quality item and got a better recipe version of it? can you link a screen shot of them both if this is how I am understanding it? Ive been looking into r/e in general and that could answer some of my questions.

I thought this too but I believe I see what's going on.

If you reverse Engineer from the schematics in your list you can go:

Green Base Schem -> Blue -> Purple.

If the Blue Schem is from the trainer and therefore the base item you can go:

Blue -> Purple -> Purple

Is that right?

essentially yeah - I did a quick play earlier after reading similar posts. I forget the exact name of the auto cannon i did it with but this is what happened: (I had already RE'd the blue and got an Artifact pattern, I then made 1 more of them and the RE popped first go for the veracity prefix. I compared this to the First Artifact (purple) one I could make and it had an extra stat, in this case i think it was defense. I then had recipes for both purples in my craft list

auto-cannon

RE to:

auto-cannon [superoir]

RE to:

veracity auto-cannon [superior]

Only interesting part of your post is the bit about REing items which start with other than green colour.

Say a purple item crafted from purple recipe could be REd into classic redoubt/overkill/critical version of that purple item and then again into the 15 more possibilities ??????

Otherwise I agree crafted gear is very strong when a Mastercraft and i find synthweaving / armortech better than biochem if indeed you can improve those BoP recipe purples.

I don't know how many have played wow but power is similar to enchants that add extra bonus stats like +10 to all stats,you can put on arrmor/weapons, only better. I also synthweave and from every bit of info I have gathered power adds to all stats, power surge is like a proc from an enchant. Too many things to add but if you have questions feel free to private message me.

by the way I like your post :D edit: I completly missed the point of post I am sorry,As a side note I have re some purple items but no procs. I imagine this would take a great deal of time and resources atm I am level 43 and do not have a lot of extra income to invest in re purble items and will pass on a purple item if it does not match my role.

Edited by eldisper

I'd assume what he's saying is.

You take a purple rakata item. (boots, belt, etc.)

You RE it to make a T1 purple rakata item. (with the critical/power/defense you want)

You RE it to make a T2 purple rakata item. (with the power/surge/alacrity/personality/shield you want)

you keep making that T2 purple rakata until you crit and get the augment.

You have something bloody fantastic.

None of that is news.

Of course, the reason nobody does it, is unless you get rediculously lucky, it would probably take more of the raid BoP mats than have dropped in the game to date across all the servers.

What no comments at all?

You confuse me.

There is Artifact Quality (Purple) and Legendary Quality (Dark Purple).

What are you referring to as "epic"

So far I haven't seen any items RE'd to Legendary Quality (Dark Purple) on the GTN, but that doesn't mean much.

As a Side Note: I'll be raising my prices for all my items that require blue/purple mats this weekend, as the cost has gone up to obtain them with the recent stealth nerfs. We'll see how that goes.

Edited by CriticalMasses

What the OP means is:

R/E blue to Purple T1.

R/E Purple T1 to Purple T2.

You can get Primeval recipes (blue level 50), NOT BoP for both recipe and crafted item.

R/Eing level 50 is better that level 49.

So he's comparing T2 level 50 purple to raid drop.

What we need is screencap to see the armor changes.

Edited by Cantiga

What we need is screencap to see the armor changes.

He's correct about the Blue -> T1 Purple -> T2 Purple bit, as can be found on the giant Reverse Engineering thread linked above.

But re: armor changes, I think a big part of his point is that the T2 Purple crafted item might sometimes have lower base and primary stat than similar raid drop, but it will have secondary stats (like power and defense) and that say +45 each to those two far outweighs a -5 or so in armor value and primary stat.

Interesting points, but I agree I'd need to see more data before making up my mind...

Redux:

For affecting specific stats like damage, stats like power boosts it not a little bit more, but a LOT more than cranking up your base stats.

Point:

Stop comparing items on base stats alone. Learn how crafting works to see how you can apply tighter focus to stats that are important to your build.

The problem I have with your post, is:

You claim that crafted items are better than raid drops, but then you do not compare them to a raid drop, but to a PvP equipment without expertise. Which is something completely different than a raid drop.

If you really want to make a point, you compare that to

- orange item with full daily mods

- raid drop

You are right that the purple items are sought after (dailies are boring, who cares about money). But this claim you make is wildly exaggerated and in no way do you prove it.

The second example with the boots is a RAID drop Vs my Overkill crafted boots

essentially yeah - I did a quick play earlier after reading similar posts. I forget the exact name of the auto cannon i did it with but this is what happened: (I had already RE'd the blue and got an Artifact pattern, I then made 1 more of them and the RE popped first go for the veracity prefix. I compared this to the First Artifact (purple) one I could make and it had an extra stat, in this case i think it was defense. I then had recipes for both purples in my craft list

auto-cannon

RE to:

auto-cannon [superoir]

RE to:

veracity auto-cannon [superior]

This is correct.

I am calling T2 epics, R/E purples. that orginate from Blue recipes. Primevals or even the level 49 BLUE's from your skill vendor which are bracers, boots, and gloves.

i thought this too but i believe i see what's going on.

If you reverse engineer from the schematics in your list you can go:

Green base schem -> blue -> purple.

If the blue schem is from the trainer and therefore the base item you can go:

Blue -> purple -> purple

is that right?

this is exactly what happens!

Only interesting part of your post is the bit about REing items which start with other than green colour.

Say a purple item crafted from purple recipe could be REd into classic redoubt/overkill/critical version of that purple item and then again into the 15 more possibilities ??????

Otherwise I agree crafted gear is very strong when a Mastercraft and i find synthweaving / armortech better than biochem if indeed you can improve those BoP recipe purples.

This is correct, Refer to the to the R/E sticky at the top of the forums.

you will craft into 3 types Redoubt, overkill and crit

So for example +47 Def, +47 power or +47 crit

You will then add on, shield, Presence, accuracy, alacrity, or surge

so yes its a spider web into 15 different types of gear.