QUEUES on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Gamex

Fix server queues on Tomb of Freedon nadd - its stupid I can't even play when I have time to play, over 1-2 hours waiting in queue and if I somehow crash or LD I have wait in queue again? REALLY?

I chose this server before it had any queue on the first day of early access - why did all the kids come to this server- its stupid. My character is almost level 30 and I can't even play... I'm tempted to re-roll to another server but I have a feeling that on launch all servers are gonna have stupid long queues. Not fun Bioware, not fun. :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix server queues on Tomb of Freedon nadd - its stupid I can't even play when I have time to play, over 1-2 hours waiting in queue and if I somehow crash or LD I have wait in queue again? REALLY?

I chose this server before it had any queue on the first day of early access - why did all the kids come to this server- its stupid. My character is almost level 30 and I can't even play... I'm tempted to re-roll to another server but I have a feeling that on launch all servers are gonna have stupid long queues. Not fun Bioware, not fun. :(

blah blah blah, blame kids, blah blah blah, sense of entitlement.....

Some of us are still in a queue to even get EGA, and you expect sympathy...lol.

I hate to say it, but I believe he has a point, looking at the waiting times for other English servers, I can understand and justify a wait of maybe 20 mins, but over an hour to play? Seems like a bit of a joke to me.

Granted, I know that there are a larger number of people still waiting for EGA, but still, if they are having queues of over an hour on a single server, whereas other servers are still on a light load, why not offload some of the strain, and use another servers resources. They're all going to be virtual servers anyway, so it's not exactly difficult to do.

In a galaxy far far away.... I got my early game access today, waited for 1.30 hour queue to get in, played for 2 hours, got dc'd, and now it's a 1800+ people queue with estimated time 2 hours. My Saga begins NOW! Not. Edited by deus_dope

Well many months ago a lot of guilds from previous mmo's organised on this board that this server should be a high quality pvp server and then the Spanish guilds got together after that and chose that one particular server which already had plans for high population as the server they wanted to go to. Now big surprise it has over an hour wait non prime time and two hour wait in prime time. Summary: the Spanish should have picked a different server.

Yaaayyy!!! I got my EGA!!...*logs in.. looks at server list..Tomb of Freedon Nadd..* there it is..*CLICK*...

*You are number 1550 in a queue. Estimated wait of 1hr 35minutes*

WOOT!!...NOES...NOES....!!!

Dear Bioforge.. not smart inviting everyone and their aunties dog to one server...NO.. NO.. NO!!!

Please fix for us and future EGA's????

So i call comunity leaders and bioware staff to change server and controll traffic.

Its true that this server have the most large queue and now its possible to do in easy way untill peoples don't reach levelcap.

And, probably, its possible to close it totally.

Edited by Inqi

If you'd check the @SWTOR Twitter feed, you'd know that they've been adding new servers like crazy...

It'll even out, give it some time and relax.

When i move in new server i move

1) with my friends

2) with my character, wich i leveled alot

I just realised that it was a genius idea to close it today

Edited by Inqi

Nadd server was decided upon to be the pvp server for a large number of guilds and was well planned by Sacrx.

Unfortunately the average player when looking for a server chooses one that has a high pop. Nadd with a high pop became a big attraction. The same thing for undecided pvp guilds. Then you have rumours of spanish / italian also going there.

So yes its going to be a crazy high pop server with some of the best competitve pvp; but until January the queues will be insane.

In January with a number of guilds / players having gotten sick of the queues and left things will calm down.

As for Black Company we decided on going to The Ravager pvp server; and in the end not Nadd. Alot of reasons for this not just the queues; although I am sad that I wont be playing against certain guilds on Nadd :(

Cant someone invent technology that allows huge numbers of players on same server? I think EVE already does this?

Nadd server was decided upon to be the pvp server for a large number of guilds and was well planned by Sacrx.

Unfortunately the average player when looking for a server chooses one that has a high pop. Nadd with a high pop became a big attraction. The same thing for undecided pvp guilds. Then you have rumours of spanish / italian also going there.

So yes its going to be a crazy high pop server with some of the best competitve pvp; but until January the queues will be insane.

In January with a number of guilds / players having gotten sick of the queues and left things will calm down.

As for Black Company we decided on going to The Ravager pvp server; and in the end not Nadd. Alot of reasons for this not just the queues; although I am sad that I wont be playing against certain guilds on Nadd :(

Cant someone invent technology that allows huge numbers of players on same server? I think EVE already does this?

Black Company... Go figures you republic guild Pandemic? If so it will be a blast to try and kill you again...

Januk Monkeydoodle (Karak-Norn)

We're currently looking at a situation where people have committed some time to their characters and won't be willing to move. As they are invested they will be willing to tolerate the queues (even though they will probably spent more time in queues then the played times of their characters).

What's worst is some of these people are their community leaders which will bring even more queues. The same thing happened in the rift server 'whitefall'. This server had queues which gradually lowered during the course of it's lifetime, though there were still 1 hour queues, 3 months after launch.

My solution would be to: clone the server

This way the leaders of the spanish, english, italian communities can part ways without losing the player invested time. Right now we're looking at a war of server attrition where 1000's will wait in queues and will so for months to come.