"We've been trained to handle Sith."...What?

Khraizin

Okay so I'm doing my thing with the class Story, and my contact is being harassed by some exchange thugs. So I try to act like big scary Sith man, and they go "We've been trained to handle Sith."

What?...WHAT?! Is there like Sith fighting classes at every night school in the galaxy now?

See i'm willing to accept that maybe certain commandos and what not might have some kind of tactic for dealing with sith, you know like high value republic officers or agents or elite soldiers or what have you..But really? You expect me to believe that small time criminal thugs have been specifically trained to deal with a sith lord?

Well, you know what? I think this is just the writer being lazy and trying to create some kind of tension or sense of danger or whatever...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I'm doing my thing with the class Story, and my contact is being harassed by some exchange thugs. So I try to act like big scary Sith man, and they go "We've been trained to handle Sith."

What?...WHAT?! Is there like Sith fighting classes at every night school in the galaxy now?

See i'm willing to accept that maybe certain commandos and what not might have some kind of tactic for dealing with sith, you know like high value republic officers or agents or elite soldiers or what have you..But really? You expect me to believe that small time criminal thugs have been specifically trained to deal with a sith lord?

Well, you know what? I think this is just the writer being lazy and trying to create some kind of tension or sense of danger or whatever...

They are Small time thugs, small time thugs lie:rak_04:

They were trying to make them sound tougher than they were, which is common Thug behavior

Well if they were just lying then they knew they wouldn't really be a match for a Sith, in which case wouldn't an intimidation option have been in order?

I have this same problem with many Sith and Republic non-Sensitives in the game... Though I am pretty sure I know what is going on.

The people who train these guys can't really train them to fight Sith or Jedi. There is simply no training that is sufficient. Even vaunted Mandalorian training only gets you so far and we know canonically that no military in Star Wars was ever actually able to stand up to the Jedi or the Sith... Not even the Mandalorians, though they came the most close. Even Teras Kasi, a martial art specifically built to fight Force Users, doesn't actually work that well because Force Users simply learned how to counter it, and even worse, learned how to use it and were automatically better at it. (see the Medstar series when a Jedi Healer with a passing knowledge of it takes out the Galactic Champion easily.)

So what do these people do?

Well they don't want their men to be scared of Force Users... So they "train them" to fight Force Users... By train them I mean blow a lot of smoke (kind of like how HK-47 gives completely not all that helpful advice) and give them a false sense of security.

So what is happening is those men think they have been trained to handle Force Users but in reality... No.

I have this same problem with many Sith and Republic non-Sensitives in the game... Though I am pretty sure I know what is going on.

The people who train these guys can't really train them to fight Sith or Jedi. There is simply no training that is sufficient. Even vaunted Mandalorian training only gets you so far and we know canonically that no military in Star Wars was ever actually able to stand up to the Jedi or the Sith... Not even the Mandalorians, though they came the most close. Even Teras Kasi, a martial art specifically built to fight Force Users, doesn't actually work that well because Force Users simply learned how to counter it, and even worse, learned how to use it and were automatically better at it. (see the Medstar series when a Jedi Healer with a passing knowledge of it takes out the Galactic Champion easily.)

Well they don't want their men to be scared of Force Users... So they "train them" to fight Force Users... By train them I mean blow a lot of smoke (kind of like how HK-47 gives completely not all that helpful advice) and give them a false sense of security.

So what is happening is those men think they have been trained to handle Force Users but in reality... No.

Well the Think with HK is that he knows HOW to kill Force Users, which made him learn from the very first kill, perfecting his techniques, playing with the Jedis weaknesses

Alright, I think I might be willing to accept this. It certainly makes more sense than every trade school in the universe having a degree for Force Killers. Thank you for the time you put in!

Well the Think with HK is that he knows HOW to kill Force Users, which made him learn from the very first kill, perfecting his techniques, playing with the Jedis weaknesses

There are no Jedi weaknesses. The things HK says to do canonically don't work (any better than any other way). I debunked every one of his tactics before.

For example...

He recommends killing people to throw a Jedi off his/her game.

Jedi have been in war zones. Where many MANY people die. In order to make a Jedi hesitate from killing people you have to do something like blow up an entire planet. That is the problem with HK he's simply wrong.

There are no Jedi weaknesses. The things HK says to do canonically don't work (any better than any other way). I debunked every one of his tactics before.

For example...

Jedi have been in war zones. Where many MANY people die. In order to make a Jedi hesitate from killing people you have to do something like blow up an entire planet. That is the problem with HK he's simply wrong.

Thats not what HK said btw i suggest you look that video up one more time. And hk-47 has killed plenty of jedi. so your arguments are irrelevant Walsh. OP both Jedi and Sith are indeed extremely dangerous warriors but they are not invulnerable. a simple grunt with rifle will never win but the 4 non force users in this game are not only extremely skilled but also very well equipped. Flamethrowers ,explosives, missiles and ion pulses are all pretty good ways to kill a jedi or a sith. Thats why all of the non force users are able to destroy jedi masters and darths.

Thats not what HK said btw i suggest you look that video up one more time. And hk-47 has killed plenty of jedi. so your arguments are irrelevant Walsh. OP both Jedi and Sith are indeed extremely dangerous warriors but they are not invulnerable. a simple grunt with rifle will never win but the 4 non force users in this game are not only extremely skilled but also very well equipped. Flamethrowers ,explosives, missiles and ion pulses are all pretty good ways to kill a jedi or a sith. Thats why all of the non force users are able to destroy jedi masters and darths.

Just because they don't have weaknesses doesn't make them invulnerable and nobody ever claimed it did. Also the fact that you can do it in the game doesn't make it in canon. Flamethrowers don't work any better than blasters. Missiles and explosives are the same. The problem with HK isn't that the things he says kill Jedi won't kill Jedi, but they won't kill Jedi any easier than any other method.

You have just as much chance with a rocket launcher as you do with a blaster pistol. That is to say a very small chance.

For example...

But Target a Jedis Personal Companions, Apprentices or Friends, they wouldnt be so reckless as to attack when their friends lives are on the line, besides, all Jedi Arent Warriors in Warzones, Far From it, and HK adapted to the Jedis tactics, It Works, your living in Denial Meatbag, Let it go:d_cool:

Just because they don't have weaknesses doesn't make them invulnerable and nobody ever claimed it did. Also the fact that you can do it in the game doesn't make it in canon. Flamethrowers don't work any better than blasters. Missiles and explosives are the same. The problem with HK isn't that the things he says kill Jedi won't kill Jedi, but they won't kill Jedi any easier than any other method.

You have just as much chance with a rocket launcher as you do with a blaster pistol. That is to say a very small chance.

A Rocket Aimed at the feet, or at the ground, is harder to deflect, If you shoot a rocket at the ground the blast is going to hit the Legs, and if your unnarmored your screwed

I think the trick with HK advise is that these tactics are not commonly used. If most people who attack Jedi go with blasters, Jedi will train mostly to counter blasters. So they are more vaulnerable to grenades. If most people would use grenades against Jedi, then they might be not as good against blasters.

Its been a while since I played KotoR, but I seem to remember the game talking about how Jedi and Sith weren't so terribly uncommon (as they are in the original trilogy) and so soldiers would receive training to combat Jedi. I never took it as that the average trooper would be a Jedi slayer, but maybe no different than soldiers today receiving training in anti-armor or guerrilla tactics. A little knowledge can go a long way.

I can imagine that from watching Jedi/Sith in the field you can derive tactics & fighting styles to counter act theirs. However Jedi/Sith are trained in various forms of combat and have been known to transition between the styles fluently. I guess to go toe to toe with them you would have to be specifically trained to take them down ie: an Imperial Guard. Pretty much the most capable non force users in the galaxy imo.

At the end of the day being a force user doesn't guarantee victory in a fight, it does stack the odds in your favour though :p

Huh? ! ?

This is common knowledge, really, the galaxy over.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20030925tips

For crying out loud, KotoR II, hundreds of years earlier goes into great detail about Revan's Jedi Hunters. Atton Rand clues us in -- to great detail -- about ticks and techniques people can use to confound Force-users.

And likewise about the Heart of Malachor crucible school of Sith agents being training new Jedi Hunters so successful that they killed off enough Jedi -- primarily with a few selected alpha strikes from Nihilus -- to make the galaxy believe they were all dead, save one.

Ever since a regular, run-of-the-mill ancient battle droid was able to take down a Jedi Master have the forces of corruption been seeking to refine the mundane process of killing Jedi as quickly and as simply as possible.

It's something the Emperor came to understand. It's not like this is rocket science. Point enough simultaneous blasters at one, and they. will. go. down.

Huh? ! ?

This is common knowledge, really, the galaxy over.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20030925tips

For crying out loud, KotoR II, hundreds of years earlier goes into great detail about Revan's Jedi Hunters. Atton Rand clues us in -- to great detail -- about ticks and techniques people can use to confound Force-users.

And likewise about the Heart of Malachor crucible school of Sith agents being training new Jedi Hunters so successful that they killed off enough Jedi -- primarily with a few selected alpha strikes from Nihilus -- to make the galaxy believe they were all dead, save one.

Ever since a regular, run-of-the-mill ancient battle droid was able to take down a Jedi Master have the forces of corruption been seeking to refine the mundane process of killing Jedi as quickly and as simply as possible.

It's something the Emperor came to understand. It's not like this is rocket science. Point enough simultaneous blasters at one, and they. will. go. down.

So you're telling me that common small-time street thugs have the same level of training against sith and jedi as Revan's personal assassin squads? Nice try.