Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Largest Casual Guilds?

Buckaru
11.28.2012 , 06:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaalkingdom View Post
The Old Timers Guild (OTG) has a very large presence on The Shadowlands with guilds on both the Empire & Republic. http://www.oldtimersguild.com
My gf applied to OTG, but got hung up when she was asked to get on Mumble. Is voice-chat a requirement for joining? It's not something we typically do because it makes it harder for me to interact with her while we game. After 11 years, it's just one of the many ground rules we've had to work out for game time. No Raiding - No Vent - No Skipping Showers.

Kaalkingdom
11.28.2012 , 06:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Buckaru View Post
My gf applied to OTG, but got hung up when she was asked to get on Mumble. Is voice-chat a requirement for joining? It's not something we typically do because it makes it harder for me to interact with her while we game. After 11 years, it's just one of the many ground rules we've had to work out for game time. No Raiding - No Vent - No Skipping Showers.

Voice chat is how we work with so many members. We help get our new members set up in the guild and in our private guild chat channel (it's a private channel that links our multiple guilds). It is also how we get to know each other better, but it is not required that someone has to stay in Mumble. We have many members that only get in Mumble for meetings, raids, events, pvp, etc. after getting in the guild.

Have her send me a PM on the OTG forums. My OTG forum name is Kaeli.
Kaeli - OTG - Empire Chapter Leader
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!"
www.oldtimersguild.com
Carla, host of Corellian Run Radio

Nee-Elder
11.28.2012 , 06:59 PM | #13
Size matters not...except in MMO's

Anyways, here is our Guild's recruitment thread, if you haven't found a 'home' already:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...63#post5492363

regards, Nee
I love(d) Pre-CU, CU, JTL, SWG, EMU, and TOR. Yeah that's right: *all* of them.
TEAMISB