Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I think she was the most interesting character in the planned Knights trilogy, and I think we lost a lot of interesting story-telling that would have focused around her. A redemption arc is difficult if the player ends up as the Eternal Commander, but if the storyline includes the possibility of walking away from the throne, it's a whole 'nother ballgame, in my opinion. I think it would have been a great option.

What I wanted then: The ability to show her compassion, even if she spat it back in my face and forced me to kill her.

What I want now: Resurrection, some form of redemption, and a traveling companion. Or just the occasional email notification that she's getting the help she needs, but the companion would be better.

While I think her ending is really the only way they could have gone, and the one where she would be able to find peace, she like Zhorrid broke my heart completely. She was her father's ultimate victim and she will have my compassion, and affection just for that.

What I want now: Resurrection, some form of redemption, and a traveling companion. Or just the occasional email notification that she's getting the help she needs, but the companion would be better.

Cloning?

Sith Voodoo?

Belsavis Mother Machine?

Plenty of options out there.

I suppose as we're going back to Nathema, maybe we'll get lucky ... I doubt it, but you never know.

Yes. Also an option to join forces and be the most powerful psychos in teh galaxy.

My inquisitor NEEDS this!

Yeah! That would have been my ideal ending! :D

Edited by Paulsutherland

I wasn't a fan of her voice either, though I do think it suits her.

Me too.

I do feel sorry about her - I really hoped we could redeem her too.

What always confuses me is how she has blond hair in the trailer and later it is brown? I mean I know hair color can change during childhood but why just not give her brown hair in the trailer?

Edited by Cawyden

Me too.

What always confuses me is how she has blond hair in the trailer and later it is brown? I mean I know hair color can change during childhood but why just not give her brown hair in the trailer?

Maybe she died it after Arcann got her back from Nathema? Or it's a side effect of sticking those lumps on her forehead.

Maybe she died it after Arcann got her back from Nathema? Or it's a side effect of sticking those lumps on her forehead.

Yeah could be dyed right. And as you mentioned it - we still don't know what these "gems" are for right? I mean Senya has them too but no one else on Zakuul if I remember right.

Vaylin and Arcann both were a blight upon this game. From their overbearing voice actors to their Pinky and the Brain style scheming scenes to the writers' stubbornly trying to make us sympathize or even, dare i say it - love them *full body cringes* - and also the way they would each enunciate "FATHER" lmao *gargles phlegm* FAAAATHER ... they are a lesson in how to write characters to inspire hatred. Insipid, screeching, seething, sneering. If there was one redeeming quality to either of them, it was that they were cute kids.

btw, you should have specified in the title that "haters keep out." :p

• Like 1

Yeah could be dyed right. And as you mentioned it - we still don't know what these "gems" are for right? I mean Senya has them too but no one else on Zakuul if I remember right.

Uhhh, I can't spell today. Are they some kind of royalty marking? Or Zakuul's version of jewellery?

Vaylin and Arcann both were a blight upon this game. From their overbearing voice actors to their Pinky and the Brain style scheming scenes to the writers' stubbornly trying to make us sympathize or even, dare i say it - love them *full body cringes* - and also the way they would each enunciate "FATHER" lmao *gargles phlegm* FAAAATHER ... they are a lesson in how to write characters to inspire hatred. Insipid, screeching, seething, sneering. If there was one redeeming quality to either of them, it was that they were cute kids.

btw, you should have specified in the title that "haters keep out." :p

All emotions are welcome :D

Me too.

I have family that absolutely had that kind of light blonde hair as children but grew up to have dark hair. Well, until it turned white. I've seen the pictures.

I also like the idea that she dyed it, though. She didn't want any reminder of being that little girl playing with her mother or brothers in the swamp.

I have family that absolutely had that kind of light blonde hair as children but grew up to have dark hair. Well, until it turned white. I've seen the pictures.

I also like the idea that she dyed it, though. She didn't want any reminder of being that little girl playing with her mother or brothers in the swamp.

Same here. A lot of the people in my family have dirty blonde hair as kids which turns to dark brown as they grow older.

That video is what gets me every time. This poor, innocent child cursed with power she can't control, betrayed by her mother (at least in her eyes), and tortured by her father. And on the other side, as a parent, the anguish of Senya when she realizes that she is too late and has lost her child already. Two equally compelling points of view that are diametrically opposed. At least for me, *that* is what makes good storytelling.

My hair was light blonde as a child, but as I got older it got darker.

Well, maybe if we get her back she'll dye it blonde again ... I'm sure Lana has some blonde dye laying around she could donate.