Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will Newbies PLEASE Level Up!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Will Newbies PLEASE Level Up!

Eoinol
10.12.2018 , 04:03 AM | #1
So I'm leveling up my last two characters.
No matter what faction I am on, I always do every mission, main purple, side & Heroic missions on my first and second planets.

I pick the side missions I want after that, but this way I have leveled up enough to survive on planet 3 and I have credits to upgrade my gear if I want.

I see far too many newbies that are far too low to be on a planet & they get wiped out, cry and say the game is crap.

I was on Balmorra where a level 29 was getting wiped out, just trying to get to the first mission. Yes, he could survive, but life was A LOT harder for him.
Newbies PLEASE Level Up on the correct planet, do every mission, main purple, side & Heroic missions on my first and second planets and upgrade your gear a little until you start getting gear drops.
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.

SteveTheCynic
10.12.2018 , 07:06 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Eoinol View Post
Newbies PLEASE Level Up on the correct planet, do every mission, main purple, side & Heroic missions on my first and second planets and upgrade your gear a little until you start getting gear drops.
To be the "right'" level for a planet, all that's needed is the full set of class missions and the purple-triangle <Story Arc> missions on each planet. All that other stuff will put the character significantly over-level.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

casirabit
10.12.2018 , 08:31 AM | #3
When I start a new character (and I am long way from being a newbie p) I will do all the class story/planet on the starter planets and the heroics but after that I just do the class story and the heroics. I have done those planetary missions enough to know I am not doing them again and I don't really need to I am already over leveled by the time I hit a new planet.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Eoinol
10.13.2018 , 06:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
To be the "right'" level for a planet, all that's needed is the full set of class missions and the purple-triangle <Story Arc> missions on each planet. All that other stuff will put the character significantly over-level.
Maybe you are overlevel if you do it right, I've met a few crying newbies in the last few days, getting swamped on the higher planets, hence the post.

I think that because they are not doing the missions, they are not getting the gear drops, so under geared.
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth

SteveTheCynic
10.13.2018 , 10:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Eoinol View Post
Maybe you are overlevel if you do it right, I've met a few crying newbies in the last few days, getting swamped on the higher planets, hence the post.

I think that because they are not doing the missions, they are not getting the gear drops, so under geared.
It's usually because they've done no side/exploration/heroic missions, and they've skipped one or more planets' worth of <Story Arc>. When they were discussing how XP would work in 4.0, one of the BioWare peeps (I think it was Eric, but it might have been Charles) explained that the XP quantities were set up so that a subscriber's character would stay "at level" using *just* the class stories and the <Story Arc> missions and no XP boosters, I think. That is, such a character would finish the main class story and be ready to go to Ilum at level 50.

Not long after 4.0 was released, I was doing class story on the surface of Quesh, and there was a shout in /general because someone could not take the shuttle. I told him to go to the medical NPC with the mission. He couldn't find it, so I went up and showed him. He was level 30, and the NPC would not give him the mission. I told him that he needed to go back to earlier planets and complete a bunch of missions in order to be about level 35. And it's a recurring theme, almost a SWTOR meme, with people who get stuck in the later parts of Tatooine because they can't scratch NPCs because they are only level 23 or so, having skipped lots of missions.

There may also be gear issues, of course.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Eoinol
Yesterday , 04:04 AM | #6
interesting :-)
I've done everything on every planet, plus heroics & the 3 daily areas for my latest alt, I'll be level 70 before leaving chapter 1
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth