What is going on with the Royal Tauntaun?

DarthEnrique

Looks like it's another Twitch promotion that has not yet gone live. So, no additional info as of yet.

And yeah, I know this post isn't helpful other than to confirm that there doesn't seem to be any dates floating around.

Edited by KamiSongheart

I've looked around for a release date, too, and the only thing I've found was that Dulfy says it's going to be released sometime during 5.9. Would be nice to know an exact date, though...

Yeah I saw that, it’d definitely would be nice to know something on this cause I have all the other Tauntaun mounts and I don’t want to miss this one.

Yeah I saw that, it’d definitely would be nice to know something on this cause I have all the other Tauntaun mounts and I don’t want to miss this one.

Yeah, I have them all, too, and they're all named. LOL. Tauntaun Hoarder should be my title. :D

I will be very upset if I'm unable to get this one, so I hope a release date is announced soon.

Edited by EllieNeo
Addition

• 2 weeks later...
I am also a Collector of the mounts and have them all but the Royal TaunTaun. I heard from some other people that it was already released thru twitch and to get this Mount you had to mail in a screen shot of your twitch prime account to get it. this is just hear say remind you. but i would not doubt it. I been checking my twitch prime account for months and i also sent in a ticket about it and keep just getting messages back saying this offer has passed. Twitch prime don't have a Customer service number and when i called swtor about it they act like they know nothing about it. if some one finds some thing out about it please contact me on the Satele Shan Server under Warchildvolk. thank you, Warchild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am also a Collector of the mounts and have them all but the Royal TaunTaun. I heard from some other people that it was already released thru twitch and to get this Mount you had to mail in a screen shot of your twitch prime account to get it. this is just hear say remind you. but i would not doubt it. I been checking my twitch prime account for months and i also sent in a ticket about it and keep just getting messages back saying this offer has passed. Twitch prime don't have a Customer service number and when i called swtor about it they act like they know nothing about it. if some one finds some thing out about it please contact me on the Satele Shan Server under Warchildvolk. thank you, Warchild

No screenshot should be required. They had a bundle with a mount - the AC-PT Walker - last year (I think) and no screenshot was necessary. You just claimed the code from Twitch Prime and Redeemed the code through your SWTOR account. I imagine it just hasn't been released yet.

yeah it clearly states you get it from twitch prime, so im guessing it will come with the next update we are close to getting. or maybe on the livestream event they are having instead of the cantina event.

Have never used twitch prime, do you just sign up, or is it a pay thing?

Edited by DarkTergon
bad spelling..lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I contacted in-game customer service, and got two replies. I will copypaste them here.

"Hi, this is Luna from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service! Thank you for contacting us about Royal Tauntaun.

I understand that you wish to have the Royal Tauntaun added on your Collection. Let me go ahead and check my resources here regarding this mount from there we'll see when will this be available in-game.

After checking my resources here, it shows that Royal Tauntaun is already available in game since patch 5.9.0. However, this mount is granted to players joining the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community through Twitch Prime.

We appreciate your understanding and continued patience, and I am glad that I was able to assists you with your concern by informing you that Royal Tauntaun is already available in-game.

Should you require further assistance or if you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with."

I then replied, upset, wanting to make sure she'd told me right, and was sent this;

"Hi, this is Luna from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service! I am getting back to you regarding the Royal Tauntaun.

To answer your question about if a long term players who collect tauntauns won't get the Royal tauntaun, I must say that it is not the criteria to be ineligible in getting this mount. As what we know this mount will go live in Twitch Prime (no date release yet) and this will be granted to players joining the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community through Twitch Prime.

For the meantime, I highly recommend to check promotion update in Twitch Prime for SWTOR. If in case we got information about this mount went live in Twitch Prime we will post the update on our website http://www.swtor.com/community/

We appreciate your understanding and continued patience, and I am glad that I was able to assists you with your concern by answering your query about Royal Tauntaun."

• 3 weeks later...
I contacted in-game customer service, and got two replies. I will copypaste them here.

"Hi, this is Luna from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service! Thank you for contacting us about Royal Tauntaun.

I understand that you wish to have the Royal Tauntaun added on your Collection. Let me go ahead and check my resources here regarding this mount from there we'll see when will this be available in-game.

After checking my resources here, it shows that Royal Tauntaun is already available in game since patch 5.9.0. However, this mount is granted to players joining the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community through Twitch Prime.

We appreciate your understanding and continued patience, and I am glad that I was able to assists you with your concern by informing you that Royal Tauntaun is already available in-game.

Should you require further assistance or if you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with."

I then replied, upset, wanting to make sure she'd told me right, and was sent this;

"Hi, this is Luna from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service! I am getting back to you regarding the Royal Tauntaun.

To answer your question about if a long term players who collect tauntauns won't get the Royal tauntaun, I must say that it is not the criteria to be ineligible in getting this mount. As what we know this mount will go live in Twitch Prime (no date release yet) and this will be granted to players joining the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community through Twitch Prime.

For the meantime, I highly recommend to check promotion update in Twitch Prime for SWTOR. If in case we got information about this mount went live in Twitch Prime we will post the update on our website http://www.swtor.com/community/

We appreciate your understanding and continued patience, and I am glad that I was able to assists you with your concern by answering your query about Royal Tauntaun."

That is so confusing! So you have to be a non-sub new player to get the mount? That's what it sounds like to me. I just bought Amazon Prime so I could get this mount cause Eric and them said in the livestream they are holding off on putting the Tauntaun mount out! Ugh! I hate wasting money... they need to hurry up and release this mount...

Edited by DarthEnrique

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I wonder if there planning to release it during the Cantina Event in Chicago on April 13th ..... if we do not hear any thing by then I am going to be pissed too. they need to give us some kind of update on the item and not this micky mouse bull sheet they been doing saying it been released then it has not and no info on a date or any thing. :mad:

Eric commented on this in another Thread yesterday:

This is an item that was created with the possibility of using it as a part of a promotion that never happened. There are no locked plans for it ATM so there is no ETA, but it will come into the game at some point.

• 5 weeks later...