HM Blood hunt should be XNiM Please make a HM Blood hunt

As the title says. since Bioware has "fixed" the first boss, all most no groups can finish it. Many leave as soon as they see it is HM Blood Hunt.

This is ridiculous. They have to see the stats that this is a Fail FP and the reason I hate to queue for HM 60's.

I have almost all 198 gear in a shadow. and all augmented. Seems like I do no damage to adds in this.

The problem with this FP is that the DPS should be really aware of what's surronding them, really know their class and deal a lot of damage in the short phases were you actually hit the boss. Most PuGs DPS don't have those 3 qualities at the same time. Some have 2, a lot have 1, but most have none.

I find my most successfull runs are on my main shadow (ever since before I had any 192) or my sin. I downed it a few times when I mained a sage healer and downed it once 2 or 3 days ago on my fresh commando healer. Tried it 3 times today, once on my sorcerer heal and twice on my commando and it did not happen. Even if the last time we went mostly in guild (only a PuG heal) we downed it at 50% before the 1st set of add spawned.

It may be a bit overtuned for random casual player, but as a progression raider, I find it's one of the few challenges left in HM FP, together with the bonus boss of Battle Of Rishi.

BW need to clearly tune those FP better or simply make clear that certain ones are reserved to most advance players.

This sadly is an honest and the best case of Learning to play (L2p) the first boss which funny enough imo is the hardest and it mostly requires all members to have an above average understanding of how thier class works. Dps need to be aware of where theyre standing and need to kill adds quickly while maintaining a decent rotation a nd not pressing random abilities. Healers need to know how to cleanse drop aggro and effectively heal a 4man group because there will be out going damage that the tank cannot prevent.. Tank needs to position properly and taunt on the force aggro drop while using proper cd management .

This flashpoint is one of the single best things in 3.0 because it's not to hard but it has mechanics that every single person should strive to learn and is almost a mini test leading up to operation tbh it's even more challenging dps wise then some operation bosses.

It's just like lost island and kaon they are tuned the same and it has nothing to do with them being bad flashpoint they just require a healthy understanding of your class from each player.

I'm personally looking forward to a HM Lost Isand, Kaon, and Red Reaper at tier in the upcoming expansion not everything is meant to be easy.

This flashpoint is one of the single best things in 3.0

Agreed. The only reason people find it hard is that Bioware has been making the rest of their content so casual-friendly, that when players are finally presented with a challenge which requires basic knowledge of their class they panic and cry for a nerf.

As the title says. since Bioware has "fixed" the first boss, all most no groups can finish it. Many leave as soon as they see it is HM Blood Hunt.

This is ridiculous. They have to see the stats that this is a Fail FP and the reason I hate to queue for HM 60's.

I have almost all 198 gear in a shadow. and all augmented. Seems like I do no damage to adds in this.

let me guess, commendation gear, no set bonus, stats poorly distributed, rotation possibly wrong?

:rolleyes:

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/25/swtor-3-0-hatred-assassin-dps-guide-by-aelanis/

http://dulfy.net/2015/04/21/swtor-3-0-deception-assassin-dps-guide-by-artorias/

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/assassin/all/1000000/all/live/0/

guess I shouldn't be condescending, sorry about that

I do think that HM blood hunt is a great wake-up call for people that they're doing something wrong in either their rotation, self positioning or add positioning. (or gear for that matter)

Edited by Faardor

Too many bads raised on tactical flashpoints, were never expected to learn their class while levelling, and then get to endgame and ragequit whenever anything presents even the slightest challenge.

Best way to fix this is to get rid of tacticals altogether, but that's not going to happen, and in fact, they're catering even more to the bads by making all of the other flashpoints solo mode now, so they won't even learn how to play in a group, let alone their role.

The problem with Blood Hunt is one bad player in a group can make it nearly impossible to complete (similar issue with LI way back when).

Given it is in the same queue as other FPs where you can let half the group die and still win, it is over tuned (or the rest of the content is under tuned).

Either ramp up difficulty in the rest of the content (and expect players to step up - good luck with that), or bring the difficulty down so it is still doable with a bad player or two in a random group.

IMO this could include removing the enrage timer (boss and adds), reducing the HP of boss and adds, and / or increasing the timer significantly.

The middle boss doesn't seem to be too much of a problem, though the last boss might need a bit of a damage nerf if groups with a bad or two are able to reach that boss with adjustments made to the first.

I personally really enjoy this boss, and I'd even go far enough to say it's my favorite HM FP boss in the game. The difficulty is perfect with a pug group, with an actual, somewhat tight enrage, stupid to move out of, cleansing, and even stuff tanks need to watch for rather than just standing there holding aggro and being bored.

Agreed. The only reason people find it hard is that Bioware has been making the rest of their content so casual-friendly, that when players are finally presented with a challenge which requires basic knowledge of their class they panic and cry for a nerf.

So this is why 3 times out of 4 people will leave this FP as soon as they phase in and see they have gotten HM Blood Hunt. the rest of the time it is under geared/under experienced people that want to honestly try it. But fail miserably. This FP should not be in the normal HM 60 rotation, if we want a challenge, it should be in a separate queue that we can form competent team members to tackle it.

My 2 credits.

let me guess, commendation gear, no set bonus, stats poorly distributed, rotation possibly wrong?

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/25/swtor-3-0-hatred-assassin-dps-guide-by-aelanis/

http://dulfy.net/2015/04/21/swtor-3-0-deception-assassin-dps-guide-by-artorias/

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/assassin/all/1000000/all/live/0/

guess I shouldn't be condescending, sorry about that

I do think that HM blood hunt is a great wake-up call for people that they're doing something wrong in either their rotation, self positioning or add positioning. (or gear for that matter)

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Don't be calling me out because I am proclaiming a clear problem with the FP's You should consider that many (not all) of the other randoms that get this FP are not ready, not geared and don't know what they are doing. I have been at this game since Beta. It is true the failing on this boss is usually the result of the DPS. The adds normally do not get burnt down fast enough. The High amount of AOE from the boss often disturbs the DPS as they are just trying to stay alive and out of the junk. R-DPS are at an advantage in this over M-DPS

Edited by DakotaDoc

Seems like I do no damage to adds in this.

I have been at this game since Beta.

Doesn't mean you have been doing it right since launch. If you cant kill the adds alone with some time left to DPS boss then im sorry, you dont make for a very good assassin.

It is true the failing on this boss is usually the result of the DPS. The adds normally do not get burnt down fast enough.

A solo DPS has to do roughly around 2900 DPS per add cycle to keep up with adds, I personally can reach that on all the DPS classes I play (including 2 melee which are marauder and juggernaught) and that still leaves me with time to add some dps to boss. If the tank is being helpful by grouping up the add near the boss I can even DOT spread and apply extra damage.

Usually if im doing HM bloodhunt and the other DPS is melee ill tell him to tunnel vision boss while I clear adds. (especially if im ranged)

The High amount of AOE from the boss often disturbs the DPS as they are just trying to stay alive and out of the junk.

Sure, but its only for a few seconds every cycle, I dont really count the adds, if youre on them as melee you can just step through them, if youre ranged you'll have to move. If you're on boss you can just inch away a little bit.

R-DPS are at an advantage in this over M-DPS

Ill agree to this

Edited by Faardor

I Agree the first boss is a little much , as a tank ive tried it about 10-15 times and either two things happen we hit hard enrage with around 20-30% or dps dont take adds fast enough most of the time its the first reason.

as dps ive tried it two times both times i had to handle a add and a half per spawn hit hard enrage both times around 19%

If you can't do it in augmented 198 gear, you need to

Seriously, I'd rather have them buff the remaining 60 FP's to this level than get BH and BoR nerfed further. It's called HM for a reason.

Not that it matters in 4 weeks.

So this is why 3 times out of 4 people will leave this FP as soon as they phase in and see they have gotten HM Blood Hunt. the rest of the time it is under geared/under experienced people that want to honestly try it. But fail miserably. This FP should not be in the normal HM 60 rotation, if we want a challenge, it should be in a separate queue that we can form competent team members to tackle it.

My 2 credits.

It's called hard mode for a reason.

If you want to faceroll content, run story or solo mode.

My 2 credits.

It's boring if all the HM flashpoints are the same difficulty. Having some moderately challenging 4-man content is a good thing.

Now, I wouldn't mind if there were a separate weekly, like they had back in 1.3, to complete HM Blood Hunt and HM Battle of Rishi, and they were in a separate group finder queue. This might even be a good idea to emphasize the difference for newer players.

With the whole slew of HM flashpoints we'll have lumped together in 4.0, it might make sense to separate them into two tiers again. Maybe Kaon, Lost Island, Blood Hunt, Rishi, and Red Reaper as Tier 2.

Edited by cxten

to complete HM Blood Hunt and HM Battle of Rishi, and they were in a separate group finder queue.

I personally dont see anyone ever fail Battle of Rishi (yeah nobody does the bonus boss big whoop, most people dont do the bonus boss for Manaan either) or complain about it. I see more complaints about the first boss of tython than finishing Rishi. (Which is funny since the first boss on tython has exactly 1 mechanic)

Edited by Faardor

My 2 credits.

Nightmare Mode Flashpoints?

Bosses drop MK-2 192s, bonus/final bosses drop 198s?

(Or the equivalent gear tiers at lv65 when KotFE drops)

You're saying that level 60 HM FPs require BiS augmented 198 operation gear with set bonus? So that's what all the gear grinding is for.

Nah, but the type of people that fail this flashpoint (blood hunt first boss specifically) are the ones who will show up with 0% operation achievements and a lack of knowledge about rotations, gearing and statting properly.

Either A: Overgeared (albeit stats poorly distributed)

or B: Sufficiently geared (and no augments for example)

in both cases they don't manage to actually output the DPS necessary any rotation (in case of 'recommended' gear) would give them. (and yes DPS in 178 gear without augments, but with a proper rotation will beat this operation easily, its been done before. Heck someone even posted a duo run of HM blood hunt) And the overgearing doesn't give them the abundant DPS they should be doing/having. (good job)

edit: for claritys sake. didn't feel like using the term undergeared since technically I personally haven't had someone not meet the recommended 178 gear rating. (usually see a mix of 172, 178, 180, 186, 190 with occasional 192s)

Edited by Faardor

I have had people show in a pug ops that did less than 1200 dps wearing 190/192/198 commendation gear.

These players would be hitting enrage in HM Blood Hunt.

I blame the complete lack of anything remotely challenging up until that point. When you can autoattack your way to victory with a super teddy bear at your side, many people have no impetus to learn about those other mysterious buttons are clutter up their task bars.