HK-51 part distribution map

Zarorock

Now, I started the HK-51 quest a week ago, and I am now stuck on Taris, the last part I need is there. And it is really, really, pissing me off. Now, when I started this, I ran into this little pic

http://i.imgur.com/7tx4GLp.png

now, tell me, after how many years that this quest has been out, that there is only ONE map like this! If your by yourself, soloing this quest, you SHOULD be able to find stuff like this for EACH search area as there were HUNDREDS of players looking and documenting the part location YEARS ago, but now all the threads are gone, there are no maps AND NO ONE AROUND TO HELP!

I mean come on! I want to find it the right way, but I found each part, in ONE day, then spent a week on taris and got NOTHING!

If this sounds like a rant, that's because it is. And it makes me angry that I can't find the last part I need.

Edited by Zarorock

I've gone over the area half a dozen times over a full week! No one ever replies when I ask if anyone is available to help, I even switch to the characters I have guilds with and asked and they didn't help. Its the LAST part I need and this is stupid! I found every other part ON THE FIRST DAY!

I did six grid searches, watch a dozen videos of searches on Taris, looked in every nook and cranny and found NOTHING!

And the map did help as it is a probability map and the part showed up in one of the points there.

I can't see the image due to imgur being blocked, but the part locations are not static so making a treasure map with no x marks the spot would be kinda pointless no? So maybe that's why you can't find any maps out there. The way I do this quest is to search in a grid pattern. Start at one corner of the area and move up past the range of the tool after each ping and continue to the other end. Move left/right just past the range of the tool and work your way back down and then back up, etc until you find it. If you can find another person on that quest it goes considerably faster if they work the other side and work towards you. Good luck!

I, have, done, that, SIX TIMES!

I got all the other parts in ONE DAY!

honestly they should just put the part in ONE spot ONLY at this point as NO ONE is looking for them anymore and I am tired of spending six hours looking for ONE part and finding NOTHING!

What's probably more fluky is you got the other parts in one day. It's all RNG.

The same thing goes for me when I'm trying to dig up the Special Treasures with the Seeker Droid on every planet. I have gone everywhere in between getting it on THE VERY FIRST DIG and spending TWO HOURS digging the entire area (and subsequently giving up on the area).

At least with HK you can dig with a group. Maybe no one is getting it right this moment but I still see people calling out in Gen Chat that they are getting close and inviting people to join.

• 1 year later...
Now, I started the HK-51 quest a week ago, and I am now stuck on Taris, the last part I need is there. And it is really, really, pissing me off. Now, when I started this, I ran into this little pic

http://i.imgur.com/7tx4GLp.png

now, tell me, after how many years that this quest has been out, that there is only ONE map like this! If your by yourself, soloing this quest, you SHOULD be able to find stuff like this for EACH search area as there were HUNDREDS of players looking and documenting the part location YEARS ago, but now all the threads are gone, there are no maps AND NO ONE AROUND TO HELP!

I mean come on! I want to find it the right way, but I found each part, in ONE day, then spent a week on taris and got NOTHING!

If this sounds like a rant, that's because it is. And it makes me angry that I can't find the last part I need.

I've found the part in many more places on Hoth than just those pictured. It's random. You CAN find it. Work it in a grid. That's how to find it. Stop ranting and just go do it.

Needing help finding the last 5 parts for the HK-51 droid, my character name is Malren Mikaelson, can someone give me some help?

Look up a website called Dulfy. There is a guide there. Aside from that, we can't help you because you don't give us enough information. There are several servers and two factions to search to just find you to help you with this.

Needing help finding the last 5 parts for the HK-51 droid, my character name is Malren Mikaelson, can someone give me some help?

Unless your characters aren't high enough level to survive in the various places, you don't *need* help. (You need one at least level 50 to even get the missions, and one on the opposite faction that's high enough level to survive in front of the Dark Temple on DK or in the ruins of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.)

Establish a grid pattern. With Sprint *ON*, advance seven foot-fall sounds (turn the audio up so you can hear them, obviously) each time along a straight line and scan each time you stop. At the edge of the areas, turn right or left (alternate!) and advance seven foot-falls to the next line over, turn again and proceed back along the new line.

If you find it, be polite and announce its location in /general chat *immediately* to help other people who might be searching. If someone else makes such an announcement, *immediately* go to where they announced because it will be available *there* to everyone for only one minute, then it will jump to a new hidden location which *might* be in the area you've already searched.

And that's all the help you need.

You need to chill. :)

You were very lucky to find all the rest in only one day.

Different people have had frustrating times with different planets.

If you stated what server you are on, you could probably find many people (including me) who would be willing to help. Due to how long the HK-51 quest thing has been around, it's less likely that you'd find people on Taris doing it. Also, in order to help, a player needs to have the "seismic whatchamacallit" with them, I think.

i spent 4 whole days and nights at the Dark Temple approach, searching for my last HK piece, .. everytime i left the area for an FP, the piece resetted... finally found it... posted it in /lfg, asked who else needed it, since i was about to dig it out and it only stays found a few minutes... had a raidfull of people responding :D

so if you find it... and you surely will..., become the hero of the day, by sharing

Edited by Dimitir

.. everytime i left the area for an FP

Do. Not. Do. That.

Not ever. If you're doing this mission, do it, and it alone, for exactly the reason you highlighted.

Note: it doesn't reset by itself, mostly, but...

If someone else finds it while you're off doing something you shouldn't be doing (see first line), it resets.

If the map becomes completely empty, it (probably) resets (probably) (maybe).

Why are you going off to do some random nonsense while you are supposed to be concentrating on finding the piece (see first line)?

Do. Not. Do. That.

Not ever. If you're doing this mission, do it, and it alone, for exactly the reason you highlighted.

If someone else finds it while you're off doing something you shouldn't be doing (see first line), it resets.

Why are you going off to do some random nonsense while you are supposed to be concentrating on finding the piece (see first line)?

Maybe to take a break. I remember when I did this mission. I would search for a set amount of time and when I got frustrated I would take a break and do something else. Yes it probably takes longer but getting frustrated/angry doesn't help either so if you get to that point I advise doing something else and calming down.

Establish a grid pattern. With Sprint *ON*, advance seven foot-fall sounds (turn the audio up so you can hear them, obviously) each time along a straight line and scan each time you stop. At the edge of the areas, turn right or left (alternate!) and advance seven foot-falls to the next line over, turn again and proceed back along the new line.

Now this is great advice. Much more precise than my method of trying to pinpoint where the green line appeared last time I used the seismic scanner. It might seem like you are overlapping too much, but in my experience of doing this for a dozen characters, it prevented me from ever backtracking.

Also, try to pay attention to Chat as well as the area around you to see if anyone is in the same area looking. Most are willing to group with you for this endeavor.

If you find it, be polite and announce its location in /general chat *immediately* to help other people who might be searching. If someone else makes such an announcement, *immediately* go to where they announced because it will be available *there* to everyone for only one minute, then it will jump to a new hidden location which *might* be in the area you've already searched..

Excellent advice! The only thing different I'd suggest is to begin making general announcements when you first get an alert telling you you are close to allow more time for people to get to your location.

Do. Not. Do. That.

Funny man, LOL.

Maybe to take a break. I remember when I did this mission. I would search for a set amount of time and when I got frustrated I would take a break and do something else. Yes it probably takes longer but getting frustrated/angry doesn't help either so if you get to that point I advise doing something else and calming down.

Yes, you should take breaks whenever frustration sets in. Just be aware that you will probably end up having to go back over the areas you had already been over for the very reason Steve mentions.

Tight grid pattern, polite communication in general chat, no stone unturned level of focus, plus a lot of patience, and you will eventually find every part you are looking for. This is one task where trying to cover more ground in less time will result in spending twice/thrice/four more times longer than you would have.

Best of luck.

Fair point. I should have added, "If you want to take a break, do it between planets," or even, "Do take breaks, but between planets." (I'm not asking anyone to do something I didn't do, by the way. The advice on page 1 about seven footfalls was worked out precisely because I got locked in on finding these parts and wanted to find the most effective consistent measure of progress.)

But signing up for Group Finder while doing this task is a recipe for failing *hard* at it.

Fair point. I should have added, "If you want to take a break, do it between planets," or even, "Do take breaks, but between planets." (I'm not asking anyone to do something I didn't do, by the way. The advice on page 1 about seven footfalls was worked out precisely because I got locked in on finding these parts and wanted to find the most effective consistent measure of progress.)

But signing up for Group Finder while doing this task is a recipe for failing *hard* at it.

I may be amused by the way you make your points, but I totally am on board with your advice. Even though the audio method wouldn't work for me (volume issues, paper walls), I have literally found the part within one meter of my character was standing which was where the last scan's range had ended. After having grouped with other individuals that would dart around sporadically leaving gaps, I do believe your "seven footfalls" is spot on.

Unless your characters aren't high enough level to survive in the various places, you don't *need* help. (You need one at least level 50 to even get the missions, and one on the opposite faction that's high enough level to survive in front of the Dark Temple on DK or in the ruins of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.)

If you find it, be polite and announce its location in /general chat *immediately* to help other people who might be searching. If someone else makes such an announcement, *immediately* go to where they announced because it will be available *there* to everyone for only one minute, then it will jump to a new hidden location which *might* be in the area you've already searched.

And that's all the help you need.

That’s good advice, thanks. I’ve recently started doing quest chain again because I don’t have HK opened on this account and the sad state of pvp has turned me off playing it, (you know there is a pvp skill problem when you get more challenge killing pve mobs than actual players).

Can you get someone to help you who has done it before and already has HK?
Anybody with a scanning device (you keep it even after you have finished the quest) can help. If you carefully follow search patterns then additional people will definitely shorten the search time dramatically, even though it should only take you longer than 15-20 mins if you are very unlucky even when alone.

I, have, done, that, SIX TIMES!

I got all the other parts in ONE DAY!

honestly they should just put the part in ONE spot ONLY at this point as NO ONE is looking for them anymore and I am tired of spending six hours looking for ONE part and finding NOTHING!

As for the map, it is my understanding that the parts are distributed randomly within the area. A map would only be useful if someone cracked the algorithm for determining where a part would be given a certain day, date and time.

The quest is supposed to be hard. The reward is ( was) one of the best in the game outside of gear.

It is also an exercise in patience.

Being methodical and grouping up are some minor shortcuts. You can also use markers like the holo-statues and imp/pub banners to mark the end of the scan range, so your searches don't overlap.

GL. keep trying. It'll come eventually.

Being methodical and grouping up are some minor shortcuts.

Truth!

You can also use markers like the holo-statues and imp/pub banners to mark the end of the scan range...

I never thought of that. Genius, LOL.

...so your searches don't overlap.

On this I disagree with whole heartedly. For a visual example to demonstrate why, take a quarter or other coin and place it on a piece of paper (square grid type if you have it) then draw circles, to represent the scanner, making several rows (4-5) worth.If you don't overlap, then their will be several meters between circles that don't get scanned, but if you begin each new scan at the outer edge of the last circle you will minimize the chances of missing the part's location.

• 1 month later...
I found the one on Taris. Got a positive for my scan - but don't know what to look for? Is there supposed to be a glowy light like with lore objects or what?

You keep digging (close) until you actually get it and loot it. There will be a large beeam like most loot.