Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

Talon_strikes

I've been playing ranked for the last 2 seasons after a long break and it's just completely broken now. It's full of memes, throwers, trolls, mat farmers, conquest farmers, mission completionists, and most importantly, cheaters and exploiters. Well in the most recent roadmap the following was stated:

We’ll be focusing attention on exploiters, cheaters, and adjusting how Ranked Warzones complete. This will be an on-going effort, but like all of you, we want Warzones and Arenas to be fair, competitive, and fun.

Let's break that most important piece about ranked into 2 parts.

First, the cheaters and exploiters.

Are you guys finally going to start resetting ratings, taking away rewards, and banning the most egregious offenders? It's ridiculous that the cheaters and exploiters have really nothing to lose and everything to gain because you guys save the most severe punishments such as perma bans for offenses that affect the in-game economy or currency somehow.

Now there are a couple of players in the ranked community who are abusing a certain exploit to hide their characters from the leaderboards, exploiting them to top 3, and right before the season ends they plan on making those characters suddenly appear so they get the top 3 rewards.

There's also been a huge account-selling ring going on for accounts that exploited for top 3 rewards that's been going on for years and you guys have done nothing to stop it.

It's sad how gold and top 3 rewards feels like it's gated behind exploiters. I look at the leaderboards now and it looks like virtually every top 3 player in solos has backfilled or exploited for it in some way. Some players also backfilled for gold too.

Now for my second point. You guys said you will be "adjusting how Ranked Warzones complete". Does this mean you will be changing the elo system? Changing the way you gain and lose rating is sorely needed because ranked has such a small pool of players after the hype of the new season dies down, and when all of the "good players" are done farming rating for their mains they don't que until next season or, they use throwaway alts because the quality of the queue gets bad beyond belief.

It's so irritating when you're on a 1.6k+ rated toon and you lose 18+ rating for things beyond your control. Like, I almost made it to gold on one of my toons and then one day proceeded to lose about 100 elo in one day due to always getting memes and griefers on my team. I tried to climb again the next day and lost about 50 elo due to the same thing. Only 2 of my toons are at gold, and the rest of my alts are either BARELY bronze or lower due to this BS.

Someone at BW please advise!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much based off that statement. If you read into some of the 'fine print' you'll see they are making somewhat nebulos critera "We will be looking into", "We are going to see what we can...".

Overall, however, I was impressed by the sheer fact that they did bring up so many of the things that PVPers are concerned about and what you guys have been discussing here in the PVP forums. Some of those things, I think they will carry through.

I think they will make some more PVP maps cross faction [some or all] which I personally hate but, a .lot of you guys are in favor of it so that's a plus for those who are pro-crossfaction, [Trixxie and Rafi did a great job putten out the rally cries]. - I think map choices in quece will likely be instituted as well.

As far as Ranked goes. IMO [and just in my opinion], you will never get something so tied to e-pen to not be exploited or cheated in. Even if they did fix the present ones being used, people will always find new ways of getting around things. New hacks will come out, new tactics found, and duplicity isn't always provable. There is no way to tell who might be intentionally throwing a fight if they aren't stupid and make it obvious. That one thing alone will make rating bogus.

People cheat in the Olympics, they cheat in professional sports that are being televised, people cheat at computer games all the time. There are entire websites devoted to specific games that people have made cheats and mods for for download so other people can cheat using the cheats the made. People cheat in fights, they cheat at gambling, they cheat on the women they supposedly said they would remain faithful too [if you love your wife, you will make sure she never finds out. All guys cheat, given the opportunity.] People don't care about fair, they care about being the biggest, baddest TOP 3 virgins with micro-sized real life pen.

As long as there is still virginity and rulers being made people will cheat at competitive aspects of video games. The irony is that they go to all that trouble to get Top 3 and in doing so all they have really gotten is the awareness by everyone else that they are cheaters. It's actually better to be Top 4-10, most of those people earned there places. Every last one of the Top 3 cheated. - Of course people are going to deny that, of course they are going to say "No not him,everyone else, but not him and not me". Of course they are going to say that, they still haven't gotten their cherry popped and they don't even know when they are excited because it's too small to even make a bulge.

It's unfortunate that it has gotten to such a severe state as it is now, a lot of people just want a fair shake at the gold. There is just too much e-pen involved in it and many people don't care how they get the recognition as long as they get it. Ranked is not respected by anyone anymore, which is unfortunate to the true players of it.

It's why I don't even bother doing it, there is no point.

I hope I'm wrong though and they do find some ways to make it a fair and clean fight.

Now for my second point. You guys said you will be "adjusting how Ranked Warzones complete".
I think it's pretty clear that this most likely means changes to how acid works or just a new tiebreaker

It's sad how gold and top 3 rewards feels like it's gated behind exploiters.
top 3 is more complicated (bioware's habit of waiting until the end of the season to deal with exploiters makes the situation seem more hopeless than it is) but the presence of exploiters has fairly little to do with the difficulty of getting tier 1

every toon starting at 1200, bad class balance, and low populations are the primary drivers making tier 1 actually require some effort

also the fact people seem to feel entitled to it doesn't help either

Edited by yellow_

Solo ranked has always been crap shoot and really not worth getting bent out of shape over. From my experience, this playerbase is way to toxic and immature to handle a ranked pvp format. Group ranked, no one will queue once a dominant team emerges. Solo ranked protects people's ego and allows them to blame everyone and everthing else. So people keep playing it, and then post these long rants. If you don't want to make a team of your choosing, practice together, and win together...and want to queue up and try to win with 3 randos everytime, that's what you're going to get. The answer to everyone's ranked woe's (cheaters, exploiters, throwers, griefers, backfillers) has always been group ranked. You just have to toss your ego out and accept some losses.

Man, darth malgus is completely locked down now, usual credit selling and win-trading perpetrator is multiboxing three accounts simultaneously and leaving / playing whatever he finds convinient once he gets a pop. I was unable to play yesterday and my games were threw on purpose so i don't progress in leaderboards.

It is quite ridiculous. One of the top 3 sorcs was banned for a week this season due to movement-related hacks which he'd use during acid phase, being smart about disguising hack use but still got caught. I have the screenshot of the email he received. Now believe that his rating was never reset despite the fact that he was caught hacking in ranked. This is not cool.

Group ranked, no one will queue once a dominant team emerges.
This is only partially true. The dominant group, in most cases, that makes others stop queuing are cheating and bringing along character farmed down to 0 elo in order to circumvent matchmaking and play against 1k groups despite them having 2500+ heroes.

Now there are a couple of players in the ranked community who are abusing a certain exploit to hide their characters from the leaderboards, exploiting them to top 3, and right before the season ends they plan on making those characters suddenly appear so they get the top 3 rewards.

There's also been a huge account-selling ring going on for accounts that exploited for top 3 rewards that's been going on for years and you guys have done nothing to stop

This has to stop and action should be taken actively, not waiting 'til the end of the season when they make everyone else quit due to how hopeless it feels.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Solo ranked has always been crap shoot and really not worth getting bent out of shape over. From my experience, this playerbase is way to toxic and immature to handle a ranked pvp format. Group ranked, no one will queue once a dominant team emerges. Solo ranked protects people's ego and allows them to blame everyone and everthing else. So people keep playing it, and then post these long rants. If you don't want to make a team of your choosing, practice together, and win together...and want to queue up and try to win with 3 randos everytime, that's what you're going to get. The answer to everyone's ranked woe's (cheaters, exploiters, throwers, griefers, backfillers) has always been group ranked. You just have to toss your ego out and accept some losses.

Hey you with the logic, get on out of here. We dont like your type around here.

Yup, solo and group ranked is dominated by a small band of people who always get to top. Then they play so many games that it is hard to go through their history to check for the cheating. What they do is sync que, que dodge and much much more. it is easy for them to gain rating when they que as tanks, heals and so on. They also use bot accounts to leave que or match and many more dirty tricks.

The second issue is the mentioned account selling. That was quite popular, although I dont think its a thing now as the game is not so popular anymore so they cant be making money with this. However, I can say that bans are being made but I have yet to see rating resets for example.

The second issue is the mentioned account selling. That was quite popular, although I dont think its a thing now as the game is not so popular anymore so they cant be making money with this. However, I can say that bans are being made but I have yet to see rating resets for example.

It literally took me 30 seconds to find wintrading services and account selling. Game is fubar and their coming pvp changes will be too little and much too late.

Edited by Lundorff

It literally took me 30 seconds to find wintrading services and account selling. Game is fubar and their coming pvp changes will be too little and much too late.

So you're going to start using that now?

You dont need to wintrade, backfill, or exploit at any level to get gold tier in ranked. Hell thats only 1750-1800. You just need to play enough games with a semi-competent group comp/strategy. Our guild hadnt done group ranked since they killed 8v8s (so what? 5+ years?) and we all got Tier 1 this season on multiple toons.

Almost everything you constantly gripe about in solo ranked is solved by group ranked. The issue is I think a lot of mediocre players prefer solo ranked as it allows them to blame the randoms for their own shortcomings.

If you're being truly honest with yourself, is your rating problems really due to other people cheating, or could it possibly be because you just arent that good?

You dont need to wintrade, backfill, or exploit at any level to get gold tier in ranked. Hell thats only 1750-1800. You just need to play enough games with a semi-competent group comp/strategy. Our guild hadnt done group ranked since they killed 8v8s (so what? 5+ years?) and we all got Tier 1 this season on multiple toons.

Almost everything you constantly gripe about in solo ranked is solved by group ranked. The issue is I think a lot of mediocre players prefer solo ranked as it allows them to blame the randoms for their own shortcomings.

If you're being truly honest with yourself, is your rating problems really due to other people cheating, or could it possibly be because you just arent that good?

Gold is relatively simple in solo if you're good and queue dodge bads/cheaters. Top 3 is a completely different story - gold only requirers some dedication and free time. I rocketed 200-300 points in few days on my jug dps from 1600 ish.

But cheating is rampant in group ranked as well. You can't get gold when there is a team of cheaters circumventing matchmaking 24/7 with char swapping exploit in order to play against lower-rated teams while themselves are 2500s. So no, it's not sorted by team ranked. Team ranked is seeing a lot of abuse on Darth Malgus.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Gold is relatively simple in solo if you're good and queue dodge bads/cheaters. Top 3 is a completely different story - gold only requirers some dedication and free time. I rocketed 200-300 points in few days on my jug dps from 1600 ish.

But cheating is rampant in group ranked as well. You can't get gold when there is a team of cheaters circumventing matchmaking 24/7 with char swapping exploit in order to play against lower-rated teams while themselves are 2500s. So no, it's not sorted by team ranked. Team ranked is seeing a lot of abuse on Darth Malgus.

Char swapping exploit? Do you mean having under-rated alts on your team to get faster pops? Thats not an exploit thats just math.

How does group ranked work? Do you always roll with healer / tank / 2 x dps or is it more random? Is it always the same group? Voice or just chat?

I wonder if you could also do that with a new (1200) strictly dps jugg. I have been stuck at 1400 on Vader forever now, and the problem is that I am often the one pulling in people with poor rating, witch means our team might consist of 1500, 1400, 1200 and 900. That tends to be a problem on a jugg, as I can not really carry anyone as I am often focused first, and my team mates are not capable of exchanging my life for the life of an enemy.

At 1600 you are probably pulling in better team mates I think. Maybe I am wrong (?)

Edited by Lundorff

How does group ranked work? Do you always roll with healer / tank / 2 x dps or is it more random? Is it always the same group? Voice or just chat? (?)

We had a constant rotation of 6-8 guildies (2 heals, 5 dps or so, and me tanking) that our team always comprised of. We'd plug and play based on who was online.

Some teams have the same constant 4, but most are a group of associated players in a few guilds that just make teams out of who is currently available. Discord is a giant help in this. Add people online you enjoy playing with in solo ranked, and ask them about making a team for granked.

We had a constant rotation of 6-8 guildies (2 heals, 5 dps or so, and me tanking) that our team always comprised of. We'd plug and play based on who was online.

Some teams have the same constant 4, but most are a group of associated players in a few guilds that just make teams out of who is currently available. Discord is a giant help in this. Add people online you enjoy playing with in solo ranked, and ask them about making a team for granked.

I am not social enough for this! :p

(Thank you, I am considering granked.)

All my friends left the game a few years ago. Solo Q regs it is for me. I work 2 jobs as it is and making time for the gym in between, i dont have the time to get stressed about ranked, not worth the BS it has turned into.

Ranked is dominated by a minority of players who top the boards every season..

Do they cheat ? I don't know and I don't care but the truth is that mathematically, you will most likely never gonna make it into that elite club.

The odds are always against you and ranked works exactly like a slot machine/gambling.

You que and get 20 elo for let's say 3 wins than you lose 30 elo because you get a thrower,bad team, bad luck or whatever then you get angry and want your 20 elo back and keep queing. If you replace elo with money, it's frankly the same slot machine gambling.

It's designed to mess with your brain and keep you hooked to it.

You could que for ranked to have fun and maybe because you enjoy competition but that doesn't work because you will get yelled, talked down, bullied by the ranked overlords who are addicted to their ego boosting elo's. And they get very angry when they lose elo. It's like their real life job.

Never start and argument with an elo addict in the game because he will smash his shiny gold or silver rating into your face and shut you up. " what do you know, kid ? " What's your rating ? 1200 ? Mine is 2.1k and my rating is proof that I am god and you're trash. " that's how it usually goes.

Enjoy the game, friend. That's why you pay the monthly sub. Don't forget that. If pay 15$ to get frustrated, maybe you should spend your money on something else.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Same pattern with PvE Conquest : A few guilds dominate everything.

It's merely like in RL now.

In RL, a few giant corporations dominate everything as well.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Do they cheat ? I don't know and I don't care but the truth is that mathematically, you will most likely never gonna make it into that elite club.

The odds are always against you and ranked works exactly like a slot machine/gambling.

You que and get 20 elo for let's say 3 wins than you lose 30 elo because you get a thrower,bad team, bad luck or whatever then you get angry and want your 20 elo back and keep queing. If you replace elo with money, it's frankly the same slot machine gambling.

It's designed to mess with your brain and keep you hooked to it.

You could que for ranked to have fun and maybe because you enjoy competition but that doesn't work because you will get yelled, talked down, bullied by the ranked overlords who are addicted to their ego boosting elo's. And they get very angry when they lose elo. It's like their real life job.

Never start and argument with an elo addict in the game because he will smash his shiny gold or silver rating into your face and shut you up. " what do you know, kid ? " What's your rating ? 1200 ? Mine is 2.1k and my rating is proof that I am god and you're trash. " that's how it usually goes.

Enjoy the game, friend. That's why you pay the monthly sub. Don't forget that. If pay 15$ to get frustrated, maybe you should spend your money on something else.

haha this post made my day :D

funny and true at the same time.