Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance Juggernaut/ Vigilance Guardian PVE Guide (Updated to 5.7a)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vengeance Juggernaut/ Vigilance Guardian PVE Guide (Updated to 5.7a)

RiChess
07.12.2018 , 02:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoLekku View Post
Yeah. This x 10. It'd be one thing if Mr. Guide had done the calculus (and i mean that literally - diminishing returns are literally a curve to be plotted) to show that after hitting the 1860 alacrity threshold, the resulting crit was low enough to actually benefit from the crit relic.

And there exist specs who actually do better in the 1400-ish alacrity range (cough IO Merc cough) because of the effect on resource management and rotation precision. But in no case is someone running 1800 crit and getting more out of the crit relic than the two standard power/mastery relics. That math has already been done and there's no point in further debate unless someone has a shiny new equation to show off.

But since warriors don't have a time-based resource regen and aren't channeling, they tend to be poster children for the 1.3sec GCD gear setup...which means that second best is the 1.4 sec GCD setup and the worst place is literally where this gear appears to take us. Alacrity that isn't (a) increasing APM, (b) improving resource availability, or (c) permitting a superior rotation = wasted stat points better spent in crit. 1400 alacrity on a warrior is like a 2nd tank in EV. Both make me a little sad.

TLDR: back your gear choices up with hard math or delete your gear section. Better off leaving it blank than giving out crap advice.
What are your thoughts on low alac high crit for veng? I geared mine before reading any guides (I PvE and PvP so I figured high crit would be a better balance) and ended up with 990 alac and 2100 crit. I know I'm over DR on crit, but my DPS has been satisfactory, usually outparse my guildies in raids with 247ilvl. Would it be worth the credits to dump some crit augs to go for the 1.4s GCD?
70- Sniper 70- Mara
70- Merc 70- Juggy
70- Sin 70- PT
70- Op 70- Sorc

KendraP
07.12.2018 , 03:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RiChess View Post
What are your thoughts on low alac high crit for veng? I geared mine before reading any guides (I PvE and PvP so I figured high crit would be a better balance) and ended up with 990 alac and 2100 crit. I know I'm over DR on crit, but my DPS has been satisfactory, usually outparse my guildies in raids with 247ilvl. Would it be worth the credits to dump some crit augs to go for the 1.4s GCD?
I personally prefer the 1860 alacrity and dump the rest in crit build (assuming you've met the 110% accuracy thing). The shorter GCD means I get more abilities off or something because my damage did increase.

Do note: the 1860 number is only feasible in full 248. Below that you will fall below the threshold.

I'd have to go do some math to talk about crit asymptotes as I dont really know what it is offhand. Now if you wanted to talk about tanks and defense rating offhand lol...

Anyway, I think this guide was written before we knew about the alacrity roundoff, and thus the discrepancy in optimal gearing strategy.

Decidion
07.12.2018 , 09:22 PM | #13
Yeah lately I've been running a high alacrity build (1857+) and then using Devastating Vengeance & Serendipitous Assault relics and using crit adrenals. Works pretty good.