Makeb mob density changes: you screwed it up!

Transairion

The issue with Makeb was not "too many mobs" in general, it was two many gold and silvers crammed into a small space and bristling with cc that made navigation a huge pain.

Your solution apparently was, where I can even see less mobs at all, was to remove the WEAKEST mobs in the area that nobody had any issue with. Because you could speeder right by. Half the gold/silver cc fest mobs are still there.

Heck one mission area that was almost entirely trash mobs has like half it's mobs taken out, and it was one of the easiest to do ALREADY.

Most distressingly, there's a mission called "Tobboro's Best" that has you kill 20 Tobboro Snipers around the Hutt mesa... already took long enough as is, there weren't exactly oodles of them. And what did you do?

You guessed it, you removed a bunch of them in the name of mob density. Making the quest take even longer. I don't think I even need to explain what's wrong with this.

You screwed it up.

(...) You guessed it, you removed a bunch of them in the name of mob density. Making the quest take even longer. I don't think I even need to explain what's wrong with this. (...)

Basic Bioware principle: Just tone down stuff a notch and all will be fine.

That is why we have people like Inquisitor Arzanon and Lord Ceros on the Korriban flashpoint listed as "Strong" and measly apprentices are "Elite".

That makes no sense at all in my book.

Regardless, I doubt most people even care truth be told. By that point, after the Hutt Drill mesa, everyone desperately seems to want to leave Makeb ASAP.

I must admit the first impression of this change feels awkward at best.

For example's sake, let's say you had 3 groups of mobs every 100 meters. When I read the mob density has been reduced, I expected that one or two of these groups were completely removed while the rest was left in full strength. Instead, it seems that you still have 3 groups of mobs every 100 meters, but now each group has less mobs than it had before.

While this makes the individual encounters shorter and easier, it doesn't remove the frustration from being forced into combat every few steps, which I believe is the main reason why players avoid Makeb. The following is just my opinion, but One decent fight once in a while >>> Seemingly neverending chain of small clashes.

Most distressingly, there's a mission called "Tobboro's Best" that has you kill 20 Tobboro Snipers around the Hutt mesa... already took long enough as is, there weren't exactly oodles of them. And what did you do?

You guessed it, you removed a bunch of them in the name of mob density. Making the quest take even longer. I don't think I even need to explain what's wrong with this.

I've been laughing at this for a few minutes now. :D :D :D

So happy I've maxed Makeb reputation months ago and haven't touched that planet since. None of myfour new 55's have ever set foot there and two of them are Imperials. I just can't be bothered with impside story, that's how horrible Makeb is. Every Harry, Dick, and Tom has a pushback. :rolleyes:

it doesn't remove the frustration from being forced into combat every few steps, which I believe is the main reason why players avoid Makeb. The following is just my opinion, but One decent fight once in a while >>> Seemingly neverending chain of small clashes.

I whole heartly agree with this statement... it's one of the reasons I really don't like Makeb. It's a pain in the butt to move around in. It's a constant stop-go.

I whole heartly agree with this statement... it's one of the reasons I really don't like Makeb. It's a pain in the butt to move around in. It's a constant stop-go.

I like the old Makeb for its difficulty. But either way I think I'm burned out on Makeb, such that I prefer the Oricon daily quests.

Basic Bioware principle: Just tone down stuff a notch and all will be fine.

That is why we have people like Inquisitor Arzanon and Lord Ceros on the Korriban flashpoint listed as "Strong" and measly apprentices are "Elite".

I can only hope this is in preparation for HM Tactical FPs with unique rewards and much greater challenge...

The patch notes said the 250% bonus is for exploration if I remember right. I never used those xp boosts (only the general ones) so does that mean it's only a boost for discovering new areas? That would also be lame on top of this mob density thing.