StrongHolds are not Player Housing

AERHAE

Nice try Bio Ware,but you did not make the grade for player housing with this update.This will be the worst MMO update related to player housing ever in any MMO.

When are you guys going to get to work and give us some real mechanics in this game?

Disappointed is a Understatement.When you come from a Star Wars MMO that had so much more then this game and the Star Wars MMO you were playing was shut down for this game to launch ,people have a right to vent.

This goes way beyond the tipping point.Star Wars Galaxies still beats this game hands down and it has been sunset-ted for what 4 years now?

Get back to the drawing board and quit trying to develop content that is all based around a money grab.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly does it not qualify as player housing? Because you can't plop it down in the middle of nowhere like in SWG? Because you can't place furnishment as precisely (which, actually, was a pain in the *** to do in SWG until you got really into it)? This is the case in many MMORPGs which have player housing so I guess by your definition there aren't many games out there that has it at all.

And SWG wasn't "shut down for this game to launch". SOE's Star Wars license expired and they chose not to renew it. Presumably because they figured TOR would indeed take a chunk of the remaining player base but also because SWG wasn't profitable. And it's no wonder it wasn't profitable after how poorly managed the game was.

Who cares about those grumpy SWG vet sorry if 20 min into WoW and I couldn't stand the graphics.

LOL to SWG emu, most people would log in and run off in 5 min.

Let then go play, less grumpy people and hatefull people.

The beter the new players can enjoy the game.

Oh yeah a lot of new or returning players interested it seems, now the game is slowly becoming more accessible and working as intended with lag and other issue slowly being fixed.

Here they just made something a lot of the female players want, a lot of RPER want.

And they still made it possible that no cooperation needed at all!

So go play that forced SWG junk that cooperation is needed! Sorry we live in modern times.

Where people are individual in taste and personality, and the strong hold serves that purpose while keeping it accessible for ALL!

Now go play the conquest and guildship game if you need to play a tyrant control freak.

Housing are fine everybody can do those things at there own speed.

Nice try Bio Ware,but you did not make the grade for player housing with this update.This will be the worst MMO update related to player housing ever in any MMO.

When are you guys going to get to work and give us some real mechanics in this game?

Disappointed is a Understatement.When you come from a Star Wars MMO that had so much more then this game and the Star Wars MMO you were playing was shut down for this game to launch ,people have a right to vent.

This goes way beyond the tipping point.Star Wars Galaxies still beats this game hands down and it has been sunset-ted for what 4 years now?

Get back to the drawing board and quit trying to develop content that is all based around a money grab.

This is player housing, its your own house you can decorate with items. Im sorry this isn't SWG, that game was good in its time, the emu server's are trash and boring and not nowhere populated enough. Did you really just say you needed to vent because a game shut down? Please re-organize your life lol. They didn't shut down swg for this game. The facts you should read up on. Also SWG does not beat this game, that game died with the update. What was the routine for SWG the last 5 years it was out? Login, do open pvp then log out.

SWG beats (well, beat) this game for housing, crafting, pet mutating and everything space related (PvE and PvP). Not much else tbh. SWTOR wipes the floor with SWG on all other game features (ground PvE, ground PvP, flashpoints/raids, graphics and story).

My 2 parsecs :w_cool:

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Sometimes some of these SWG players make me not to want to say I am from SWG.

Have you forgotten all the complaining everyone did on SWG when they added something or they did something some people didn't like. I kind of think the ones complaining in SWG forums are also the same ones complaining now.

Sometimes some of these SWG players make me not to want to say I am from SWG.

Have you forgotten all the complaining everyone did on SWG when they added something or they did something some people didn't like. I kind of think the ones complaining in SWG forums are also the same ones complaining now.

^^this^^

Ewok festival of love anyone?

There's only one thing I wasn't a big fan of with the current housing things (well, okay - two things):

1. If I set a Jedi Knight to be the "owner" of a Stronghold, I kinda wish it would always show his companions when they're set up like furniture, unless the currently logged-in player is also a Jedi Knight, which would use their models. Still, not like I'm losing sleep over it or something.

2. I had an issue with one companion for the Trooper with how I planned on placing my guys. Did a workaround to make it fit, but it was still a pain. Spoiler-marked below:

The battle droid you get as the Trooper needs a medium or a "small narrow" slot to place him. How I originally had my setup planned was having, from left to right, the Jedi Knight, Trooper, Smuggler, and Consular companions set up in order, with my favorite of the companions in front, then the other four behind them and off to the sides (using the 3x3 "small square" layout as mapped to a phone's keypad, they'd be in slots 8, 4, 6, 1, and 3.) I made it work with... I think the layout with 2 "medium" blocks in the middle and two "narrow" ones on either side of it, and then adjusting where they were placed in them accordingly.)

Again, nothing game-breaking, just a mild annoyance due to the size of them and the lack of being able to make a specific layout to fit what we want (somewhat) easily.

On topic, though, these are definitely player housing. More robust than what was in Champions, but not as robust as, say, Wildstar. I think in that one, I actually put an alligator skin "rug" on the ceiling and made a bed ginormously-sized.

(...) Star Wars Galaxies still beats this game hands down and it has been sunset-ted for what 4 years now? (...)

I find this disturbing in a way.

The game was shut down because it clearly did NOT meet expectations, yet you have these... people talking about it like it's the best thing ever since sliced bread.

What SWG did right it did as a representation of the best in the industry.

What SWTOR does right it does as a representation of the best in the industry IMO.

I am a huge SWG fan (still play it) and a pretty solid SWTOR fan since the last dev team left ship. It is silly, IMO, to state that SWG had superior features (IMO it did) and ignore the ways that SWTOR is superior to SWG (again, my opinion).

I would like to list them.

Storylines with conversational choices and cutscenes.

The ability to play a truly evil character.

Best sound I have heard in an MMO to date.

Legacy system and the Cartel Market.....both huge pluses IMO, and an example for the industry to follow.

BEST COMBAT ANIMATIONS HANDS DOWN (though I will concede some were ruined with PVP changes, like overload).

MUCH better graphics.

Now, IMO SWTOR doesn't even come close to the bar set by SWG with respect to housing, space combat, personal starships, pet and droid combat companions and crafting, but that is my personal preference. It also falls short in character customization when it comes to skill choices, again personal preference.

So really, the games both represent the best and worst in the industry, or somewhere in between, depending on what you are looking at IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

Who cares about those grumpy SWG vet sorry if 20 min into WoW and I couldn't stand the graphics.

LOL to SWG emu, most people would log in and run off in 5 min.

Let then go play, less grumpy people and hatefull people.

The beter the new players can enjoy the game.

Oh yeah a lot of new or returning players interested it seems, now the game is slowly becoming more accessible and working as intended with lag and other issue slowly being fixed.

Here they just made something a lot of the female players want, a lot of RPER want.

And they still made it possible that no cooperation needed at all!

So go play that forced SWG junk that cooperation is needed! Sorry we live in modern times.

Where people are individual in taste and personality, and the strong hold serves that purpose while keeping it accessible for ALL!

Now go play the conquest and guildship game if you need to play a tyrant control freak.

Housing are fine everybody can do those things at there own speed.

ok ...

Still crying years later.

It's EA's job to stop making inferior content to a long dead game.

GSF...Strongholds....All done better in swg.

I disagree.

I'm not a fan of player housing, but the last thing I wanted out of it was endless ghettos of abandoned houses cluttering up my planets (like they did in SWG) or people bragging about their silly/stupid/illogical/lore-insulting decorations. Seriously: People complained about not being able to hang beds off the ceiling. That was precisely what I was hoping they wouldn't do. I love that the strongholds don't show up in questing. I'm grateful that they made sure that obnoxious players won't be ruining the atmosphere of planets with their housing.

Is it perfect? Nope. Never will be. Only the naive would ever think it would be. Is it the feature I wanted? Nope. But my ego isn't oversized enough to convince me that Bioware should do what I want. Do I think i was done well? Yup. It fits into the game nicely, it adheres to the existing visual style of the game, it gives crafters something more to do, and it stays out of my face when I'm actually playing.