Remnants

TaitWatson

Is there a Star Forge somewhere at the end of this I wonder? We now know the Revanites have a need for Selkath supersoldiers for some reason!? To end both the Empire and the Republic the will need endless resources ... and a fleet!

The Exchange roaming the the outskirts for artifacts to sell makes sense, but a particular artifact?! Is there a fourth party in all this as well?

Either way I love the 'Forged Alliance', always good writing in the backstorys and variations i style, always a good read.

That Star Forge was destroyed by the end of the first KoTOR.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Star Forge was destroyed by the end of the first KoTOR.

Interesting, I'd forgotten about that line. It sounds like there is still one left - the one that "Xenoforms Planets".

I don't know if it would be a good idea to have another

Revan-based storyline (we'd be 3 for 3 in the games) that ends with a Star Forge

though, it might seem like they're dipping into that same well a few too many times.

But then again, this is Star Wars, the series that gave us the Death Star II... :p

Edited by DarthDymond

Interesting, I'd forgotten about that line. It sounds like there is still one left - the one that "Xenoforms Planets".

I don't know if it would be a good idea to have another

Revan-based storyline (we'd be 3 for 3 in the games) that ends with a Star Forge

though, it might seem like they're dipping into that same well a few too many times.

But then again, this is Star Wars, the series that gave us the Death Star II... :p

The dialogue does imply as much.

Also...

In his diary, inside the complex being guarded by his Ongree servants, Revan chastises himself for his lack of foresight for having used his Star Forge for the construction of a simple fleet... When it was actually capable of far more.

He also ends that same diary entry pondering as to the why of building fleets of ships, when they could "build" entire galaxies(!).

Whether he was referring to the Star Forge that "xenoformed" planets or the Infinite Engine capabilities' is yet another good question. :D

The dialogue does imply as much.

Also...

In his diary, inside the complex being guarded by his Ongree servants, Revan chastises himself for his lack of foresight for having used his Star Forge for the construction of a simple fleet... When it was actually capable of far more.

He also ends that same diary entry pondering as to the why of building fleets of ships, when they could "build" entire galaxies(!).

Whether he was referring to the Star Forge that "xenoformed" planets or the Infinite Engine capabilities' is yet another good question. :D

From the way I understand the mission on Nar Shaddaa,

I would say that Infinite Engine is the basis of the technology that was used in Star Forges. Because it simply was too inefficient, reforming matter few atoms at the time. The "xenomorphing" Star Forge should be a large station

From the way I understand the mission on Nar Shaddaa,

I would say that Infinite Engine is the basis of the technology that was used in Star Forges. Because it simply was too inefficient, reforming matter few atoms at the time. The "xenomorphing" Star Forge should be a large station

I know what the Infinite Engine was. :p

The Ongree servant explains that to the player character, when he says that the Infinite Engine was a small part of the greater machine that fueled the might Revan's war effort.

What I wondered earlier is if Revan was implying that a whole new galaxy(!) could be... "built" from a tiny fragment like the Infinite Engine or if it required yet another Star Forge, like the one that "xenoformed" planets.

Again, questions, questions... :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I know what the Infinite Engine was. :p

The Ongree servant explains that to the player character, when he says that the Infinite Engine was a small part of the greater machine that fueled the might Revan's war effort.

What I wondered earlier is if Revan was implying that a whole new galaxy(!) could be... "built" from a tiny fragment like the Infinite Engine or if it required yet another Star Forge, like the one that "xenoformed" planets.

Again, questions, questions...

I never said you did not know, just my thought on what the Engine actually is.

The Ongree were at best very confused by what it actually was. I would say it was a prototype of the Star Forge technology.

Theoretically, I assume that entire galaxy could be eventually build with the engine, but it would take all materials of the entire galaxy (as it seems to convert matter, not create it).

In my mind, the Star Forges are more fine tuned versions of this technology that allows to do the process more quickly, but limited to a single purpose. For example, a iron bar can be used to kill someone, but it is much more effective at it if a sword is made out of it

Dear People that are writing those stories,

thank you very much! i really enjoy reading them. And little things like that show that you know what you are talking about (crossreferences) and also make me, your customer, believe that you like the game and lore as much as i do.

<3

• 3 weeks later...