3 Load Lifters - Bug for 16man Operations

Okay in 8 man you can take the hit of 2 lifters and LIVE with proper defensives.

In 16 man - no way can one person (Mostly Healers agro) can survive the added damage and extra lifter.

Quartermast Bulo Fight

Is it possible for a tank to taunt 1/2/3 of the lifters effectively saving the life of the initial targeted guy?

If that is possible then we shouldnt say this is a bug. Just added difficulty.

They are kiteable for a long time too so maybe that do the trick too xD

Knocbacks work?

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir

All good ideas.. Diversion someone mentioned as well.

I'm not sure if THREE (3) Load Lifters is supposed to be in the Operation, but one would think they would split off to Separate Targets instead of a single focal point. (okay if common sense was applied to the mechanic I mean)

Right now its almost an instant death for one player every time and RNG can be take out that person if they do live.

Would really like to know if anyone has found a mechanic to properly handle these. IE: Trying to drag them into puddles, crash into carts, etc- doesn't seem to be the mechanic to destroy them.

Edited by dscount

It's a bit RNG but they don't seem to stop and explode at the same time, the times I've survived it involved moving away from the lifters at the point they are triggering so the last two explode out of range (it seemed).

Usual 16m scaling issues.

Double the players so lets double the damage per hit because there's double the hitpoints in the raid and double the healers... :rolleyes:

Edited by Gyronamics

Found that if you just stand still and let them hit you, they do next to no dmg at all. if we tried to run with them and got hit, it killed us. Seemed like the one they target takes almost no dmg, but the aoe they do kill the one standing next to you.

So if you are targeted, stand still, and all other run away from you.

That worked for us this week.

We killed him yesterday after around 5 hours trying it in 16hm (video linked by JDotter)

Some classes have CD to resist to the three load lifters, some just can't. In that case we found a solution, we kill one of the load lifters (when a smuggler is focused or a sage most of the time). They only have 180k and don't make any damages when killed.

This fight is very fun and i like how everything hit harder than in 8m (35-40k on the baril throw, 23k each load lifters without CD, 25k the cleave from the boss, 35k one tick of the blue aoe). Don't call for a nerf when we finally have challenge in 16, just call for FPS ;)

Edited by mayoonaise

I like the challenge of this took me and my team longer than that to and only got him down to 50%

but we never tried to destroy one of the loaders perhaps that can change things up a bit. the player that was tagged with them were kiting them.

I also like not to be Nerf also I love this sort of challenge alot I think that this is bugged perhaps it isn't I dunno it's all new content and their bound to be some mistakes on the way through it.

The only concern that I have with this is that alot of pug groups especially in GF where it is for level 60 players some do not have a guild it is going to be a rough ride through the operation for them and I do see alot of frustration not now but later in the future.

Some couldn't handle the content that was in SM on the new "classic operations" seeing and doing these new ops makes me laugh to see how long it takes them to quit the raid group.

Some classes have CD to resist to the three load lifters, some just can't. In that case we found a solution, we kill one of the load lifters (when a smuggler is focused or a sage most of the time). They only have 180k and don't make any damages when killed.

This fight is very fun and i like how everything hit harder than in 8m (35-40k on the baril throw, 23k each load lifters without CD, 25k the cleave from the boss, 35k one tick of the blue aoe). Don't call for a nerf when we finally have challenge in 16, just call for FPS ;)

Only healer who can take all three is command0. Energy shield +aoe reduction and heavy armor brings the damage down to slightly less than lethal if you're at full health and have like 50k+

I found as a scoundrel with revitalizers and AOE reduction I can take 2 (~21k apiece), so killing one would work. We never tried to kill a single one and that is a pretty great idea.

While I'm okay with it staying as it currently is (especially since we'll be able to survive it with more HP/Armor), the mechanic is the same lazy 16man design we usually see (hurr just add more of it) and could be improved. I'd be in favor of having more pairs of load lifters which can't aggro on same person. Maybe 3, aggro'd on three diff people?

Found that if you just stand still and let them hit you, they do next to no dmg at all. if we tried to run with them and got hit, it killed us. Seemed like the one they target takes almost no dmg, but the aoe they do kill the one standing next to you.

So if you are targeted, stand still, and all other run away from you.

That worked for us this week.

As someone who has been surprised by them spawning under my feet and died, this is not correct. You still take full damage.

Edited by Rocanon

I also like not to be Nerf also I love this sort of challenge alot I think that this is bugged perhaps it isn't I dunno it's all new content and their bound to be some mistakes on the way through it.

But the thing is HM/NiM's are supposed to be the modes which offer this kind of challenge, story modes on the other hand are supposed to be less penalizing where you have room for error so you can learn the basics and see the story without having one mistake= a wipe.

Also in 16 man SM each loader hits for 13-15k (around the same as HM according to dulfy.net) so that's 45k damage with all three loaders, in 8 man each loader is half the damage.

I totally agree - it was LAZY CODING... double damage and adding one more to scale a 16 man.

Feedback has been given on this, lets hope to see they resolve the issue.

THREE of these should AGGRO separate players since no existing mechanic seems to destroy these things.

Was something changed in this ops in one of the patches this week? Or is it stupidly overtuned? I'm having a hard time believing this is the "intended&desired" difficulty of this boss fight by Bioware in a STORY mode, that is suppoused to be doable in below 3-hour time even for PUG groups. Even decent guilds with TS are wiping over and over on this boss, barrel throws are eating up 60%+ of health straight away, Volleys eat up half, etc. Peole can try all they want and will still get 2-shoted but combo of insanely powerful attacks. The damage shown in Dulfy videos (in HARD mode) is less than what we saw on weekend on story mode lol

If the load lifters spawned in a way they naturally spaced out I wouldn't have a problem with them. It's the fact they spawn in a cluster and can't be spaced out.

The taunt and boss immunity are both fine, but taking three hits at once on a class that doesn't have sufficient mitigation to eat three 28k hits at once sucks.

The other thing they should do is add a RED MESSAGE that states who the load lifters are targeting. It would take some of the potential guesswork out of the fight and give healers the chance to prioritize healing for load lifter damage more easily.

The other thing they should do is add a RED MESSAGE that states who the load lifters are targeting. It would take some of the potential guesswork out of the fight and give healers the chance to prioritize healing for load lifter damage more easily.

That would be a nerf, just need to click on the load lifters when they arrive and you have the targeted person. That is actually RL role, even if it makes a huge loose of DPS for him.

Wait to see damages taken by Torque in 16 HM and you ll have the feeling that Bulo is a piece of cake ;)

Was something changed in this ops in one of the patches this week? Or is it stupidly overtuned? I'm having a hard time believing this is the "intended&desired" difficulty of this boss fight by Bioware in a STORY mode, that is suppoused to be doable in below 3-hour time even for PUG groups. Even decent guilds with TS are wiping over and over on this boss, barrel throws are eating up 60%+ of health straight away, Volleys eat up half, etc. Peole can try all they want and will still get 2-shoted but combo of insanely powerful attacks. The damage shown in Dulfy videos (in HARD mode) is less than what we saw on weekend on story mode lol

LOL, the funny thing about this I seen the video on Dulfy and I was like that is not how our raid went at all lmao, but I noticed on Dulfy it was an 8 man group not a 16 man raid it could be that the 16 man raids are bugged.

It totally is. I would think the proper way to tune it for 16 man would be to have two pairs of load lifters spawn and aggro to the third and fourth highest threat non-tank targets.

That being said, this is what we have now so this is what we have to work through. I'll admit the lag doesn't help but I enjoy the challenge. Beating the boss against all (seemingly impossible) odds is what we work for isn't it? Isn't that what we as progression raiders want?

And as for SM, We downed SM 16man first week in the old 55 gear. there's no reason why anyone else can't, especially as time progresses and people get 60 gear.

There has been a great deal of people streaming this tier of content and I have no doubt BW is watching. But, until they come out and say 3 load lifter damage was not intended and they plan to change it, go on the premise that it's intentional. 16 man has suffered tuning issues for a long time and we've always been able to down it. Let's not start using this as an excuse now.

Good job to those who have killed it and good luck to those who are going for kills this week.

Edited by Joran-Koon