The Cartel Market is now on the Public Test Server!

CourtneyWoods

The thing that isn't quiet clear to me is the unlock for epic gear, is that only end game epics, as in from hard mode flashpoints and ops, or is that any purple starting from level 1 all the way to 50?

Also, does this include Purple Armorings, Mods, Enhancements and Augments?

I've been a Subscriber since the Prelaunch event and have enjoyed the game for the most part. Several other of my friends have been playing since then as well, a couple of our buddies are interested in playing and have done the free to level 15 trial. They are looking forward to joining us at level 50 when the full f2p launches but I fear all these nickle and dimming micro transactions may drive them away from the game entirely.

I can understand f2p users having to dish out a little $ to be able to equip end game loot but I think its a bit greedy to require them to pay just to use some random world drop they might pickup off a random mob on Balmorra at level 19 or whatever.

Edited by DarPathious

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I bought with my cartel coins:

Carbonite Chamber - best item on the market - it actually does something. Nice animation, the sale price is fair the full price is not and the cool down is annoying.

Speeder - Its nice if you have a girlie character (pink) and I was surprised that you could get it once you had lvl 10 even though you didn't have a legacy yet as the legacy unlock is part of the price - a must for any new F2P players.

Pet - its ok, just another pet...thought he looked good until I went into a cantina and saw someone with a winged flying one that was obviously part of a lucky bag collection! Theirs was better though Halloween isn't until next week!!

Holo Rancor - liked that I could place it like an AOE move but tired of it really quickly - won't be buying it in game.

I could find nothing else I WANTED....a lot of the stuff was unlocks for F2P and the rest was priced too high.

The packs (lucky bags) are a really bad idea - I won't be gambling on them...I'd rather something was dear and just save up my coins and get what I actually want to get.

The vanity items were so few and far between that none of it will be rare to see - everyone will get the same few items and the initial "special" feeling of having them will wear off in no time.

I thought some of the F2P unlocks were pricey but I guess that is the name of the game - you subscribe or you play the hard/slow way.

Finally I have a concern that everyone including subscibers are going to have to pay with cartel coins to get at Area X or whatever its called in order to obtain HK51 - I may be mistaken but if I am not then I'm not a happy bunny.

Overall, I hate to say I'm very underwelmed by whats on offer so far and I'll be parking this aspect of the game to one side as I continue to subscribe. Please note I am not a hater - I have time cards up to February so I hope new stuff is added.

I'm running into the problem that my cargo hold is no longer active and it is telling me that I have to buy cargo hold access even though i've been playing since January. I have yet to buy anything on the market, as I do not know if I will be using points that I could use in the live game and end up losing them all in the pts.

I'm running into the problem that my cargo hold is no longer active and it is telling me that I have to buy cargo hold access even though i've been playing since January. I have yet to buy anything on the market, as I do not know if I will be using points that I could use in the live game and end up losing them all in the pts.

hmmm.... could you buy aditional cargo halls beyond the 3rd one we have ? Yes, I may have a hoarding problem :D

The Cartel Coins (CC) you have on the PTS are for testing ON the PTS. Bioware have stated that at certain times during testing players will be getting more CC to do further testing.

They have no relation to the actual CC that you will be receiving from being a subscriber at the time that F2P launches.

When the PTS testing ends, any CC you have on your character WILL NOT transition over to your "live" account.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ZeroPlus

The Cartel Coins (CC) you have on the PTS are for testing ON the PTS. Bioware have stated that at certain times during testing players will be getting more CC to do further testing.

They have no relation to the actual CC that you will be receiving from being a subscriber at the time that F2P launches.

When the PTS testing ends, any CC you have on your character WILL NOT transition over to your "live" account.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I was wondering this as well.

Well I noticed the Investigator's Armor Set has a mask under the hood. Can you do this now or is it another false advertisement that they show but won't let us do?

I have a big question that I'm not sure anyone's asked about. With update 1.4 we were supposed to get the ability to play as a Cathar. Was that idea scrapped? I want to play as them and wonder if 1.5 will correct that oversight.

We were never promised Cather in 1.4. Its slated for this year.

I have a big question that I'm not sure anyone's asked about. With update 1.4 we were supposed to get the ability to play as a Cathar. Was that idea scrapped? I want to play as them and wonder if 1.5 will correct that oversight.

I don't remember Cathar been supposed to be in 1.4, if so its been a while since that was true. As far as I know the Cathar are still coming, my bet it that they have been held back for release with F2P. I'm holding out hope that BW surprises us with more that just the Cathar, hoping for the Togruta and Nautolan.

Not on the PTS but from what I've seen posted in screenshots and write-ups (thanks to all who took the time to do so) I'm actually quite pleased with what I'm seeing for Free2Play.

They really are holding true to their promise: they are ONLY providing convenience items in the Cartel Market.

Take a good look:

• No planet mission packs!
    • That means that the GAME is really ALL there for Free: class quests, planet quests, heroics, bonus series, even Flash Points (full rewards only for the 1st 3, but you can keep playing them). Everything is accessible and playable.

[*]Everything else is convenience.

• You want more than 1 quickslot bar? Unlock them or subscribe. (Take a good hard look at your abilities. You only really need one bar for the abilities that you normally use. The other 3 bars are filled with "occassional"/"situational" abilities. Those bars are there for "convenience".)
    • You want to hide your helmet? Unlock the option or subscribe.
    • You want to color match your gear? Unlock the option or subsctribe.
    • Enjoying the PvP and want to play more than just 3 games? Unlock the option or subscribe. (NOTE: LOTRO has been F2P for years and they only recently unlocked PvP for F2P. SWTOR is doing it from day 1.)
    • Etc., etc., etc...

For those who currently subscribe and thought they could unsubscribe and still get everyhting they have now for nothing, think about this: if you unsubscribed and your paid time ran out *today* would you be able to play tomorrow? The answer is "no".

But when F2P goes live you will be able to play. Not only that, but the way this is setup, you will be getting a whole game for nothing. Albeit with restrictions to your "convenience". If those conveniences are important to you either subscribe again or unlock them. Your choice.

I'm really happy with what I've seen so far. They really are delivering on what they promised.

Without having my opinion skewed by reading everyone elses', here are my opinions on the Cartel Shop. These opinions are all about the items since the system worked perfectly for me (known issues aside).

I like most things about the cash shop, including the restrictions for F2P. Every restriction for F2P makes my subscription that much more valuable and I'm all for adding meaning to a subscription. I like the layout and the fact you there are double precautions in place to help prevent accidental purchases. I do think the prices are a bit high (especially considering how few points subscribers are getting for the past year - and the fact I'm still being shorted 300 points I should have.. but that's another story). I don't have specifics because I know the prices will fluctuate and it appears you have plans for sales to be faded in and out. That helps with over pricing.

The main thing I dislike are the packs. The clothing packs are okay, except I did not notice any items from the clothing packs available separately. I did not like any of the full suits available. I did like pieces of several. There is no way I will overpay for a full suit if I am not planning to use all (or most) of the pieces. You should offer all of the pieces in a full suit separately and have the total cost of buying the suits separately be slightly higher than buying the suit in bulk. That way, people who do want the full suit can get it a little cheaper buying the whole thing and those of us who just want a couple of pieces can purchase those without a thousand or more coins.

The other thing I sincerely disliked is the "Gambling" packs. Firstly, many of the items are not available on the store (currently) by themselves. They should be. It's difficult for me to gamble real money in real life. It's difficult for me to spend real money on a pretend, virtual item. Combining the two is about the worst thing you can do, in my opinion. You're only giving subscribers 500 coins a month (and far less than that for previous months), so we'll only be able to afford one gamble pack a month. The thing is, you put ALL the good stuff in the gamble packs. I would be far more willing to purchase the items separately, even if it costs more than a gamble pack, than risk spending five - six times more on the gamble packs and never getting the item I wanted. I understand this is absolutely a cartel coin sink (no doubt about that) and the cost of the packs are relatively cheap for what you can get. However, I will never buy one when real money is involved. I would be far more willing to buy the items I like outright.

Finally, any pretend item I purchase with real money (above and beyond my subscription) needs to be bind to legacy. I did notice how some items are freely tradable after 5 days. That's okay, I suppose, if it includes ALL cartel store bought items. However, I still think all cartel store items should be bind to legacy. You are undermining your ability to make money when subscribers are buying the most wanted items and selling them for in-game credits. I have no data for this.. it's just a feeling. Regardless, the items do need to be tradable (at least between your own characters) or else I won't be buying them.

That's all for now. I'll include more as I think of it. I hope this feedback matters to someone (at BioWare).

Edited by InnerPieces

After reading the posts and looking at the screenshots I like what BW did. Although I do agree with the point of the armor sets being sold as a whole and separately. I'm happy that BW didn't do what another game did and went with level caps on the armor as with armor found via mobs and such. I saw a point made about the legacy system unlocks. I hope that they include the perks such as the speeder speed I, etc as part of the shop. Although I can see why they won't include the races as the shop is made mostly for the F2P players, which are limited to 3 races.

Based on Lotro subscription price, monthly Turbine points gift and pricing model, at this point 500 cartel coins in TOR is worth roundly $5.

Meaning:

By pricing order

• $0.30 _ Minor Valor Boost
  • $0.50 _ Major Valor Boost
  • $0.90 _ Fleet Pass (single use)
  • $0.90 _ Quick Travel (single use)
  • $1.00 _ Customization Control: Display Legacy Name
  • $1.00 _ Customization Control: Display Titles
  • $1.20 _ Major Experience Boost
  • $1.20 _ Minor Experience Boost
  • $1.25 _ Unlock: 10 Galactic Trade Network Sale Slots
  • $1.50 _ CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness
  • $1.50 _ Dark Initiate’s Robe
  • $1.50 _ MA-35 Forward Ops Chestplate
  • $1.50 _ Outrider’s Flight Jacket
  • $1.50 _ Redeemer’s Harness
  • $1.50 _ Saberist’s Body Armor
  • $1.50 _ Street Slicer’s Longcoat
  • $1.50 _ Wayfarer’s Robe
  • $1.75 _ Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition
  • $1.75 _ Unlock: Inventory Module
  • $1.80 _ Black Market Cartel Pack
  • $1.80 _ Rancor Holo-Replica
  • $2.25 _ Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting II
  • $2.25 _ Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting III
  • $2.40 _ Invory Mouse Horranth
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Operations
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • $2.50 _ Unlock: Additional Quickbar
  • $3.25 _ Authorization: Crew Member Appearence
  • $3.25 _ CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate
  • $3.25 _ CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit
  • $3.25 _ Dire Eliminator’s Chestguard
  • $3.25 _ Dire Overlord’s Vestments
  • $3.25 _ Dire Taskmaster’s Robe
  • $3.25 _ Dire Warmaster’s Body Armor
  • $3.25 _ Emergency Responder’s Overcoat
  • $3.25 _ Guard Captain’s Chestplate
  • $3.25 _ Honored Adept’s Shroud
  • $3.25 _ Honored Champion’s Robe
  • $3.25 _ Honored Master’s Vestments
  • $3.25 _ Honored Saberist’s Harness
  • $3.25 _ MA-52 Med-Tech Chestplate
  • $3.25 _ MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate
  • $3.50 _ Customization Control: Hide Head Slot
  • $3.50 _ Customization Control: Unify Colors
  • $3.50 _ Garmorrean Axe
  • $3.50 _ Garmorrean Axe*
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Chiss
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Cyborg
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Mirialan
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Sith Pureblood
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Miraluka
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Rattataki
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Twi’lek
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Zabrak
  • $3.60 _ Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack
  • $4.75 _ Expand your inventory an additional 10 slots.
  • $4.75 _ Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay
  • $4.75 _ Unlock: Cargo Hold Access
  • $4.80 _ 5-Pack: Major Experience Boost
  • $6.00 _ Access Authorization: Section X
  • $6.00 _ Unlock: Guild Bank Access
  • $7.20 _ Longspur Sportster
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Eviscerating Crystal
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Hawkeye Crystal
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Indestructible Crystal
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow War Hero’s Crystal
  • $12.00 _ Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Authorization: Artifact Equipment
  • $12.00 _ CZ-13k Guerrilla Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Destroyer’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ MA-44 Combat Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Noble Commander’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ nvestigator’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Outlaw’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Pathfinder’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ X-3 Techmaster’s Armor Set
  • $14.40 _ Carbonite Chamber

By name for easy search:

1. 5-Pack: Major Experience Boost _ $4.80
  2. Access Authorization: Section X _ $6.00
  3. Advanced Orange-Yellow Eviscerating Crystal _ $9.00
  4. Advanced Orange-Yellow Hawkeye Crystal _ $9.00
  5. Advanced Orange-Yellow Indestructible Crystal _ $9.00
  6. Advanced Orange-Yellow War Hero’s Crystal _ $9.00
  7. Armor set _ $12.00
  8. Authorization: Artifact Equipment _ $12.00
  9. Authorization: Crew Member Appearence _ $3.25
  10. Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition _ $1.75
  11. Black Market Cartel Pack _ $1.80
  12. Carbonite Chamber _ $14.40
  13. Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack _ $3.60
  14. Customization Control: Display Legacy Name _ $1.00
  15. Customization Control: Display Titles _ $1.00
  16. Customization Control: Hide Head Slot _ $3.50
  17. Customization Control: Unify Colors _ $3.50
  18. CZ-13k Guerrilla Armor set _ $12.00
  19. CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate _ $3.25
  20. CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit _ $3.25
  21. CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness _ $1.50
  22. Dark Initiate’s Robe _ $1.50
  23. Destroyer’s Armor set _ $12.00
  24. Dire Eliminator’s Chestguard _ $3.25
  25. Dire Overlord’s Vestments _ $3.25
  26. Dire Taskmaster’s Robe _ $3.25
  27. Dire Warmaster’s Body Armor _ $3.25
  28. Emergency Responder’s Overcoat _ $3.25
  29. Expand your inventory an additional 10 slots. _ $4.75
  30. Fleet Pass (single use) _ $0.90
  31. Garmorrean Axe _ $3.50
  32. Garmorrean Axe* _ $3.50
  33. Guard Captain’s Chestplate _ $3.25
  34. Honored Adept’s Shroud _ $3.25
  35. Honored Champion’s Robe _ $3.25
  36. Honored Master’s Vestments _ $3.25
  37. Honored Saberist’s Harness _ $3.25
  38. Invory Mouse Horranth _ $2.40
  39. Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting II _ $2.25
  40. Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting III _ $2.25
  41. Legacy Unlock: Chiss _ $3.50
  42. Legacy Unlock: Cyborg _ $3.50
  43. Legacy Unlock: Mirialan _ $3.50
  44. Legacy Unlock: Sith Pureblood _ $3.50
  45. Legacy Unlock:Miraluka _ $3.50
  46. Legacy Unlock:Rattataki _ $3.50
  47. Legacy Unlock:Twi’lek _ $3.50
  48. Legacy Unlock:Zabrak _ $3.50
  49. Longspur Sportster _ $7.20
  50. MA-35 Forward Ops Chestplate _ $1.50
  51. MA-44 Combat Armor set _ $12.00
  52. MA-52 Med-Tech Chestplate _ $3.25
  53. MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate _ $3.25
  54. Major Experience Boost _ $1.20
  55. Major Valor Boost _ $0.50
  56. Minor Experience Boost _ $1.20
  57. Minor Valor Boost _ $0.30
  58. Noble Commander’s Armor set _ $12.00
  59. nvestigator’s Armor set _ $12.00
  60. Outlaw’s Armor set _ $12.00
  61. Outrider’s Flight Jacket _ $1.50
  62. Pathfinder’s Armor set _ $12.00
  63. Quick Travel (single use) _ $0.90
  64. Rancor Holo-Replica _ $1.80
  65. Redeemer’s Harness _ $1.50
  66. Saberist’s Body Armor _ $1.50
  67. Street Slicer’s Longcoat _ $1.50
  68. Unlock: 10 Galactic Trade Network Sale Slots _ $1.25
  69. Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay _ $4.75
  70. Unlock: Additional Quickbar _ $2.50
  71. Unlock: Cargo Hold Access _ $4.75
  72. Unlock: Guild Bank Access _ $6.00
  73. Unlock: Inventory Module _ $1.75
  74. Wayfarer’s Robe _ $1.50
  75. Weekly Pass: Flashpoints _ $2.40
  76. Weekly Pass: Operations _ $2.40
  77. Weekly Pass: Space Missions _ $2.40
  78. Weekly Pass: Warzones _ $2.40
  79. X-3 Techmaster’s Armor Set _ $12.00

ie unlocking everything, getting all items and pets and doing for one round the weekly features will cost you $349.35

Based on Lotro subscription price, monthly Turbine points gift and pricing model, at this point 500 cartel coins in TOR is worth roundly $5.

Meaning:

By pricing order

• $0.30 _ Minor Valor Boost
  • $0.50 _ Major Valor Boost
  • $0.90 _ Fleet Pass (single use)
  • $0.90 _ Quick Travel (single use)
  • $1.00 _ Customization Control: Display Legacy Name
  • $1.00 _ Customization Control: Display Titles
  • $1.20 _ Major Experience Boost
  • $1.20 _ Minor Experience Boost
  • $1.25 _ Unlock: 10 Galactic Trade Network Sale Slots
  • $1.50 _ CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness
  • $1.50 _ Dark Initiate’s Robe
  • $1.50 _ MA-35 Forward Ops Chestplate
  • $1.50 _ Outrider’s Flight Jacket
  • $1.50 _ Redeemer’s Harness
  • $1.50 _ Saberist’s Body Armor
  • $1.50 _ Street Slicer’s Longcoat
  • $1.50 _ Wayfarer’s Robe
  • $1.75 _ Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition
  • $1.75 _ Unlock: Inventory Module
  • $1.80 _ Black Market Cartel Pack
  • $1.80 _ Rancor Holo-Replica
  • $2.25 _ Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting II
  • $2.25 _ Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting III
  • $2.40 _ Invory Mouse Horranth
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Operations
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • $2.40 _ Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • $2.50 _ Unlock: Additional Quickbar
  • $3.25 _ Authorization: Crew Member Appearence
  • $3.25 _ CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate
  • $3.25 _ CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit
  • $3.25 _ Dire Eliminator’s Chestguard
  • $3.25 _ Dire Overlord’s Vestments
  • $3.25 _ Dire Taskmaster’s Robe
  • $3.25 _ Dire Warmaster’s Body Armor
  • $3.25 _ Emergency Responder’s Overcoat
  • $3.25 _ Guard Captain’s Chestplate
  • $3.25 _ Honored Adept’s Shroud
  • $3.25 _ Honored Champion’s Robe
  • $3.25 _ Honored Master’s Vestments
  • $3.25 _ Honored Saberist’s Harness
  • $3.25 _ MA-52 Med-Tech Chestplate
  • $3.25 _ MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate
  • $3.50 _ Customization Control: Hide Head Slot
  • $3.50 _ Customization Control: Unify Colors
  • $3.50 _ Garmorrean Axe
  • $3.50 _ Garmorrean Axe*
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Chiss
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Cyborg
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Mirialan
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock: Sith Pureblood
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Miraluka
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Rattataki
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Twi’lek
  • $3.50 _ Legacy Unlock:Zabrak
  • $3.60 _ Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack
  • $4.75 _ Expand your inventory an additional 10 slots.
  • $4.75 _ Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay
  • $4.75 _ Unlock: Cargo Hold Access
  • $4.80 _ 5-Pack: Major Experience Boost
  • $6.00 _ Access Authorization: Section X
  • $6.00 _ Unlock: Guild Bank Access
  • $7.20 _ Longspur Sportster
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Eviscerating Crystal
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Hawkeye Crystal
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow Indestructible Crystal
  • $9.00 _ Advanced Orange-Yellow War Hero’s Crystal
  • $12.00 _ Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Authorization: Artifact Equipment
  • $12.00 _ CZ-13k Guerrilla Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Destroyer’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ MA-44 Combat Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Noble Commander’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ nvestigator’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Outlaw’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ Pathfinder’s Armor set
  • $12.00 _ X-3 Techmaster’s Armor Set
  • $14.40 _ Carbonite Chamber

By name for easy search:

1. 5-Pack: Major Experience Boost _ $4.80
  2. Access Authorization: Section X _ $6.00
  3. Advanced Orange-Yellow Eviscerating Crystal _ $9.00
  4. Advanced Orange-Yellow Hawkeye Crystal _ $9.00
  5. Advanced Orange-Yellow Indestructible Crystal _ $9.00
  6. Advanced Orange-Yellow War Hero’s Crystal _ $9.00
  7. Armor set _ $12.00
  8. Authorization: Artifact Equipment _ $12.00
  9. Authorization: Crew Member Appearence _ $3.25
  10. Authorization: Event Equipment Requisition _ $1.75
  11. Black Market Cartel Pack _ $1.80
  12. Carbonite Chamber _ $14.40
  13. Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack _ $3.60
  14. Customization Control: Display Legacy Name _ $1.00
  15. Customization Control: Display Titles _ $1.00
  16. Customization Control: Hide Head Slot _ $3.50
  17. Customization Control: Unify Colors _ $3.50
  18. CZ-13k Guerrilla Armor set _ $12.00
  19. CZ-18x Avalanche Chestplate _ $3.25
  20. CZ-27k Stealth Ops Suit _ $3.25
  21. CZ-5 Armored Assault Harness _ $1.50
  22. Dark Initiate’s Robe _ $1.50
  23. Destroyer’s Armor set _ $12.00
  24. Dire Eliminator’s Chestguard _ $3.25
  25. Dire Overlord’s Vestments _ $3.25
  26. Dire Taskmaster’s Robe _ $3.25
  27. Dire Warmaster’s Body Armor _ $3.25
  28. Emergency Responder’s Overcoat _ $3.25
  29. Expand your inventory an additional 10 slots. _ $4.75
  30. Fleet Pass (single use) _ $0.90
  31. Garmorrean Axe _ $3.50
  32. Garmorrean Axe* _ $3.50
  33. Guard Captain’s Chestplate _ $3.25
  34. Honored Adept’s Shroud _ $3.25
  35. Honored Champion’s Robe _ $3.25
  36. Honored Master’s Vestments _ $3.25
  37. Honored Saberist’s Harness _ $3.25
  38. Invory Mouse Horranth _ $2.40
  39. Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting II _ $2.25
  40. Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting III _ $2.25
  41. Legacy Unlock: Chiss _ $3.50
  42. Legacy Unlock: Cyborg _ $3.50
  43. Legacy Unlock: Mirialan _ $3.50
  44. Legacy Unlock: Sith Pureblood _ $3.50
  45. Legacy Unlock:Miraluka _ $3.50
  46. Legacy Unlock:Rattataki _ $3.50
  47. Legacy Unlock:Twi’lek _ $3.50
  48. Legacy Unlock:Zabrak _ $3.50
  49. Longspur Sportster _ $7.20
  50. MA-35 Forward Ops Chestplate _ $1.50
  51. MA-44 Combat Armor set _ $12.00
  52. MA-52 Med-Tech Chestplate _ $3.25
  53. MA-53 Overwatch Chestplate _ $3.25
  54. Major Experience Boost _ $1.20
  55. Major Valor Boost _ $0.50
  56. Minor Experience Boost _ $1.20
  57. Minor Valor Boost _ $0.30
  58. Noble Commander’s Armor set _ $12.00
  59. nvestigator’s Armor set _ $12.00
  60. Outlaw’s Armor set _ $12.00
  61. Outrider’s Flight Jacket _ $1.50
  62. Pathfinder’s Armor set _ $12.00
  63. Quick Travel (single use) _ $0.90
  64. Rancor Holo-Replica _ $1.80
  65. Redeemer’s Harness _ $1.50
  66. Saberist’s Body Armor _ $1.50
  67. Street Slicer’s Longcoat _ $1.50
  68. Unlock: 10 Galactic Trade Network Sale Slots _ $1.25
  69. Unlock: Additional Cargo Bay _ $4.75
  70. Unlock: Additional Quickbar _ $2.50
  71. Unlock: Cargo Hold Access _ $4.75
  72. Unlock: Guild Bank Access _ $6.00
  73. Unlock: Inventory Module _ $1.75
  74. Wayfarer’s Robe _ $1.50
  75. Weekly Pass: Flashpoints _ $2.40
  76. Weekly Pass: Operations _ $2.40
  77. Weekly Pass: Space Missions _ $2.40
  78. Weekly Pass: Warzones _ $2.40
  79. X-3 Techmaster’s Armor Set _ $12.00

ie unlocking everything, getting all items and pets and doing for one round the weekly features will cost you $349.35

Very nice thx for this info bud!

Not on the PTS but from what I've seen posted in screenshots and write-ups (thanks to all who took the time to do so) I'm actually quite pleased with what I'm seeing for Free2Play.

They really are holding true to their promise: they are ONLY providing convenience items in the Cartel Market.

I think you missed the detail about not being able to wear purple quality gear. Furthermore, the cap on warzone commendations bars F2P players from acquiring top tier PvP weapons. In effect, TOR becomes a "Pay to Win" game.

Take a good look:

• No planet mission packs!
    • That means that the GAME is really ALL there for Free: class quests, planet quests, heroics, bonus series, even Flash Points (full rewards only for the 1st 3, but you can keep playing them). Everything is accessible and playable.

Do note that Section X will be restricted. Paid access or subs. While not a whole planet in itself, it is still part of the gameworld in exactly the same way as other open world sectors.

[*]Everything else is convenience.

[*]You want more than 1 quickslot bar? Unlock them or subscribe. (Take a good hard look at your abilities. You only really need one bar for the abilities that you normally use. The other 3 bars are filled with "occassional"/"situational" abilities. Those bars are there for "convenience".)

I don't know about your playstyle, but my rotations alone take up half an actionbar. Then comes 2-4 AoE, 3-4 heals for those with access to that, 2-5 CC abilities, 3-8 escapes/ stealth and survival abilities, 3-5 medkits stims and adrenals, 1-3+ relics/grenades and other equipment used on the fly. Then comes the buffs, recuperation and reload abilities. Without convenience abilities like fast travel, speeders and such, I easily fill 3 bars with abilities I need fast access to.

What you call "convenience", I and probably others call a necessity.

[*]You want to hide your helmet? Unlock the option or subscribe.

[*]You want to color match your gear? Unlock the option or subsctribe.

This is VERY subjective. Most MMOs offer the helmet visibility option from the start, be it P2P or F2P, and while not necessary to playing the game in the basic sense, it is often vital to the players identification of him/herself in the character and the immersive aspect of the game.

[*]Enjoying the PvP and want to play more than just 3 games? Unlock the option or subscribe. (NOTE: LOTRO has been F2P for years and they only recently unlocked PvP for F2P. SWTOR is doing it from day 1.)

[*]Etc., etc., etc...

It is doubtful, that F2P players will find it PvP enjoyable getting roflstomped by players in high end gear, without the ability to get equipped well enough to be competitive. A lot of F2P and P-once2P offer the PvP experience without these restrictions.

For those who currently subscribe and thought they could unsubscribe and still get everyhting they have now for nothing, think about this: if you unsubscribed and your paid time ran out *today* would you be able to play tomorrow? The answer is "no".

But when F2P goes live you will be able to play. Not only that, but the way this is setup, you will be getting a whole game for nothing. Albeit with restrictions to your "convenience". If those conveniences are important to you either subscribe again or unlock them. Your choice.

I'm really happy with what I've seen so far. They really are delivering on what they promised.

They promised a F2P model and ended up with a P2W game, whose restrictions on basic gameplay is very detrimental to the playing experience from my point of view. It also stratifies the player base, creating a "paying master race" with unrestricted access to crafting, trading and prosperity. F2P players will not be able to compete with paying players, be it PvE, PvP or economically. Furthermore, there was in AoC, when it went F2P, as well as here judging from the last quote, a tendency to view non-paying players as freeloaders.

The big question is: Why would anyone even bother playing with the F2P model?

I'm very sceptical about the success of the F2P version of TOR in its current form. I myself had no intention of playing without subs anyway, so it won't affect me directly. However, I can't recommend anyone to try the game on grounds of it being F2P, as I wouldn't find it an enjoyable playing experience myself with the restrictions currently in place. The P215 version failed to attract enough players, so this hamstrung F2P(P2W) version will not do much better, let alone make old players come back.

I can recommend checking out the overviews of different facets of the F2P model on dulfy.net. It helps get a more clear picture of what is to come.

I think you missed the detail about not being able to wear purple quality gear. Furthermore, the cap on warzone commendations bars F2P players from acquiring top tier PvP weapons. In effect, TOR becomes a "Pay to Win" game.

Purple gear? If we were talking about Purple gear when the game launched I "might" agree with you because back then Purple gear was not fully moddable. Right now "orange" gear is just as good as "Purple" gear with the same level mods. Besides, if this really is a big deal to the player on the F2P account he can unlock the option or subscribe. Not being able to wear Purple gear doesn't prevent them playing the game. I don't agree with the "Pay to Win" statement.

Do note that Section X will be restricted. Paid access or subs. While not a whole planet in itself, it is still part of the gameworld in exactly the same way as other open world sectors.

Quite right. It is however *new* content that *noone* has access to right now. When it is released subscribers get it for being subscribers, F2P can unlock it or subscribe. Not getting a 7th companion doesn't prevent them from playing the game.

I don't know about your playstyle, but my rotations alone take up half an actionbar. Then comes 2-4 AoE, 3-4 heals for those with access to that, 2-5 CC abilities, 3-8 escapes/ stealth and survival abilities, 3-5 medkits stims and adrenals, 1-3+ relics/grenades and other equipment used on the fly. Then comes the buffs, recuperation and reload abilities. Without convenience abilities like fast travel, speeders and such, I easily fill 3 bars with abilities I need fast access to.

What you call "convenience", I and probably others call a necessity.

Note that you are essentially agreeing with me. Half an actionbar is taken up by your rotation. Those are your "core" abilities that you *need* on the bar. All the others are there "just in case". Personally, I have all 4 bars filled with the abilities that you listed :). However, I will use the "core" abilities constantly but the others once in a blue moon. If I had to I could live without them. More than one bar is not *needed* to function, but it is convenient to have them so I don't need to open my abilities window or inventory to use the spell/item. Again, you get full convenience as a subscriber and if you want an additional bar (or bars) as a F2P you can unlock them or subscribe.

This is VERY subjective. Most MMOs offer the helmet visibility option from the start, be it P2P or F2P, and while not necessary to playing the game in the basic sense, it is often vital to the players identification of him/herself in the character and the immersive aspect of the game.

I agree. It is important for player identification. But... it is still a convenience and not essential to playing the game. We are back to, if it is important to you either unlock the option or subscribe. :)

It is doubtful, that F2P players will find it PvP enjoyable getting roflstomped by players in high end gear, without the ability to get equipped well enough to be competitive. A lot of F2P and P-once2P offer the PvP experience without these restrictions.

You assume that they will only start to PvP at 50 where gear is king. That might not be the case. Also, as far as I can tell, F2P will still be able to get Recruit gear and Battlemaster gear (at a higher cost). If they enjoy the PvP, they can, you guessed it, unlock it or subscribe.

They promised a F2P model and ended up with a P2W game, whose restrictions on basic gameplay is very detrimental to the playing experience from my point of view. It also stratifies the player base, creating a "paying master race" with unrestricted access to crafting, trading and prosperity. F2P players will not be able to compete with paying players, be it PvE, PvP or economically. Furthermore, there was in AoC, when it went F2P, as well as here judging from the last quote, a tendency to view non-paying players as freeloaders.

The big question is: Why would anyone even bother playing with the F2P model?

I'm very sceptical about the success of the F2P version of TOR in its current form. I myself had no intention of playing without subs anyway, so it won't affect me directly. However, I can't recommend anyone to try the game on grounds of it being F2P, as I wouldn't find it an enjoyable playing experience myself with the restrictions currently in place. The P215 version failed to attract enough players, so this hamstrung F2P(P2W) version will not do much better, let alone make old players come back.

I can recommend checking out the overviews of different facets of the F2P model on dulfy.net. It helps get a more clear picture of what is to come.

Again, I can't agree that this is a P2W model. I (note: I said "I" just as you said "from my point of view") don't believe that the restrictions are detrimental to "basic gameplay" or that it is "very" detrimental to the playing experience. You can still play the game, if you want more flexibility (read "convenience") in how you play you can unlock that flexibility or subscribe.

As for stratifing the player base, that already happens now. Those who raid and those who don't. Those who have access to certain crafting recipes and those that don't. Those that have a lot of credits and those that don't. Those who have a guild and those that don't. Etc, etc, etc. If you got that idea from the last thing you quoted from me that was not my intention. As for F2P players competing with paying customers, they can compete. With restrictions on how far they can compete. If competing on an equal footing is important to a F2P player they can unlock the PvE, PvP or economical feature that will allow them to compete (or they can subscribe :)).

I know quite a few people who are very interested in the F2P release and the presented model. Over the last day, I've been sharing the information available with them (including the information on Dulfy.net) and all of them are very interested in the current model.

Like you, I have no intention of going F2P while I'm still playing this game. Unlike you though, I can see that the play experience being offered is good enough to recommend to others so they can play the game and enjoy what it does offer them for free. I disagree that this is a hamstrung F2P: the game is there for you to play; there are certain restrictions in place; those restrictions come down to "conveniences"; if they are important to you, either unlock them or subscribe. It really is that simple.

As for making old players come back. Why wouldn't it? They can come back and try the game out again for free without having to subscribe for a month to do so. If they like what they see they now have a choice: subscribe again to get back everything they had before or unlock the features they want.

I can even see the F2P being used by families to bring cousins/spouses/sons/parents into the game without having to first buy them the game and paying a subscription. Those families will be able to play the game together and enjoy it together. If those that are on F2P decide that they want the conveniences that the subscribing family members have, they can unlock what they want or subscribe.

At the end of the day, *I* really think that Bioware has delivered on their promise. If I wasn't a subscriber and I wanted to play SWTOR, *I* would definetely play this iteration of F2P that they have come up with.

90 coins for a fleet pass? Seriously? And I get 150 a month for subbing? Bah, imo the prices are just stupid.

As a subscriber you can pay 90 coins *or* buy them in-game with 1000 credits (from the security vendor). If you aren't a subscriber it is your choice if you want to pay 90 coins for an instant port or just spend some travel time to get to the fleet.

I believe you will get 500 a month for subscribing. See here:

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/swtor-cartel-market-items/

in the "Subscriber Benefits" section.