How is Jedi Consular Story?

Reeny

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-10 seemed very weak compared to my other class, Imperial Agent. Hopefully it picks up.

Played a Trooper through 15 too though, and it wasn't near as good as Imp Agent either.

The IA storyline has a lot of moral complexity. You can be a servant of the Empire without being a sick headed sadist Sith. I think they had better folks working on Imperial story line.

I feel that the consular story line is more aligned with Sages than Shadows, although I certainly have plenty of chances to sneaky-sneaky-stabby-stabby. I like to play my Shadow with an uncomfortable (for most Jedi) penchant for eliminating as many Imperials as possible.

Having said that, for the most part the story so far (I'm 29 and on Alderaan) has been a good story. I've not progressed this far on any of my other characters.

Without spoilers, what is the overall story about?

For example: my inquisitor story is mainly about gaining darkside power. Much of the time spent is searching the galaxy for holocrons and other sources of power.

how would you sum on consular story without spoilers?

For example: my inquisitor story is mainly about gaining darkside power. Much of the time spent is searching the galaxy for holocrons and other sources of power.

Spoilers:

A plague is affecting Jedi Masters around the galaxy and the Consular is the only one that knows a technique to shield them from it.

Edited by Raltar

Without spoiling too much I'd say: Diplomacy , Hero

well just to sum the jedi knight side, its all about sleeping with kira LOL

There are no big spoilers below, just a generic overview. Enclosed in tags regardless. Each chapter is very different from the one before it. It's like three stories in one. Levels are approximate.

Chapter 1 (1-30)

Hunting a Sith Lord that is attacking Jedi Masters using an ancient plague. You are dealing with the mess each of the masters makes as a result of the plague, saving them from the plague, and finding as much information about the plague and the Lord so you can track him down and end it.

Chapter 2 (31-44)

Acting as a liaison and diplomat to help a fledgling alliance get off the ground and join the Republic. You travel with their diplomats aboard your ship dealing with their problems, and there's some treachery to make it interesting.

Chapter 3 (44-50)

Play your role in some major galactic events and hunt the mysterious Children of the Emperor.

Chapter 1 is redundant and largely uninteresting until the end. Chapter 2 and 3 are good and much closer to what I expected.

I feel mixed about the story. It's fine, but the story gets stuck on repeat from Coruscant until you get off Alderaan. After that the story really takes off though.

The Agent storyline was a lot like this. I think it's a similar theme with all the classes really where they start off rather slowly from Balmorra to Aldeeran.

Now that I've played a bit of Jedi Knight as well, I thought I'd return to this thread to say that I felt the Consular story is better. They both center around stopping someone from wanting to use the Dark Side of the Force to harm the Jedi on Tython, but the Consular story is more believable because the bad guy believes what he's doing is right for his people. The Jedi Knight bad guy is of the typical one-dimensional "you are weak and must die" variety.

I also felt that how the Consular gets a light saber is very well-woven into the story, whereas the Knight's version is like "Here's some spare parts I had laying around, go make a light saber." Seriously, I laughed at the lameness of that.

The final battle you have with your brand-new light saber as a Consular fits well with the overall story and brings a fitting end to that part of it.

The Knight's just-got-my-light-saber battle has absolutely no connection to the story you've been involved in all this time! I won't spoil it but holy crap was I disappointed.

I have only played up to level 10 on my Knight, but for what it's worth, this is my perception of the Knight story vs. the Consular story. This is all only my subjective opinion, of course.

Its fine provided you don't feel pressure being the lynch pin for the republic's success against imperial aggression!

Aren't all the stories except smuggler/BH like this, though?

I have to laugh a little bit at the "while you're here on some unrelated mission would you mind SAVING OUR ENTIRE FREAKING PLANET PLEASE?" kind of thing. :)

The story is very slow on Tython, then slowly starts to pick up after that. By time you get your ship things seem to be moving a a nice pace for the most part and the story is deep rather then just flashy. From a Jedi Knight friend I hear he has lots of bad @ss moments, but the story is very simple. This story is more deep with underlining motives and plots then the standard rawwwwww bad guy type of thing.