Merge/Transfers to Dalborra (Oceanic Servers)

TrueNovaZero

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QFT. One or the other, I'm for either.

I guess I should specify; I'd sign it under the terms I proposed, but not both. Which is what most people here seem to be pushing for. Nothing against you guys, I understand you achieve your goals through either method, which is why both are worth pursuing. But for me, I'd prefer to suffer through a (further) stagnating server and re-evaluate just how bad it is afterwards before I decided to transfer, because it doesn't bother me that much as is.

Edited by ingenuityfails

No matter what bioware does there will always be someone who will have a cry about it. The only option is to offer free server transfers to wherever. I personally would like to transfer back to a us server, I'd much rather high ping then to be stuck with our poor pop or listening to the RPers cry more than they already have.

No matter what bioware does there will always be someone who will have a cry about it. The only option is to offer free server transfers to wherever. I personally would like to transfer back to a us server, I'd much rather high ping then to be stuck with our poor pop or listening to the RPers cry more than they already have.

While an agreement, that's somewhat condescending. Just because their opinion is different from yours doesn't mean it's any less valid, especially since they could say the same about you.

/shrug

For me, the server isn't broken until everyone gives up on it. But if you think it is beyond repair, then why should you be kept stuck here? Hence my on-the-fence opinion. I'm happy for you guys to get what you want, just preferably not at the expense of what I want. Something I liked was this:

I've taken a while to reply/add to this thread because I felt a bit conflicted about this topic and didn't want to put my opinion across until I figured out what I actually wanted, but then I realised that wasn't gonna happen so bear with me while I explain what I mean there. :p

What I REALLY want is for Gav to be a vital, fun environment for all players with lots of pvp, pve and rp for everyone to enjoy whenever they choose to. I really like our community and pretty much everyone I've met on this server have been awesome people to spend my time with and I do worry that if we were merged/ if I'd rolled on Dalborra (as essentially I would if I was a new player following a merge) that I wouldn't get to spend as much time with them/have met them even. I know that Dalborra have heaps of awesome people too, actually most of my IRL friends who play rolled there so I'd even have them to hang out with, but there's something magic about a healthy smaller population when it works together and is close knit that would be missing if I re-rolled there. I'd like us all to work together to create some absolutely kickass RP events that could be enjoyed by guilds and unguilded alike and have fun running around with each other and revitalise the server. So that's my unicorns (so fluffy) and rainbows and kitties dream about what I'd like, now here's what I see the issues with that is:

1. First and foremost is probably the drama, I like a small community when everyone gets along but when it gets too small and there's a major argument between a few of the 'big fish' it can get toxic very quick. Unfortunately recently I've felt like it's pretty close to this and yeah I have considered rerolling or unsubbing because I hate it. We're all adults (shhh, I occasionally do a damn good impression ;) ) and I'm pretty sure we can all understand that everyone has a right to their own opinion and can respect that right even if we believe they're wrong. I think everyone needs to take a step back and let the hyperbole settle down as it destroys what makes the Gav such an awesome place to be.

2. PVP - I think the problem with PvP is a bit of a multi-faceted one. I stopped playing PvP because people were starting to get vocally cranky and frustrated and it was becoming not fun anymore, I'm certainly NOT the best PvP player but I always enjoyed getting in there and giving it my best and learning more about how to use my class effectively (who knew I had guardian leap? Thanks Bandit. XD). I really liked our recruit pvp gear ranked idea (thanks Huan) because it gave me a chance to actually play around and figure stuff out without being steamrolled quite so quickly AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! everyone looked silly in recruit and had bugger all hp but that was seriously the best night of pvp I've had in a long time. I know a few of the more experienced players found that a bit like handicapping themselves and tbh I'm sick of hearing complaints so I'd rather not play than listen to it. Hearing comments in general or chats about how lame it/people who like it/are still learning their class etc. are is not helpful and will kill PvP faster, noone likes hearing it and it will put people off queueing for it. So if you want more pvp pops shut up and just enjoy what you can of it, let people learn/ help people learn to be better if you feel like they're bad players, most people are more than willing to learn and appreciate the non abusive assistance. So saying, I can understand why the more experienced players are feeling frustrated, I know it's not as challenging at the moment given the absence of some of the impy ones and there is definitely an element of surprise missing when you're constantly playing against the same people. It doesn't up your skill level and can lead to stagnation. There needs to be a solution that encompasses something to help our better players feel stretched and challenged again while allowing people to learn.

3. Group finder. Group finder in its current incarnation doesn't work. People can wait for hours to get a pop without any luck, it's very frustrating for all involved. I think there's a couple of reasons for this though, the way group finder currently works it's not viable. There needs to be some sort of gear check involved and perhaps more separation of the tier one flashpoints, the number of guildies I've had who've complained about getting a hit and then being unable to complete the flashpoint because the tank/healer/dps is undergeared, it means I don't want to queue, even though I'd otherwise be more than willing to help. As the system stands you could get a pop on lost island for a tank/healer in recruit pvp gear because there is no information in game for people to know what level gear is required. As a fairly well geared tank I'd be happy to do a taral V or Maelstrom with a new/undergeared heals/dps but Kaon/False Emperor? no thanks, I play this game for fun not to beat my head against a wall. With more separation of the tiers and information about gear requirements for the different tiers I think group finder would be a less frustrating experience and more people would queue.

4. End Game Content. I remember how confusing it was when I hit level 50 and suddenly had a gazillion missions that I could do but had no idea what they were/how to do them. If I hadn't had guildies who knew more about it and the help of some good friends/allies I'd probly still just be playing PvP and endlessly rearranging the guildbank to fit my sense of order or I'd have unsubbed and missed out on some absolutely awesome fun. Maybe some separation/tiering of missions would be good here? like when you first hit 50 you get the missions about flashpoints/aratech ice, once you've done all those, you get the missions to do sm ops/aratech fire, then hm ops etc. I don't know the solution there but I think there has to be one that makes it less overwhelming to suddenly have 15-20 missions that you don't know what to do with. That's what I see is wrong with end game content for me.

I can understand the more experienced players frustrations though, they've done all this stuff and to be sitting around waiting for new content/ repeating the old endlessly leads to boredom which leads to unsubs which leads to problems filling raid groups with similar level players. Whether this is a problem that can only be solved with a merge or could be fixed with cross server queueing or simply more cooperation/working together on the server I don't know.

So ultimately, what do I see as a viable solution? My first reponse is that I didn't want a merge and that cross server queueing for pvp and group finder would fix the majority of the problems. Problem is, that will only be a solution if the drama settles down. The way I see it if the drama continues, this server will be not a fun place to be and I won't want to be here. I happen to like all the people involved and don't want to see any of them leave (including myself!). I mentioned before that I love the closeness and connection a smaller population can provide but if a small knit community gets toxic the only solution is a merge to a larger population because what magnifies the awesome aspects of a smaller community also magnifies the negatives. So maybe let it go? ultimately you can't make someone agree with you and the grrrr involved just makes people upset. It is possible to dislike someone and still interact without armed camps of opinion.

Whether you agree or disagree with me on this, this is something that I'd like everyone who reads this thread to think about because it's something we can all do to make the server better. So please let it go? I don't want to merge but I can't see a really viable solution if we can't get along. I don't really like the transfer option because anything that lessens the diversity of the server I believe makes it more monochromatic and less vibrant but I guess if that's the only option I'd consider taking it (certainly if half my friends left it'd have a big impact on that decision) but ultimately it'd have to be a guild decision not just mine. Maybe the drama has less impact on other players, I don't know, I just know it affects me, I don't like hearing negatives about any of the people I like or other guilds so I want it to stop.

So that's my two cents worth.. ok 10 cents but I'll pay you later...<.<.... >.>

Julls.

Jullusess, Guildmistress of Council of Reconciliation... and yep, a total noob. XD

Edited by ingenuityfails

I guess I should specify; I'd sign it under the terms I proposed, but not both. Which is what most people here seem to be pushing for. Nothing against you guys, I understand you achieve your goals through either method, which is why both are worth pursuing. But for me, I'd prefer to suffer through a (further) stagnating server and re-evaluate just how bad it is afterwards before I decided to transfer, because it doesn't bother me that much as is.

I respect your opinion, and your ability to stay critical. I simply stated afterward what I personally would be for.

/signed

I sent in a ticket last night to insight my overall opinon of how im feeling with this game right now. Server merges need to happen if this game were to survive in the apac region. Hey If i was given a 'CHOICE' to go back to a west coast server sure i would take it.

They sent back a reply to me which was ......"add it to the suggestion box".

Even if you have free transfers to the other Oceanic servers, you're still going to have the same issue of low population. Most of the people will flood to one of the servers and the people left on the other two would have an even worse swtor experience. IMO a merge of the 3 Oceanic servers would be perfect, or even cross-server PvP and Group Finder queues would be sufficient.

Ok this is completely off topic now and ruining this thread, Ailie if your not for this transfer/cluster thing then dont post in here....all we want is a way out cause our server is DEAD doesnt matter that you can sit around a cantina with your 5 friends /emoting eachother, the other 90% of the population want a variety to play against rather than the 20 pvpers max we have or the 2-3 guilds that do ops.

In the end if they give us a transfer this server will be closed, it will happen we just want it to hurry up

No I will post here so that it's clear that not everybody wants to be merged. You're asking for a solution that effects more than just you, so those who will be effected have the right to speak their opinions, especially since a lot of people here are making this out to be more of an issue than it is.

No I will post here so that it's clear that not everybody wants to be merged. You're asking for a solution that effects more than just you, so those who will be effected have the right to speak their opinions, especially since a lot of people here are making this out to be more of an issue than it is.

- 100% for free server transfers.

- 100% against a server merge.

So no, not signing this. Especially since 90% of the posts suggesting alternate solutions keep getting deleted, making this look extremely one-sided.

Mydian, Gav Daragon.

Mydian's pointed it out just fine. The difference is, the way you communicate your point begs people to report your post. I'm not surprised if it gets deleted. Mydian's the only one that's stayed critical. He's made it clear, crystal clear whereas all you've managed to do is agitate others. So now I'll be clear. We get it. Move on.

And so you're happy/less miserable, even I'LL help point it out. The "RPers" (that is to say, not all of them) want to stay right where they are. They'd like free transfers but not necessarily merge.

Edited by TrueNovaZero
Emphasis

You've made your opinion clear and thank you for that, however, the fact that you think it not much of an issue means you may be more happy on a server by yourself... your wish will be granted not too far from now if this issue is not addressed very soon

Edited by cuttothechase