How to fix social points a sensible way (aka I am a Black Talon abuser)

kristoffbrujah

I'm a casual MMOer. Got a mid 40's sorc, mid 30's BH and a 12 Operative. I started farming Black Talon for the social points because I couldn't get enough through normal play. I do the daily flashpoints and have an IRL friend that plays with me. We don't do every quest together but always play together when we're both free.

I've been playing since day 1 of release. 3 toons and not enough social points between their 90+ levels for social level 2.

Was this intended? Because it's creating a situation where people are farming low level flashpoints for social points. Most flashpoints like Cademimu or Red Reaper have virtually no conversations therefore virtually no social points.

I think you should get social points for heroics and flashpoints automatically. Obviously you were social, you teamed up for an hour. You were social, yet the social point reflection is negligible. I'd say that's more social than a level 50 running through Black Talon 15 times pulling 3 other level 10's with him just to farm their social points.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

I'm a casual MMOer. Got a mid 40's sorc, mid 30's BH and a 12 Operative. Before I started farming Black Talon for the social points. I do the daily flashpoints and have an IRL friend that plays with me. We don't do every quest together but always play together when we're both free.

I've been playing since day 1 of release. 3 toons and not enough social points between their 90+ levels for social level 2.

Was this intended? Because it's creating a situation where people are farming low level flashpoints for social points. Most flashpoints like Cademimu or Red Reaper have virtually no conversations therefore virtually no social points.

I think you should get social points for heroics and flashpoints automatically. Obviously you were social, you teamed up for an hour. You were social, yet the social point reflection is negligible. I'd say that's more social than a level 50 running through Black Talon 15 times pulling 3 other level 10's with him just to farm their social points.

If you group while questing/leveling it come pretty easy.

I've had people tell me they don't want to go into my class quests because 1) they get nothing as they can't get the quest and 2) they rolled a BH and don't want to spoil his story line.

Class quests have by far the most convos.

I'm a casual MMOer. Got a mid 40's sorc, mid 30's BH and a 12 Operative. Before I started farming Black Talon for the social points. I do the daily flashpoints and have an IRL friend that plays with me. We don't do every quest together but always play together when we're both free.

I have done every single quest with another person and at level 40 I am still social 3. Haven't abused a flashpoint yet but I'm going to have to because I figure I'll be social level 4 at 50, and there are still many more social levels to go.

Unfortunately there are very few social rewards and the few that are there are only light armor, so unless they add a little more oomph to the social rewards (as in more options and different armor for light medium and heavy armor wearers) then I don't see myself wasting time worrying about it.

I've had people tell me they don't want to go into my class quests because 1) they get nothing as they can't get the quest and 2) they rolled a BH and don't want to spoil his story line.

You do get socials for class quests, AFAIK, but you for all of the planet/side quests (at least ones where you make conversation decisions).

My Inquisitor only started Duoing with a friend from level 18, they are now level 25 and they are almost social II. Do you get far less points with more people in the group? With 2 people you get 2 social points for a loss and 4 for a win.

EDIT: Actually, it's almost social III, not II.

Edited by Palathas

My Inquisitor only started Duoing with a friend from level 18, they are now level 25 and they are almost social II. Do you get far less points with more people in the group? With 2 people you get 2 social points for a loss and 4 for a win.

With a more people it would be more social points per conversation.

it would be easy to lvl the social points if finding groups was easier than it is now. I mean honestly, i couldn't find a single group for anything when i was questing, excluding group quests that is.

I honestly think companions make it so you do not need to group up for stuff at all, even in WoW people would group up to do quests a single person could do as well. I honestly think something has to be done to make grouping up easier. A zone LFG where it will just group you up would be a nice first step.

Isn't there only 5 social levels? Or am I misunderstood?

I was wondering why it jumped from needing 10 to get to rank 1, to needing like 100 to get social 2. I saw that and was like :eek: I'll hit social rank 2 by the time I hit 50.

You need 750 points to get to social lvl 2. Thats like 5 runs of Black Talon, in a 4 man group.

Only awarding Social Points for participating in multiplayer dialogue is much too limited in my opinion. To add insult to injury, you forfeit any points if you disband the group before turning in the missions and accepting the rewards. How about getting a few points every time you complete a mission objective while grouped? Getting points for defeating enemies, even if it's only a single point for a normal mob? Or, like the OP suggested, getting X Social Points as part of the rewards for completing a Flashpoint?

There's nothing you need from Social vendors past social I besides mounts and miscellaneous items, so there's no "need" to grind them, so it isn't "broken" that it takes a long time to get them.

It is a vanity thing with me, As a Sage/sorcerer I wan the Modable Orange Sets -- I hate wearing dresses.

Social points are hard to come by I will be running BT/Essles as much as i can -- I am even giving free runs to lowbies for the points. On my BH I can also farm out 300+ rep with Mako per run if i get to bring her.

Edit, I think boss kills and WF MVP votes should give social points...

Edited by Racheakt

It is a vanity thing with me, As a Sage/sorcerer I wan the Modable Orange Sets -- I hate wearing dresses.

Social points are hard to come by I will be running BT/Essles as much as i can -- I am even giving free runs to lowbies for the points. On my BH I can also farm out 300+ rep with Mako per run if i get to bring her.

Edit, I think boss kills and WF MVP votes should give social points...

That's not a bad idea.

If you have a fixed group it does.

If you are genuinely "social" it doesn't.

At the moment they are not "social points" they are in fact "anti-social fixed group points". :(

Depends on how you play. Before my partner in crime lost interest we levelled together and you get tonnes of social points. If you skip most of the planet quests and only do your class quests then yes it's going to impact how many social points you earn.

I found it easy to gain social levels when levelling with someone but once hubby lost interest and I had to go it alone I've not really earnt many more points. I've just resigned myself to not having any social gear/bits and bobs.