People that are color blind..............

AERHAE

the really bad customer service they're just not designed in a game based around the minority of the group. They're playing with 1.7 million people the amount of people that are playing the colorblind is I would imagine less than one half of 1%.

Actually, it is far more than 1%. The most common form of colour-blindness is red/green colour-blindness. I am red/green colourblind (deficient I suppose) myself, and I also have issues telling the difference between blue and a purple item as well as green/yellow quest indicators. However, I do get by fine (my colourblindness is not too severe).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Epidemiology

If you take a look, you'll see 7-10% of the entire male population has some form of red/green colourblindness. This is far, far greater than the 0.5% you pulled out of your ***.

At the very least, Bioware could avoid using colour combinations that are notoriously difficult for some people to tell apart.

I am surprised there's no option for the colour blind.

One of the first lessons I had about web design and programming was to make sure you include colour blind option in your creations.

A rookie mistake there.

Lots and lots of rookie mistakes in TOR at this time. This is one of the more unfortunately distressing ones that, on top of so much else, all but confirms me in my belief that TOR was largely designed in a vaccuum with a copy of vanilla WoW and the ad-hoc recollections of some folks that trialed WoW in Burning Crusade as the concept templates.

Accessibility isn't a feature in this day and age. It's near unthinkably rude if you don't have it, and ...frankly, even if a customizable UI -is- a feature that needed more time for development, a hue tint slider governing colors on a decent array of things isn't technological wizardry.

Someone didn't do their homework at all, and it shows.

The same goes for crafting items. I cannot tell what the difficulty is other than grey/not grey. An annoyance but not game breaking. Item color, thankfully orange pops out for me so I can tell that one. Yellow and green or blue and purple are bad for me. I have to look at each items stats to figure everything out. Again, not game breaking, just annoying.

If I remember correctly you can go and slide into a number rating for difficulty in the crafting window. (it is on the top) Though I believe you would have to do it everytime...it doesn't solve your problem much but at least it is a workaround.

I have amazing colour detection / reconition but I even have problems seeing the little man on the map some times. Its just a bad colour combination if they had a bit more colour diffrence in them it would be a hell of a lot better but blue and purple like to mix together you need something that says "FUUUUUUU!"