Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't have to wait 2-3 more weeks for more servers to open up, there should have been way more servers allowed to transfer out in the first batch. From what I hear some of these server only had like 20 people on them, so the number of people actually transferring isn't as high as it should be for the first batch.

Yes, but think for a moment: What if you make 50 movements between servers...

There arent many standard - high pop servers, what if many light servers go to a standard server and it becomes totally full and big queues appear? People will be complaining about queues, and maybe the worst, what happens if some of your friends cant transfer to the same server because in some hours it has become full and must be locked?

Or what if maybe 5 light servers go to another light server but really low people transfer there and the server continues being low? Another migration from that server to another?

That kind of things can mean lots of problems. For me has some logic that they begin with a low amount of servers transfers, to see if all goes ok, and how many people is moving, and add more servers in the nexts days.

Maybe im wrong, and maybe at the end they will make a great mess and do a totally bad job with the transfers. But for now, i think that is to soon to have a heart attack

Edited by Shaligal

If I understand correctly the list is of the servers that you can transfer to.

I hope I'm right cause if we are talking about servers you can transfer from the failure is so big there's not even a reason to comment more.

And BTW.

If they were serious and really wanted to boost population they would just merge servers and servers would be full in a couple of days.But no.

They had to "innovate" once more.

So now what we got is not exactly free..it is rather ,controlled server transfers in the way a server merge is but it is not as fast,effective and simple as a server merge.

Keep on innovating...

Edited by Enkenon

good job BW (no sarcasm).

I didn't expect you guys to allow xfer to the current high pop servers, and I thought that would have been a bad choice. It's good to see people being moved to the current high pop servers.

YES! I was blown away that they were adding to The Fatman this early on. I'm excited, I just really hope my server (Sith Wyrm) absorbs others, as we already have a nice community just lack enough players for random pugs.

I think people would have more patience if EA/Bioware hadn't done such a (swear word) job of many other aspects of the game. The servers transfers would have been much better off taking another month but instead of transfers actually merging the 120 servers down to around 20 or so high population ones.

BioWare is doing transfers right. By staggering the transfers in stages, it prevents laggy, unplayable servers that piss everyone off, both existing and transferring players alike.

Well done BioWare, you have launched the new transfer service in a manner that benefits players the most. It will be interesting to see which servers are topped off, which ones are emptied out, and which ones become new hubs of activity.

This is a very touchy topic.

Overall i really do hope you guys update this list daily. As upsetting as it maybe, i can see you not updating it today as you may want a full days analysis, but past that guys, you have to do better then this. Your communication about a gradual process should have been better then this.

I understand that they have to put only a select few servers up first, but if all of those listed are less populated than senator contispex, SWTOR won't last a year. We haven't had pvp in a month and average Imperial/Republic online is 10-20. You had better get the transfers sorted quick Bioware, or you'll lose more people to the frustration of waiting for their server to become available than you did to the initial **** up in estimating server loads. Your game is good, solid and different but your business plan (for which I imagine EA is largely responsible) is beyond terrible.

Well all I can say is.. amazing. I understand you need to test this new system and work out the bugs but really only 4 servers is the US get transfers. I currently play on Shadowtown with 3 50s and a 43. Peak times at fleet are 20-25 and pvp ONLY takes place at peck times with 30-hour ques. See from about 10 pm- 8 am I CANT PVP EVEN IF I WANTED TOO. So in closing if you want this game to continue I recommend you update the server transfer list DAILY. See im not asking for a insane pop server. But maybe just maybe with a new server I might be able to play ALL your game.

BioWare is doing transfers right. By staggering the transfers in stages, it prevents laggy, unplayable servers that piss everyone off, both existing and transferring players alike.

Well done BioWare, you have launched the new transfer service in a manner that benefits players the most. It will be interesting to see which servers are topped off, which ones are emptied out, and which ones become new hubs of activity.

^ This

ps

love your disclaimer

;)

I get that they are looking to minimize issues with this process, but at least give those of us on dead servers hope by AT LEAST listing the servers that will be origin servers. They have to know which servers they will be using coming up, but the issue seems they don't know where to put those players yet. SO GIVE THOSE OF US ON DEAD SERVERS SOME HOPE

I never wanted a transfer > but a character 'copy'. At this moment I would never transfer my character or copy till I scan how others experiences are going and main 'bugs' are worked out. Not leaving my server until copy is available or until I can't go further with any fun. Edited by RikeMeklaw

This is pointless I have toons on a dead server I would like to move to a full server... THIS GAME IS NO FUN IF YOU HAVE NO PEOPLE ON IT... ***! any founding member should be able to move his toon where ever he or she wants..

Really? How does Rubat not qualify? SIX HOUR LONG PVP QUES and we don't qualify for character transfers? and here I was actually thinking I'd get to play on a server with some population this weekend.

You have to wait till they add more servers to the list through out the day and tomorrow. It's a long process.