Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why are Sentinels lagging so far behind in DPS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Why are Sentinels lagging so far behind in DPS?

vanluina's Avatar


vanluina
11.02.2019 , 09:26 PM | #1
For being a purely DPS class, our DPS is crap right now compared to the other specs.

Csjbo's Avatar


Csjbo
11.05.2019 , 10:24 AM | #2
The meta in 6.0 revolves around tacticals, set bonuses and amplifiers and how well they synergize with a particular spec of class. For example, deception sins have the Death Knell set bonus which is totally bonkers, gives them autocrits on maul and boosts their damage substantially for half a minute.

It's early, but looking at sentinels so far, their best tacticals and set bonuses are on the defensive side, the force camo refresh after transcendence, and the jedi knight tactical of diversion after awe. Great for survivability, not so much for DPS. Descent of the Fearless, I've been told is the best set bonus for DPS, but it pales in comparison to Death Knell.

One thing I will say though, and I do think that it's important is that a big reason why deception sins are so strong right now and why so many players are re-rolling that spec right now.....is because they are one of the few classes that have a detailed guide (thanks to Kre'a) on how to play and gear them. So, if you want to play deception sin, you'll quickly find out how to get the most out of that class.

As of now, sentinels/marauders do not have such a guide, so many players are gearing and min-maxing blind, which will make the class seem underpowered compared to other, more "filled-in" classes.
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane

mrphstar's Avatar


mrphstar
11.05.2019 , 05:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Csjbo View Post
Descent of the Fearless, I've been told is the best set bonus for DPS, but it pales in comparison to Death Knell.
DotF Set gives Anni and Fury a 10% Damage Buff with 100% Uptime, because their (new) DoTs procc the Furious Rage stacks faster than the Buff runs out. Doesnt sound weaker than Death Knell to me.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
11.07.2019 , 05:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Csjbo View Post
The meta in 6.0 revolves around tacticals, set bonuses and amplifiers and how well they synergize with a particular spec of class. For example, deception sins have the Death Knell set bonus which is totally bonkers, gives them autocrits on maul and boosts their damage substantially for half a minute.

It's early, but looking at sentinels so far, their best tacticals and set bonuses are on the defensive side, the force camo refresh after transcendence, and the jedi knight tactical of diversion after awe. Great for survivability, not so much for DPS. Descent of the Fearless, I've been told is the best set bonus for DPS, but it pales in comparison to Death Knell.

One thing I will say though, and I do think that it's important is that a big reason why deception sins are so strong right now and why so many players are re-rolling that spec right now.....is because they are one of the few classes that have a detailed guide (thanks to Kre'a) on how to play and gear them. So, if you want to play deception sin, you'll quickly find out how to get the most out of that class.

As of now, sentinels/marauders do not have such a guide, so many players are gearing and min-maxing blind, which will make the class seem underpowered compared to other, more "filled-in" classes.
The reason why people reroll sin is because it has crazy burst damage.. That's it.

As for marauders, my personal experience so far is that they are kinda meh, pretty much the same as they were before.

The tacticals are totally useless if you ask me with the exception of the one which resets vanish with predation. None of the other tacticals seem to be useful in PVP.

I am playing mara since late 4.0 and my opinion might change with time as I haven't got the time to properly test them in PVP(arenas) . You might be right about the guide though. At the moment I am using amps blind...
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

vfreelancerv's Avatar


vfreelancerv
11.19.2019 , 04:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The reason why people reroll sin is because it has crazy burst damage.. That's it.

As for marauders, my personal experience so far is that they are kinda meh, pretty much the same as they were before.

The tacticals are totally useless if you ask me with the exception of the one which resets vanish with predation. None of the other tacticals seem to be useful in PVP.

I am playing mara since late 4.0 and my opinion might change with time as I haven't got the time to properly test them in PVP(arenas) . You might be right about the guide though. At the moment I am using amps blind...
Yep most of the tacs are impractical. They had a good idea with fanged god, but they missed their mark with how easy its falls off. The set bonuses for mara as well are just plain trash with the exception of DoTF. Who designs a set that requires us to use force camo, and then mad dash to get a slow and a crit. Thats just an example, but it makes me wonder how well this was thought through and tested

hanlo's Avatar


hanlo
11.19.2019 , 04:50 PM | #6
One thing I will say though, and I do think that it's important is that a big reason why deception sins are so strong right now and why so many players are re-rolling that spec right now.....is because they are one of the few classes that have a detailed guide (thanks to Kre'a) on how to play and gear them. So, if you want to play deception sin, you'll quickly find out how to get the most out of that class.


where would I find this guide?

Csjbo's Avatar


Csjbo
11.21.2019 , 10:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hanlo View Post
One thing I will say though, and I do think that it's important is that a big reason why deception sins are so strong right now and why so many players are re-rolling that spec right now.....is because they are one of the few classes that have a detailed guide (thanks to Kre'a) on how to play and gear them. So, if you want to play deception sin, you'll quickly find out how to get the most out of that class.


where would I find this guide?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utt0...ature=youtu.be link to the video in question
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane