Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Augustus
02.24.2017 , 03:51 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

This is my opinion about your entire work and cautiously-blazing-fast-reaction time about the largest game breaking issues this game ever seen which is an amazing cause of your thorough work over there behind your computers and fancy meeting rooms.

The entire player base is at this point of how they would deal with you guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSFZktZNySg

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlqKFlU7YAs
(devs = Mr. Garrison)
63k+ Achievements 100% Collections 45+ level 70 515 Vehicles
150+ rank 50 companions 1.1m+ Personal Prestige pre-merger

Exly
02.24.2017 , 04:01 PM | #122
We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

The problem is that more people are quitting warzones now that losses get so few components when compared to wins. For every problem that you try to solve you create another. Just give us warzone comms and gear drops on every boss in operations already, and stop trying to fix a broken system.

falkron-kerupt
02.24.2017 , 04:05 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
The problem is that more people are quitting warzones now that losses get so few components when compared to wins. For every problem that you try to solve you create another. Just give us warzone comms and gear drops on every boss in operations already, and stop trying to fix a broken system.
Not every one does pve which is why this was to support those people who only want to pvp. Which is also why there was no increase for pve drops because it all ready is a faster method to gearing then pvp .Stop trying to turn this into a pve issue as it is not.

eriksarcasm
02.24.2017 , 04:20 PM | #124
Good question! Currently, GSF is a great source of both Components and CXP so we really wanted to focus on getting Warzones to a better place with 5.1.2. After the changes go live Tuesday we will continue to monitor to see how Component gains look. We are absolutely open to adding Components to those Missions in the future if needed.

-eric
That doesn't really answer the question, though. You could've and should've done both.
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

Adric_the_Red
02.24.2017 , 04:33 PM | #125
Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:
  • Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

As others have said....
Why nothing for GSF daily/weekly missions?
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

yellow_
02.24.2017 , 04:54 PM | #126
Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric
You're looking at how to address that? I don't understand -- isn't it just a matter of deciding of whether or not you want to throw us this bone and then flipping the requisite switch (or not throwing it)?

The conspiracy theories about the cxp system being released deliberately half-baked so you guys would have a jar of cookies to lead us on with are growing increasingly believable.

Exly
02.24.2017 , 04:55 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by falkron-kerupt View Post
Not every one does pve which is why this was to support those people who only want to pvp. Which is also why there was no increase for pve drops because it all ready is a faster method to gearing then pvp .Stop trying to turn this into a pve issue as it is not.
gearing is an issue for all players. Warzone comms were a good way in the past to gear characters for those the preferred pvp and ops were good for those the preferred pve. I am not trying to turn this thread into anything, but I am trying to address the real problem with gearing in 5.0.

Also, how is addressing the issue of people quitting warzones because they don't want to lose and get substandard rewards an attempt to make this thread about pve? I don't know about you, but I don't like it when half of my team leaves because they don't want to lose and get lousy rewards in the process. That is a pvp issue, and that was covered in the post that you responded to.

Kurj
02.24.2017 , 05:08 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
gearing is an issue for all players. Warzone comms were a good way in the past to gear characters for those the preferred pvp and ops were good for those the preferred pve. I am not trying to turn this thread into anything, but I am trying to address the real problem with gearing in 5.0.
I miss the old gear system too, and I am still kicking myself for not buying alt gear with my WZ comms before 5.0. But, I think they combined the gearing systems into GC to cut down on development costs. That's the simplest explanation I can come up with for what we are seeing, with gearing, with new group content, with everything. They have very limited resources, and that's why they can't go back to what we had.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Ardarell_Solo
02.24.2017 , 05:09 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by GloomyBoy View Post
Then go play Guild Wars 2 and Overwatch and be done with it. We have enough crying ppl here.
I'm impressed you have 2 different phrases to combine with "cry".

Another reason why PvP and PvE gearing has to be kept on separate systems.

The only thing I can side with is that you shouldn't throw gear at people for mindlessly grinding stuff. Attach it to the hardest content like you said you would. All this adjusting CXP / components numbers is just shifting the focus points of the grind, it will still be a grind: quantity of play instead of quality of play like it should be. As long as you object to correct that you will continue to lose players.

Besides, every command rank you add will be a reason for players not to return. You really expect returning players to grind 400 levels to see the new operation once it's done? You bet they'll stay in the competition MMO games that must not be named here instead.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Avicii
02.24.2017 , 05:14 PM | #130
ROFL... this entire debacle.. Just so you know they hear us and they are listening, clearly.

They care about PvPers, who they have essentially sharted on with this entire gearing system. As well as all their players they encouraged to roll Alts. It is clear they give no ****s. Unsubbing is the only thing they actually hear.

They should have left PvP gear in the game, removing that was a colossal mistake which is only going to be more evident when they increase the gear tiers in the coming months.

Still no catch up mechanic for new players or returning players who will be so far behind they might as well not start the grind, once T4 and 5 drop it will be only worse. The gear gap in PvP between the haves and the have nots will continue to grow, as will player frustrations and queue times.

But OH its so exciting, the thrill of the hunt and all. I got a set piece and felt no excitement just less disappointment then the prior 40 crates of nothing useful in T1. Then went back to grinding chapter 1 for excitement trying to catch get entry level gear! Then I stopped playing for a week due to thrill of the hunt and all around joy GC and RNG has inspired.