Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

• Warzone Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Warzone Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Arena Win: 4 (up from 3)
  • Arena Loss: 2 (up from 1)
  • Solo Ranked Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Solo Ranked Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Group Ranked Win: 10 (up from 8)
  • Group Ranked Loss: 4 (up from 3)
  • GSF Win: 8 (stays the same)
  • GSF Loss: 3 (stays the same)

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

well i guess the grind stays serously these needs to be double atlest

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This patch is still a ****-your-alts grindfest. .

i dont get why grinding is asociated with negative emotions. The only downside for grinding is a gear gap, which is close to non existant in pvp due bolster once you have a 240 main&offhand which is so easy to aquire.

The plusside of grinding is way more pops for teamranked and people actually trying to win reg warzones.

As a pvp main i have to constitute: The more grind, the better (asuming bolster is set to a fair level)

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

-eric

I hate this eric. For one the numbers are way too low. 2nd, it still only focuses on wins and losses. Why not add for pvp 1 piece for every medal earned? Someone can stand around, do nothing, the team win and get rewarded. Also, people could go after the objectives, make it to the top of the board and still lose and leave with almost no pieces. How is this fair?

Hey folks,

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

-eric

Why incentivize ground PvP more by adding weekly rewards but not GSF? If your argument is that GSF is popular enough as is, you're delusional. If your argument is that GSF players don't need end-game gear, why drop unassembled components at all? This is just another nonsensical decision in a very long line of nonsensical decisions.

Edited by RandyL

where did all of these people who think being able to get a single piece of gear that is about to be one-upped in 5.2 with a week's worth of play is an acceptable state of affairs come from

can you carebears please go and take your pve stockholm syndrome with you

I don't think this is that bad, but I'm not going to call you names if you do. So please, let's not start a flame war - we are all on the same side at the end of the day.

Here is why I think this is okay:

@350 UCs a week from dailies and weeklies goes a long way in Tier 1 to getting set bonus pieces - you can do it in 2 weeks (it takes 650 UCs for all 7 visible slots). You'll have your MH and OH the week after that, assuming you got no drops whatsoever, and relics by the following week. That is a good start to making sure folks who are just starting to PVP have the minimum gear necessary, which will help everyone who wants to use PVP to get some end-game gear.

That's all I'm saying, nothing more. If my math is wrong, or I'm missing something, tell me what it is - no agenda here. But please, let's not start calling each other names. It's not going to help anyone.

Eric, is your goal to NOT have PvP as a viable means for gearing? These values are ridiculously low given the extreme prices you're asking people to pay and the upgrade path you're making people jump through to get items. This is absurd.

I think it is totally their intent, to either not have, or to stunt peoples ability to grind gear through pvp. The devs seem to take the stance that pvp is too easy to allow end game gearing.

Edited by Darkside

I tend to be positivie, so thank for at least this drop ... Anyway the new rates are still ridiculous with respect to:

- prices of upgrade are extreme

- RNG in crates is so ****ed that from 100 Tier 3 crates you get 0 - 1 242

- still not bound to legacy ???

This is nothing just scratch on surface, pointless, not fixing any of core problems of the system. DO SOMETHING REAL FINALLY ! Thank you.

i dont get why grinding is asociated with negative emotions. The only downside for grinding is a gear gap, which is close to non existant in pvp due bolster once you have a 240 main&offhand which is so easy to aquire.

You answered your own question: gear gaps should be as minimal as possible in PVP. If it were up to me, they wouldn't exist at all -- you'd just choose how your stats are laid out. This sort of grind for an advantage system is more or less universally frowned upon outside MMOs, as it well should be, (it is completely antithetical to the competitive mindset) and is sometimes grounds for straight up outrage in other games. Imagine if you did more damage in CS GO or DOTA2 because you had grinded better weapons -- people would go BALLISTIC. This belief that it ought to exist is in PVP not based on reason or logic, it is a holdover from previous MMOs and the genre in general.

The fact that alts exist (also that this game is supposed to be friendly to playing them) multiplies all of these issues. Saying that the gear gap is "close to non-existent" is either wrong or based on a very strange idea about what that phrase means. And it's going to get noticeably worse in 5.2.

p.s. getting 240 mainhands when you want to play all the classes, as I do, is not easy at all

Edited by yellow_

As someone who pretty much does solely PvP, assuming it is referring to both dailies, I find these numbers acceptable for the most part. for simplicity's sake let's not get into wins and losses and just say it was 3 games for the dailies (2 to complete the first and 1 for the second). That makes 48 from the dailies and games. that makes 376 (weekly included) per week just by doing your dailies with 0 extra games. Assuming your games take on average 15 minutes that averages about 5 hours a week to get about 2-3 set pieces depending on the tier.

Keep in mind this is also base minimum. If you play anything more than the lowest possible amount of games (most people do, even those who consider themselves casual players) it becomes much faster. If I were to make a change, I would increase the dailies from 12 to 20. Putting the increase on the daily helps both those who play more often as well as the casual players, it also keeps things relatively balanced between the two as the casual player can achieve most of what the others earn with minimal investment, while the "veterans" still have a decent enough incentive they can earn from continuing to play after the dailies and being on the daily makes it something that cannot be spammed.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

You answered your own question: gear gaps should be as minimal as possible in PVP.

Well, to play a little devil's advocate here, in WoW gear is everything in pvp, and WoW is the apparent gold standard of MMO's these days.

I do quite a bit of pvp in GW2 and while gear has no bearing, class is everything in that game. It's really hard to find a skill based pvp MMO. SWTOR would be pretty close, if not for the ridiculous imbalances we currently have in classes. Gear isn't nearly as much of a factor here as it is in WoW or ESO.

SWTOR"s bigger problem, besides class imbalances, is a completely ridiculous and utterly nonsensical bolster system.

Edited by Vember

I really agree. I'd like to see the GSF Daily and Weekly give components if the Regular PvP daily and weekly are giving components.

And the values are still low. I'd be okay with this if it was Legacy, because all my PvP'ing is usually done imp side so I have a bunch of components I can't use.

~ Eudoxia

Well, to play a little devil's advocate here, in WoW gear is everything in pvp, and WoW is the apparent gold standard of MMO's these days.

I do quite a bit of pvp in GW2 and while gear has no bearing, class is everything in that game. It's really hard to find a skill based pvp MMO. SWTOR would be pretty close, if not for the ridiculous imbalances we currently have in classes. Gear isn't nearly as much of a factor here as it is in WoW or ESO.

SWTOR"s bigger problem, besides class imbalances, is a completely ridiculous and utterly nonsensical bolster system.

Even comparing to other MMOs is immaterial, though. In three months we have gone from where it was more or less sanely balanced PvP (needing tweaks, but not super bad), where gear was easy to obtain up to an even baseline, where it was amenable to playing your alts, and geared separate from PvE so as not to disturb their balance - to Merc Reroll Super Grind GearWars 5.1.

Hey folks,

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So once again you guys prove that you either don't listen to our feedback, or don't care what we want, or get a kick out of jerking us around. I hope that you remember when you are looking for your next job that decisions like this helped to kill the game.

WoW is one of the games, probably THE game, I have in mind when I suggest that gear having an impact on PVP is a ridiculous holdover from past games and the genre in general and not something based on good reasons. The WoW PVP gear grind is notoriously awful and it's one of the primary things keeping me away from it permanently.

I would never imply that removing gear from the PVP equation is a panacea, or even that it's more important than other issues. Class balance is a perpetual and major factor. But it would be one less thing to worry about.

Edited by yellow_

Even comparing to other MMOs is immaterial, though. In three months we have gone from where it was more or less sanely balanced PvP (needing tweaks, but not super bad), where gear was easy to obtain up to an even baseline, where it was amenable to playing your alts, and geared separate from PvE so as not to disturb their balance - to Merc Reroll Super Grind GearWars 5.1.

Legacy gear is your best friend. My merc, sniper and mara are all 236 to 240, and I recently rolled a commando healer (surprisingly I didn't have one, the last class I didn't have an alt of) that is going to start with full 236 armorings.

The numbers are fine, but if you need to make components legacy if these are the numbers you're going with.

I agree with that, and predict they will not do that until 5.2 launches, at which time we will get a different variant of UCs for new tier gear only.

I don't like having to play PVP to get the best gear for my favourite PvE encounters. Numbers would have to be much higher than the ones you're planning for me not to feel forced to do sth I don't like doing in the first place.

I'd agree gearing was to easy in 4.0, but that was mostly due to highlighted HM operations.

Before that gearing in both PvE and PvP was better than in any state of the game past 5.0.

You moved the speed of gearing from depending on skill and organiszation to depending on mere play time. This really, really puts me off.

• Dev Post
Why also not let GSF daily and weekly give components??

Good question! Currently, GSF is a great source of both Components and CXP so we really wanted to focus on getting Warzones to a better place with 5.1.2. After the changes go live Tuesday we will continue to monitor to see how Component gains look. We are absolutely open to adding Components to those Missions in the future if needed.

-eric

• Dev Post
*snip

Those values are still too low, losses particularly. Also, any news about to 1000 component cap and making it legacy (or being able to transfer components?).

*snip

We want to be really careful of how many Components are awarded from losses, specifically to combat AFKers in PvP. We will monitor post 5.1.2 and make further adjustments as needed!

-eric

I don't understand the large disparity between Arenas and Warzones. I love when I get a 4v4 in the reg queue. But now I've come to dislike it just because of the components. I understand the idea is Arenas are quicker but they aren't so much quicker than players should get half the components from a win than reg warzones. Voidstar can be as quick as 8-9 min and so can Civil War when a team dominates another yet a 3 round Arena is easily 9-15 min long and in all that effort if you win, you get only half the components you would a reg warzone? Edited by Hellhog