It's the last Tuesday in August....and still no NM EC or new content

I'm not usually the guy to complain, but at this point the lack of new PvE content is getting a bit absurd. We killed HM Kephess many months ago, and at this point most of our companions are wearing campaign gear. We've gone from raiding several nights a week down to raiding for only the few hours required to clear HM EC and kill NMP, and even that is done half-heartedly, since we are all so sick of the same content. We are min/maxxed. Our alts are geared.

Weeks pass. Months go by. Still nothing. No dates. No deadlines. Only vague promises. Vague promises for the release of retooled fights...in instance we are already sick of doing.

Think we're a tiny subset of the player population? Think again. There are at least 15 other guilds (and that's a very conservative estimate) in the same position on my server. How do you expect to NOT lose players at a rapid pace when there is nothing for them to do?

Its really quite tiring to continually see threads like this started. I really dont understand why people think they need new content at a fast pace no matter what a game company tells you. People who constantly beat this dead horse will never be satisfied with what they have.

Sorry but its garbage like this that clogs up all the more informational threads on this forum.

I really dont understand why people think they need new content at a fast pace

Most people that are farily competent don't find new 5 (pretty easy) bosses for the entire calendar year a 'fast pace.' Also, we pay(paid) our $15/month to play the content they told us was coming. Unfortunately, they are about 3+ months behind that schedule already.

If you really don't understand you are probably 1) a casual and/or below average player that couldn't complete HM EC in the first month or 2 of release or 2) got carried through said content and don't know why other people are bored because you're still 'challenged.'

Its really quite tiring to continually see threads like this started. I really dont understand why people think they need new content at a fast pace no matter what a game company tells you. People who constantly beat this dead horse will never be satisfied with what they have.

Sorry but its garbage like this that clogs up all the more informational threads on this forum.

Really? is that the best you can offer us?

I'm in the OP's position, except we haven't been clearing HM EC for months (well 5 weeks but i digress) The biggest issue with the Normal mode, HM model is that yes it does get dull fast ,twice as fast and new content for this type of model is needed faster. Either that or release triple the bosses......

I don't understand why you have to complain someone wanting more content?

Players come to the forums to express their opinions about the game. Some players want more content. How is this "garbage"?

Most people that are farily competent don't find new 5 (pretty easy) bosses for the entire calendar year a 'fast pace.' Also, we pay(paid) our $15/month to play the content they told us was coming. Unfortunately, they are about 3+ months behind that schedule already.

If you really don't understand you are probably 1) a casual and/or below average player that couldn't complete HM EC in the first month or 2 of release or 2) got carried through said content and don't know why other people are bored because you're still 'challenged.'

So, WoW players pay $180 for a update that turns into a half-butt expansion pack that they also spend another $20 to purchase and play? $200 for a week of content and I doubt a lot of peple are looking forward to Pandas. :jawa_tongue: SW:TOR about 3 months or $45 for a new update that has 1 new raid, 1 new wz, and misc.

1.4 will have:

New WZ

New Raid

New items

Increased level cap

HK-51

I made several statements about players getting greedy? :rolleyes:

So, WoW players pay $180 for a update that turns into a half-butt expansion pack that they also spend another $20 to purchase and play? $200 for a week of content and I doubt a lot of peple are looking forward to Pandas. :jawa_tongue: SW:TOR about 3 months or $45 for a new update that has 1 new raid, 1 new wz, and misc.

1.4 will have:

New WZ

New Raid

New items

Increased level cap

HK-51

Theres no need in trying to explain it to the content locust out there. This will always be an issue with folks who think that what is offered is too easy or not enough. All i can say is the truth does seem to hurt a bit.

I wont go into what kind of player i am. I will tell you that i have been thru the content in this game as much as the next person. The guild im in still runs thru that content with no complaints about being bored . We decide what we do and we do it but thats not really the subject here. My reply to this thread was to express the constant bickering about wanting more and more content already knowing what BW is releasing in the future. Thats the garbage im refering to.

Theres no need in trying to explain it to the content locust out there. This will always be an issue with folks who think that what is offered is too easy or not enough. All i can say is the truth does seem to hurt a bit.

I wont go into what kind of player i am. I will tell you that i have been thru the content in this game as much as the next person. The guild im in still runs thru that content with no complaints about being bored . We decide what we do and we do it but thats not really the subject here. My reply to this thread was to express the constant bickering about wanting more and more content already knowing what BW is releasing in the future. Thats the garbage im refering to.

The problem we have is that they seemed to indicate that the content would be coming by the end of August and it hasn't. What is there to say that they'll keep true to their promise to release Terror from Beyond in September? It's not even on the PTS yet.

At what point do we have the right to complain about a lack of new content? If I didn't like my guild and I hadn't gotten into the PVP scene when 1.3 launched I'd have probably quit out of boredom awhile ago.

The problem we have is that they seemed to indicate that the content would be coming by the end of August and it hasn't. What is there to say that they'll keep true to their promise to release Terror from Beyond in September? It's not even on the PTS yet.

At what point do we have the right to complain about a lack of new content? If I didn't like my guild and I hadn't gotten into the PVP scene when 1.3 launched I'd have probably quit out of boredom awhile ago.

Well the world event was 'content' in a more broader term. They suggested content in August but it was people who assumed it would be the Op or WZ or HK-51. So to be fair they did give us the event. Granted it was kinda short, and I barely took part in it but that's besidea the point.

They did however say next month, Terror. Again next month is not a specific date but a general timeframe. Nonethless to take it literally the next month is September so they have till Sept 30th to deliver while still being true to their word.

I'm inclined to believe they're doing a lot of internal testing on this one. As I mentioned in my thread regarding Terror PTS, realistically it does require imo 3-4 weeks of testing to clean out bugs. However I'm basing that mostly on the work done on EC in PTS.

However 2 things come to mind: firstly, since they're splitting content, a lot less stuff requires testing, so the testing will be more concentrated on the Operation, and all bug fixing time can be spent on the Operation etc.

Secondly although there were a good few bugs that arose in ECs PTS testing, there wasn't as many as you'd think. Much of the changes were more regarding adjusting the difficulty. Now you could say the difficulty will likely be roughly equal, hopefully a little bit harder, so they're kinda already at the mark difficulty wise. Whereas last time adjusting the difficulty from KP/EV to EC. was a big job in itself.

So for them reasons I could imagine that the required amount of testing time could be reduced to 2-3 weeks Maybe all the bugs won't be fixed but all the big gamebreakers hopefully.

But hey, I guess well see. I really hope they get it on the PTS within the next 7 days or so.

At what point? When they make a promise and don't keep it.

When Ranked WZs didn't come with 1.2 they gave a us a free month.

If Terror isn't ready for us to play - and moderately bug free - by the end of September then we deserve a free month.

Heck, if they don't keep their promise I'll spam forums until they're forced to apologize.

1.4 will have:

New WZ

New Raid

New items

Increased level cap

HK-51

I think next update is 1.4 which only includes the new raid.

Increased level cap (new planet) and New WZ are definitely later in the year.

Not sure HK-51.

There will always be a small minority of players that clear all the PvE content rapidly and "want more".

Having said that, the operations content in SW:TOR has always been pretty limited, and the pace at which they have added new content has been extremely slow.

KP and EV didn't really feel like proper operations, but something thrown together when faced with an imminent release date.

EC is a very good operation by any standards, but by now the people interested in group PvE have been farming the place for months.

Speaking as a MMO group content veteran, I still think SW:TOR has potential, if they can create regular content on par with EC.

However, they need to get something out VERY soon. Things are always slow during summer, so the lack of new content hasn't hit that hard. Even so, I am loosing operation members at a slow but steady rate.

In september people will be back from vacation, and they are faced with either EC which they have done ad nauseam, or one of the two other major MMO releases that are on the horizon.

Bioware Austin hardly has the development and QA team to make frequent content updates if the rumors from ex-employees are true. :\

Even then, a way to keep the game fresh without "BRAND NEW CONTENT" is to throw events in the mix every month or so. Unfortunately, SWTOR has only had one good event with the most recent being rather lackluster if that's what to expect for events every half-year.

So, in effect, SWTOR is like this:

- For PVE, it's a grindfest of one operation

- For PVP, it's a grindfest of 4 Warzones for a month +

- For leveling and rerolling, the non-class content is no more exciting to do again than in any other MMORPG. The class storylines, though, are still the crown jewel of SWTOR.

- For roleplaying, it's dependent on how many people stay active on your server or how wide your group of friends are. Neither are going to look good in the long run since the number of people available for RP hinges on PVE and PVP aspects despite what people might claim.

So basically, from a pure gameplay standpoint, SWTOR is a grindfest. It's monotonous. People get bored of it eventually. It happens in WOW as well, yet WOW has the advantage of it being a grindfest spanning several different raids and dungeons - which severely reduces monotony.

SWTOR doesn't have the benefit of huge content. It needs more breaks in the monotony to keep interest. That entails either creating content faster or creating spontaneous world events at a regular rate. Neither has been done, nor does it seem like it's going to happen with Bioware Austin's current condition and EA's lack of marketing for SWTOR (how much a publisher markets a game, even post release, is a good litmus test of how much the publisher is willing to risk on the game).

This leads many people on both the PVP and PVE side of things going, "Welp, we're BIS after 8 weeks, and I don't feel like leveling another alt. /unsub"

Though, I will say this, Bioware Austin gave too many promises about content updates, then kept their mouths shut for too long when development goals changed. Even then, the apparent cuts in development funding and the QA department are too big to expect much out of the company for now.

Cancelled my account yesterday. Have cleared EC probably over 20 times combined on normal and hard, EV and KP probably even more than that. Done all the hard mode flashpoints countless times. Nightmare mode EC doesn't even really interest me as it really isn't new content, just harder version of already existing content.

Even when the new operation does finally go in I really don't think a single new operation would be enough to keep me interested when I have long since burned myself out on all the rest of the content in the game.

Though, I will say this, Bioware Austin gave too many promises about content updates, then kept their mouths shut for too long when development goals changed. Even then, the apparent cuts in development funding and the QA department are too big to expect much out of the company for now.

I completely agree. This is probably why BioWare are now going the other way and not saying anything about content release projections at all - because of the PR disaster that was James Ohlen's infamous promise that "from now on we're going to be releasing major content updates month after month". To this day that crap has never been addressed by BW.

It'll be released a week before Mists goes live. If it doesn't, even the dest servers will be ghost towns... and even if it does they may become ghost towns. My guild has taken a massive hit just from GW2's launch, and the rest of the players has expressed interest in Mists Of Pandaria.

Whether you think WoW sucks or not, it is going to have a massive effect on server population. A lot of people joined SW because there was no WoW content worth playing.

My guys are quitting out of boredom. We just don't need new operations and flashpoints, we need something non-heroic to keep the game interesting so we can be doing things during downtime between raiding. I was going to say "that doesn't involved the word dailies", but daily crafting quests to save up for high end (but below current operation tier gear) recipes, collectibles, revamped achievement system, mentoring system to do daily Story Mode Flashpoints for a currency reward to save up for adaptive gear, things to make the game more interesting.

The expansion when it arrives does need to bring in more gameplay to keep the interest alive. It's not just about operations, and I would be happy if we never had another operation added to the game if we had more to do outside gearing up for operations. My guild is rampaging through Explosive Conflict. But are looking elsewhere to do things more interesting.

Edited by Volantiz

Too late for my guild. We're going back to wow. We got tired of nothing new to do after months and months. I really did try to hold on. I haven't logged in since the end of the world event. No reason to. Edited by Mynden