armour

Panzertremby

Hello' can someone please explain to be how to modify my equipment i know i have to use that mod device but what do i need to get to mod my equipment and where to get i hope this made sense lol

We really don't know what you are trying to say.

If you are talking about modification stations then you really don't need them. You can add or remove mods to any piece of modifiable gear anywhere any time. Just press CTRL and Right click the item and then drag whatever mods, armorings, barrels, enhancements or hilts in there that you have.

Of course don't try to modify items that are not modifiable.

Only thing you need to go to mod stations to do is adding augment slots.

There are two things used to upgrade equipment: modifications and augments.

1) Modifications are items like mods, crystals, barrels, hilts, armor, enhancements, etc. which you place in an item that has slots. Only orange and purple(prototype) items have slots. You cannot use mods on green or blue items. (There is one exception: for some reason certain companion only items are green and modable) If the item is modifiable, Ctrl-Right Click on the item and it will open up the modification screen. Mods are obtained as loot drops, bought on the GTN, crafted, or purchased using planetary commendations.

2) Augments can be added to any equipable item. To use an augment you first need to have an augmentation slot. Some items are crafted with a slot (a crtical craft) or you need obtain an augmentation kit. Kits, augments and slots are rated MK-1 thru MK-6. You can buy a kit on the GTN or craft them with the right skill. Once you have a kit, you add it to the item using an Item Modification Station (easiest place to find one is the crew skills section of fleet or your capital world). This adds an augment slot to the item. Once you have a slot, you can add the augment to the item by Ctrl-right clicking. Note that you cannot place a higher level augment into a lower level slot but a lower level augment will fit in a higher level slot. For example an MK-4 slot will not take an MK-6 item but a MK-6 slot will take and MK-4 item.

Edited by BebeLeBozo