Have a nice cup of harden the heck up

Toxicsox

The bubble story.

Hi, if you don't know me, I play sage and sorc heals in pvp. I love the class so much that I just keep on leveling them, first on the PVP server, then again on the PVE server. I have recently been brimming with rage about the things people are saying about my character. I thought this bed time story would be the best way of explaining it to you all. Enjoy.

Zanshiri was very happy enjoying pvping, working on gear, just all round enjoying the experience. Life was great and pvp was her own little get away from troubles in the real world.

This happy little healer spent a long time having a laugh, playing with friends, it was a great time.

But then, along came the evil L2P people, people who don't understand class mechanics and want to nerf everything in the game until it becomes as simplified as wow became. These are not nice people children, be afraid, very afraid.

They accused my poor little sage of hacks, simply because they do not understand the mechanics of a sage healer who doesn't play a fail pve aoe ineffective spec.

"No" they said "sages can not protect themselves! They are weak and the only time they should not be helpless is when they have a big strong tank around to guard them!"

Well poor little Zanshiri was confused, she had never had to rely on anyone else to protect her before, she had learned to play her class, busy reading talent points, seeing which would best suit her needs in pvp. She would not give in to the L2P people! But still, the slander and the bad words kept attacking her. Finally, after reaching the point she was about to completely explode, she had an idea. She was one of the few, not many others had heard of this wonderful thing known as defensive abilities. What if there were some way she could get the word out to all the other poor sorc and sage pvp healers out there in the world of Dalborra. So being the complete smart *** that she is, she wrote a nice little story for everyone, and at the end she linked this talent tree that the L2P people feared so much.

To Be Continued .................

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hGMkrdMzZfMbMbMbZ0M.2

Edited by Toxicsox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whinging and moaning about how OP you are and how your class needs to be nerfed is the sincerest form of MMO flattery, means you're doing something right!

so i guess when people say they need a buff for your class it's a big dirty slap in the face?

eg focus/rage buff being a slap in the face and saying my class is **** cause i play a **** 1 move spec

( im not forcus btw )

FINISH THE DAMN STORY LABY, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE CLIFFHANGER IS

Edited by BattleGracefully

"No" they said "sages can not protect themselves! They are weak and the only time they should not be helpless is when they have a big strong tank around to guard them!"

She was one of the few, not many others had heard of this wonderful thing known as defensive abilities.

The ignorance posted here is overwhelming... If it was only a "defensive ability" for you, it wouldnt be a problem. But it gives your whole team a free, instant, on demand, 3 second AOE hard stun that doesn't respect the GCD, and doesn't add the correct ammt of resolve. Oh, and has a 17 sec CD?

Noone is saying that Sorcs/Sages dont need this as a defensive CD, or that the bubbles blind should be removed. It's the fact that it's now a hard stun and only adds the resolve of a Mez, and that it can be cast on your whole team and clicked off at will for the stun. Its the fact that it turns your whole team into a mass stun team.

BW know it isn't adding the correct ammt of resolve. They know it's turning sub par teams all over the place into unkillable stun machines. And it's just a matter of time before the ability gets fixed.

Allow me to elaborate in a form you may understand:

There once was a boy from St. Kilda,

Who found a baddy bubble healer and killed her,

Her seven teammates then bubble stunned his entire team for the rest of the game,

I suck at poems, you fail.

The bubble story.

Hi, if you don't know me, I play sage and sorc heals in pvp. I love the class so much that I just keep on leveling them, first on the PVP server, then again on the PVE server. I have recently been brimming with rage about the things people are saying about my character. I thought this bed time story would be the best way of explaining it to you all. Enjoy.

Zanshiri was very happy enjoying pvping, working on gear, just all round enjoying the experience. Life was great and pvp was her own little get away from troubles in the real world.

This happy little healer spent a long time having a laugh, playing with friends, it was a great time.

But then, along came the evil L2P people, people who don't understand class mechanics and want to nerf everything in the game until it becomes as simplified as wow became. These are not nice people children, be afraid, very afraid.

They accused my poor little sage of hacks, simply because they do not understand the mechanics of a sage healer who doesn't play a fail pve aoe ineffective spec.

Well poor little Zanshiri was confused, she had never had to rely on anyone else to protect her before, she had learned to play her class, busy reading talent points, seeing which would best suit her needs in pvp. She would not give in to the L2P people! But still, the slander and the bad words kept attacking her. Finally, after reaching the point she was about to completely explode, she had an idea. She was one of the few, not many others had heard of this wonderful thing known as defensive abilities. What if there were some way she could get the word out to all the other poor sorc and sage pvp healers out there in the world of Dalborra. So being the complete smart *** that she is, she wrote a nice little story for everyone, and at the end she linked this talent tree that the L2P people feared so much.

To Be Continued .................

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hGMkrdMzZfMbMbMbZ0M.2

The ignorance posted here is overwhelming... If it was only a "defensive ability" for you, it wouldnt be a problem. But it gives your whole team a free, instant, on demand, 3 second AOE hard stun that doesn't respect the GCD, and doesn't add the correct ammt of resolve. Oh, and has a 17 sec CD?

Noone is saying that Sorcs/Sages dont need this as a defensive CD, or that the bubbles blind should be removed. It's the fact that it's now a hard stun and only adds the resolve of a Mez, and that it can be cast on your whole team and clicked off at will for the stun. Its the fact that it turns your whole team into a mass stun team.

BW know it isn't adding the correct ammt of resolve. They know it's turning sub par teams all over the place into unkillable stun machines. And it's just a matter of time before the ability gets fixed.

Allow me to elaborate in a form you may understand:

There once was a boy from St. Kilda,

Who found a baddy bubble healer and killed her,

Her seven teammates then bubble stunned his entire team for the rest of the game,

I suck at poems, you fail.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head; I really thought that spec was astounding Tox when you brought it to the server, thought it was the best thing to give sorcs a bit more survivability but after seeing how MVP’s ranked team managed to use it as an extra stun for their class by clicking it off and positioning themselves before hand to maximise the people who get stunned by it I realised the exploit it had become.

It brings the game to a halt and takes out any aspect of a competitive match. While I know you have told all our sorcs how to use the spec none of them like it, they feel it can be abused too easily and don’t want that poor conduct on their name.

We did manage to get one Sorc into it ready for a ranked match with MVP hoping we could show you the error of the spec before Bioware fixes its resolve but the majority of our ranked team lives in New Zealand so come 9-9:30pm our Guild departs for the night.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head; I really thought that spec was astounding Tox when you brought it to the server, thought it was the best thing to give sorcs a bit more survivability but after seeing how MVP’s ranked team managed to use it as an extra stun for their class by clicking it off and positioning themselves before hand to maximise the people who get stunned by it I realised the exploit it had become.

It brings the game to a halt and takes out any aspect of a competitive match. While I know you have told all our sorcs how to use the spec none of them like it, they feel it can be abused too easily and don’t want that poor conduct on their name.

Its fine in ranked warzones if your sorcs are using it and the rest of your team is not clicking it off for a stun

We did manage to get one Sorc into it ready for a ranked match with MVP hoping we could show you the error of the spec before Bioware fixes its resolve but the majority of our ranked team lives in New Zealand so come 9-9:30pm our Guild departs for the night.

but yeh if MVP are going to click the bubbles off for an extra stun let them just proves they need any little advantage to win warzones just like /stuck in warzones ehh.'

should be more concerned of the mass amounts of assault vanguards they are rerolling

Edited by Didy_Kush

/facepalm im sorry guys, i need to stop you here and call you bads, as much as i love you all, clicking off the bubble does not stun you, i have tested this multiple times(nope) BUT what does stun you is if the bubble buff expires NATURALLY.

The bubble stun is incredibly easy to deal with as a warrior, if you;re not a derp smash rage build, juggernauts have unstopabble on force leap, no issue there, and marauders, in carnage spec, do a leap-.gore-.side step->scream combo to break bubble and close in for the kill

Powertechs dps at 10m no issue there, assasins need to use discharge and shock to break bubble before moving in for the kill. , deception sins can easilyget 2 calirvoyant srikes off without the bubble breaking and move 5m to use shock and come back its so frikin easy.

TL: DR: dont be a derpsmasher play a different spec.

video guide: FOR marauders

at 2:23 - 2:47 Edited by darthnish

/facepalm im sorry guys, i need to stop you here and call you bads, as much as i love you all, clicking off the bubble does not stun you, i have tested this multiple times BUT what does stun you is if the bubble buff expires NATURALLY.

Stopped reading at this point lol.... I think you need to re-evaluate your testing methods champ.

Roses are red,

Bacon is yum,

I fail at poems,

BACON!

(Poetry requested by guildies)

/facepalm im sorry guys, i need to stop you here and call you bads, as much as i love you all, clicking off the bubble does not stun you, i have tested this multiple times BUT what does stun you is if the bubble buff expires NATURALLY.

The bubble stun is incredibly easy to deal with as a warrior, if you;re not a derp smash rage build, juggernauts have unstopabble on force leap, no issue there, and marauders, in carnage spec, do a leap-.gore-.side step->scream combo to break bubble and close in for the kill

Powertechs dps at 10m no issue there, assasins need to use discharge and shock to break bubble before moving in for the kill. , deception sins can easilyget 2 calirvoyant srikes off without the bubble breaking and move 5m to use shock and come back its so frikin easy.

TL: DR: dont be a derpsmasher play a different spec.

video guide: FOR marauders

at 2:23 - 2:47

watch that and tell me clicking it off doesn't work

as to dealing with it i have no problems myself but god do baddies have problems with it

EDIT; i was mid posting before i saw Czevak post, they are the same video

Edited by BattleGracefully

OP- Nice post! I don't pvp as much as I once did.....but when i have pvp'ed recently I have been plesently surprised at the speed at which teh "regulars" decimate groups, and also at how well they work togather:)

It is obvious from what I have seen lately theat there are quite a few people within the pvp community that not only know how to play their charcaters extremly well, but also work incredibly well togather as a group/team.

Edited by Tiberians
Grammar

Idk about the rest of my team, but personally, I have never once in my entire life clicked off the bubble for the stun. (More out of my own laziness and bad play than on some moral stance :p) I get the feeling that your problems with Zanshiri are a lot more personal and drama whatnot than simply a spec issue, and I'm not even gonna go there, but if you wanna just relax n' stuff and get along for just a moment, here's what I see when I play your team in ranked. :cool:

You have an extremely melee heavy team, and for myself, being able to carelessly throw out a grenade/flash grenade just wherever and confidently hit 4+ people on your team with it everytime is your larger problem. Half of your team is easily CCable and easily kiteable. Take away the stun bubble and it'd be slightly more work for me to do it, but still easily managable and I do it all the time against pug groups like that in regular WZs since I generally run regular WZs with no cross healing at all and do fine.

It's unfortunate if that's simply the only group composition you can throw together atm, we are lucky in MVP currently that the team of people who are generally online also have a pretty good class synergy.

But may I ask how you guys choose your focus targets? I genuinely know very little about stuff from a dps perspective because healing is pretty much all I've ever really done in significant amount in the game, but I can tell you at least from my own experience that you guys make it very easy for me to do what I do, stun bubbles or not.

For example in one Novare Coast against you, Seis and I were guarding a node and he had a guard on me (Zanshiri was at a different node, so you can't complain about her bubbles in this situation.) You guys all attacked Seis. I was left completely alone to stand there and do w/e I wanted. Idk if you figured you couldn't kill me with a guard on, so Seis had to be killed first (and that's possibly true, Idk) but I can tell you that I'm pretty much not ever letting Seis die if I'm allowed to just sit there and chill and free cast and whatnot, and he's the only one taking damage. You should have had 1 decent dps switch to me and just hassle me with CC's/interrupts so I couldn't help him as well, have the rest of the dps clean up Seis and then deal with me after. Why did that never happen? I got to free cast pretty much that whole game, not that I mind! :D Like I said Zanshiri was nowhere at that node, and so if stun bubbles were the exclusive reason your team is losing to us, why couldn't you kill us there and take the node when she wasn't even around?

You have good individuals on your team, and atm you are suffering from bad class composition, but I'm seeing a lot of silly mistakes and then hearing a lot of complaining about bubbles that don't seem all that related. I've won every WZ I've played today, I've not had any cross healing and only played 2 WZs with bubble stuns and the other 6+ games I played without. It made no difference at all to the outcome, and almost every game I played was against people in Seraphic Nexus. It's starting to get a bit personal where they are saying stuff in /say at the end of WZs to me about the bubble stuns, when in most of the games I healed against people in your guild with no sage in my group and no cross healing of any kind and won. Bubble stuns may be a problem but there is a lot more your guild could be doing to perform better and compete better, and you guys are starting to see bubbles where there are none. You know scoundrels can't bubble right? ;)

*rubs face* my must you do this to me?

Was gonna write something long on how stupid this is but decided to keep it short, rude and simple

Being the number one complainer on this game with raged fueled first by 300ms connection and now a computer that gets 5-10 fps a wz forcing me to go into Rage/Focus spec because vigilance/vengeance is too hard to play on this pos cuz its way too much game lag and players skipping around making me dizzy and you can't play vigilance on a game lagging pos computer efficiently event though it seems like it cuz I'm playing better than you, cuz you suck >:I

So being the number one complainer I like to tear apart anything that needs to get nerfed. Atm the only thing I want nerfed is the scoundrel crouch. That's it, my only complaint and it's one of the few reasons I quit my sentinel cuz of the immunity to charge while theyre crouched. That aside, Hold the **** up. Are you serious?!??! We're complaining about a damn blind bubble? Lmao, when Labby was playing for you I nvr in my life complained about that thing. The blind bubble is a complete joke

The master of the damn blind bubble is the sorceror from NS who returned recently and I'm having a brain fart on his name. When I first played the spec on my guardian he was squish and actually fun to try and kill. Only till I played him on my sentinel did I really realize he wasn't only good but he was a beaaaaaaast due to losing a lot of abilities that my guardian had. Now that he's back and I'm playing my guardian I can't kill him anymore cuz my computer is too crappy and it makes me sad cuz he was actually a challenge and I enjoyed playing him. If youre reading this computer will come in mail soon and we can enjoy our confrontations again :) but atm enjoy easily kiting me :(. Anyways, why don't you just grab him(his name will pop up in here soon I'm sure) and do ranked with him orrrrr we'll just play without Labby. Either or, we win, like always.

Everyone's been getting along lately but now with this crap that you've gone and put? Basing our slaughterings on blind bubbles? Screw that. We don't even get on vent for ranked anymore cuz everyone is a complete joke and takes no effort to beat.

QQ 2 second stun on a 20 second cd that can be ranged down if not, obliterated through. You act like shes standing on 3 different sections of a map at a time. I'm sorry she's not casting the bubble on 8 ppl every 20 seconds cuz were split up through the map. That would just be you getting wrecked without bubbles and complain about the one that happened to stun you in the entire game.

"don't worry guys, if they didn't have blind bubbles we wouldn't have gotten 3 capped like that an entire game. As soon as blind bubbles get nerfed, we'll easily beat em"

^^^ is that the kind of crap you tell yourselves?

***** ridiculous and embarrassing

Whoops guess it did turn into something long on how stupid this is

Edited by Mosh_Mosh_Mosh