<Dark Eclipse>Writhing Horror Nightmare TFB Strategy Guide

Can someone please explain the add spawn mechanic for this boss in an 8er nim raid for me?

When we tried it we got sometimes single add spawns then the jealous male and after that the couple of adds which are heading for the flower.

When I watch nightmare kill vids from guilds I can only see the jealous male spawn and once in a while the add group you kill in the flower.

What is the trick to control / avoid add spawns in this encounter?

thx for your help.

It seems that shadow tanks can drop their stacks of incubation by stealthing without spawning adds.

I have seen several videos of this.

The dps gain to beat the enrage is substantial.

In my opinion, this is unintended game mechanics falling in the bug/exploit category.

It seems that shadow tanks can drop their stacks of incubation by stealthing without spawning adds.

I have seen several videos of this.

The dps gain to beat the enrage is substantial.

In my opinion, this is unintended game mechanics falling in the bug/exploit category.

lol... expolit... please, this is just a case of players using every aspect of a class to its full potential.. bypassing mechanics by negating them is not expoliting. and its not an oversight as bioware cant work around this, its making use of the escape mechanic as a clense, not a cheat.

i presonally say congratz to the guys who figured this out as its one more in the forever dwindling bag of tricks that sin's have to make them required and viable in progression content

Funny but I have not seen top guilds use this "smart" strategy.

Then it falls in the category "not an exploit until Bioware says so". But clearly you cannot deny the huge dps gains and the advantage for beating the enrage. It makes shadow tanks completely superior in this encounter. And having two of them makes the fight trivial.

Have fun on the dread guards!

Edited by XenTharqua

Funny but I have not seen top guilds use this "smart" strategy.

Then it falls in the category "not an exploit until Bioware says so". But clearly you cannot deny the huge dps gains and the advantage for beating the enrage. It makes shadow tanks completely superior in this encounter. And having two of them makes the fight trivial.

Have fun on the dread guards!

many top guilds dont run any 2 members of an 8 man as the same class, cept 2 mara's 2 snipers, in dps. but others just work with what they have, thanks for the luck btw! besides being able to negate all AoE dmg with resiliance from the lightning phase and using cooldowns approprately after the bubble phase. i admit shadows have a spikyness issue but id call it an issue not so much as a problem, heirad is an issue with aggro swopping yet ciphas proves relativly trivial, and dear kelsara enrage is a bit short otherwise shadows tanks arnt really a problem in this fight for us.

ill admit guardians/sin tank combo would maybe be preferable by some to conserve healers, but thats just the flavor of the month until Bware fixes the spikiness issue then people will find a new class to QQ over...

DiLiH showed flat out class comp means nothing, numbers wise the worst tank and the worst healer for the fight were used and they pulled it off, 2 sin's are better as u have much higher dps than u'll ever get outta a jugg/PT, the tank just need to know when cooldowns are nessasary and when not. popping "everything" at 30% HP in this fight is stupid and watesful, sins are better off using deflection and absorb adrenal at 75% hp as each individually removes the spikes and u get clear patches of realtively spike free damage taken. medpac below 30% as kelsara has a lovely way of a 13k volt slash with a 5k force attack that with a bad RNG roll will wipe the sin out.

16man is another issue, Sin's drop in 16 man as its a lazy design issue from Bware to just scale dmg to the tank rather than distribute the dmg to the raid to keep healer 3 and 4 busy. 8 man or 16 man u still have 1 boss and 1 tank increaseing the amount of dmg to the tank is pointless when u have a disadvantaged class like a shadow. but yeah i spose all the nerfs to shadows have been due to pvp cry babys and not actual class imbalances. if the dmg was distribute accordingly and not just dumped on the tank it would be just as viable. but yeah will see as since now juggs and PT can eat a whole fire pit channel and not die on huttball it wont be long till they get the same treatment as shadows

sin's are spikey but they are viable and do work if the heals/tanks are well drilled and know when to use what and when to expect the spikes. jugg/sin just makes it easier... but thats what alot of peole want. easy win and QQ cause its to easy... u want a challange? dont roll the lazy man win team and learn to use a class properly and to its full potential

Quite an ingenious strategy, and you only need one sin for it - sin tanks boss all the time, vanishes and retaunts when jelous male appears. other tank picks up jelous male /redo till end of fight.

Thanks for the idea.