Was Darth Vadar an idiot?

ellrochell

Right when he first becomes Darth Vader, Sidious is all like go kill the separatists there on Mustafar. Did he not think wait how do you know where there hiding? and yeah they could probably say oh yeah he found out from his republic sources, but when he arrives viceroy is all like been expecting you off Sidious. Could some lore nut clear this up for me? like did vadar actually know palp started the whole war? if so why the hell did he fall for it, yeah yeah you can say it was all about saving the one he loved but at the end of the day it was mainly about saving the republic.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palpatine had been screwing with Anakins mind for a long time and the Jedi council did not fully trust Anakin, after he was manipulated into disarming Windu:D he just did not care anymore and gave into his dark side.

The only thing that could pull him back was his wife who of course died, making Sidious a very happy chappy.

In the future of course his son would pull him back.

but still, sith arnt idiots. He could think to himself oh yeah palp started all this? How can the jedi actually be tratiors to the republic?

He knew about it at the time. Like you said, he was not an idiot. But, at the same time he said in the very movie he will overthrow the new emperor for the good of the galaxy and make himself the new emperor.

He wanted to learn from emperor and then kill him when he has learned everything he can. Anakin has always liked the idea of a empire instead of a republic even before his downfall.

The Sith always knows that the apprentice are the one's that will betray the master, if the master was not strong enough stop the betrayal then the apprentices must be more powerful.

Hell, Vadar has always sought out ways to get rid of the emperor. Palpatine even catches him a few times in the EU.

I think we are also led to believe that anakin was slowly being chewed on by the dark side of the force like a drug addiction, worsening over time, and he wasn't totally aware of its influence until it was too late. It blinded him to a lot of things.

Anakin started out as very pure, but before Obi-wan could really mold him, Palpatine got into his head, constantly made him second guess the jedi teachings.

I hate palpatine more than anyt other character in Star Wars.. but he was a genius at controlling anakin, even turning him to the dark side, and his right hand.

No but looking at the difference in story, 4-6 to 1-3 I believe George Lucas is.

Good call :) I refuse to buy Ep. 3 after I saw it in the cinema because of the stupid ending(s).

(Droids memwiped, Qui-Gon contacts Yoda from beyond death to teach him and Obi-Wan how to become one with the force, Amidala dying after childbirth when Leia tells Luke in RotJ that she remembers their mother, and of course, the Noooooo!)

I think George Lucas started believing his own BS about how "Ep. 4-6" was the "middle trilogy" of a 9-part epic.

Personally, I believe that Anakin was in denial about the dark side of the force. This is shown when he is on Mustafar and Obi-wan tells him he has turned and Anakin says no, that Obi-wan is dark. Finally, when he is officially Vader, he understands that he is dark, but it is to late to go back. Also, he is sith, and you have to focus on the now. If a chance to kill your master arrives, and you want to, you take it. no buts about it.

I used to love Darth Vader. Then the prequels....Now, IMO he is lame.

He is just very emotionally weak.

Lucas knows nothing about human nature. Having served over seas and worked as a firefighter/parmedic for the past several years, working around death makes you rather numb to it.

I am not saying death does not bother you, but you just dont freak out or lose control just because your mom died. You develop more acceptance, "it happens".

So you would think: A "Jedi" that served during wartime, and had no problem chopping off Dookus head would not flip out over his wife possibly dying.

He would be sad but he would cope well, death was a major part fo his life already. He acted like teenage kid with no life experience.

I used to love Darth Vader. Then the prequels....Now, IMO he is lame.

He is just very emotionally weak.

Lucas knows nothing about human nature. Having served over seas and worked as a firefighter/parmedic for the past several years, working around death makes you rather numb to it.

I am not saying death does not bother you, but you just dont freak out or lose control just because your mom died. You develop more acceptance, "it happens".

So you would think: A "Jedi" that served during wartime, and had no problem chopping off Dookus head would not flip out over his wife possibly dying.

He would be sad but he would cope well, death was a major part fo his life already. He acted like teenage kid with no life experience.

Just one difference there, Dooku was the enemy who he didn't like(and he knew it was wrong to kill him) whereas Padme was someone he loved. Plus already Anakin was emotionally unstable in EP 1, even Yoda knows this...plus the fact he also lost his mother in EP 2 doesn't really help him. If he had been taken in as an infant, he would have better control over his emotions.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Just one difference there, Dooku was the enemy who he didn't like(and he knew it was wrong to kill him) whereas Padme was someone he loved. Plus already Anakin was emotionally unstable in EP 1, even Yoda knows this...plus the fact he also lost his mother in EP 2 doesn't really help him. If he had been taken in as an infant, he would have better control over his emotions.

I agree about him being unstable. The fact that he is this emotional train wreck is where i just stop liking him.

I imagine if the war ended and he was home all the time with padme; she would divorce him.

Why she want to live with guy like that, when she could have kit fisto.

Edited by kirorx

I agree about him being unstable. The fact that he is this emotional train wreck is where i just stop liking him.

I imagine if the war ended and he was home all the time with padme; she would divorce him.

Why she want to live with guy like that, when she could have kit fisto.

Except that she couldn't have Kit because Kit was following the code. Duh.

And there are emotionally unstable people in the real world, plenty of them. Ever go to a high school? There are people who freak out in real life because their mother died, or the person they loved was not allowed to love them.

i dont know if this helps but it does explain alot of stuff with anakin being the chosen one.

and makes me appreciate star wars more. plus there are more links to behind the info scenes as well.

then here is one about palpatine:

Edited by Jorelle

i dont know if this helps but it does explain alot of stuff with anakin being the chosen one.

and makes me appreciate star wars more. plus there are more links to behind the info scenes as well.

Love em! Watched em both, I couldn't remember them so thanks for posting.

Question: Was Darth Vader an idiot?

Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Truthfully, I'm only posting here so I don't lose the post quoted below. Looking forward to watching those videos. FWIW, Mathew Stover's novelization of Revenge of the Sith is also very good for fleshing out the story. When you consider what Stover had to work with, his work is really quite amazing.)

Question: Was Darth Vader an idiot?

Answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Truthfully, I'm only posting here so I don't lose the post quoted below. Looking forward to watching those videos. FWIW, Mathew Stover's novelization of Revenge of the Sith is also very good for fleshing out the story. When you consider what Stover had to work with, his work is really quite amazing.)

Yeah. He had to make sense of George Lucas's story. I am reading it now, in fact. Great stuff! Really makes me feel sorry for ol' Anakin. He was being manipulated by Palpatine the way Pally was manipulating pretty much EVERYONE in the Republic, only worse.

Yeah. He had to make sense of George Lucas's story. I am reading it now, in fact. Great stuff! Really makes me feel sorry for ol' Anakin. He was being manipulated by Palpatine the way Pally was manipulating pretty much EVERYONE in the Republic, only worse.

Anakin wasn't the most wisest Jedi ever, he was a Jedi who lived for the day and had a woman he loved without ends. He was a human story told to us though a fantasy setting . Anakin will forever be my favorite Jedi ever !

As for Vadar , he was wise and did think about things . Palpitine just happen to be smarter and always been a character who planed things out way ahead of time and thought it through in many paths so that way he always knew a way to fix the situations. Doesn't make Vadar stupid

Anakin wasn't the most wisest Jedi ever, he was a Jedi who lived for the day and had a woman he loved without ends. He was a human story told to us though a fantasy setting . Anakin will forever be my favorite Jedi ever !

As for Vadar , he was wise and did think about things . Palpitine just happen to be smarter and always been a character who planed things out way ahead of time and thought it through in many paths so that way he always knew a way to fix the situations. Doesn't make Vadar stupid

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Palpatine makes Machiavelli look like pure amateur hour. If you've ever read Machiavelli, you KNOW how insidious he was. George OBVIOUSLY based Palpatine on Machiavelli, then took it to the next level.