Dear Eric Musco , Raid content

Aztian

And for what it's worth, I'd be really happy with a single player Star Wars RPG. But an MMO brings with it other game modes than just "solo questing" -- it's okay that not every game mode is consumed by the majority.

The problem about this is that designing raids is as much effort as if you would design content for the majority.

At the end, it just is not justified to create something with an effort as raids need for a small playerbase raids traditionally address. The only solution is to create gameplay and assets for everyone, adressing an as large audience as possible.

Edited by geschmonz

The problem about this is that designing raids is as much effort as if you would design content for the majority.

At the end, it just is not justified to create something with an effort as raids need for a small playerbase raids traditionally address. The only solution is to create gameplay and assets for everyone, adressing an as large audience as possible.

Sure, I can see that.

What I found appealing with operations in this game was the experience of getting into mumble on X night, chatting with players that had become my friends, and playing the game together. Sometimes we'd tackle harder ops for the challenge. Sometimes we'd to easier ones so we could #%$ off and joke around while playing.

I have no illusion that raids are needed for this game to survive or anything like that. But had they had never existed in this game? That's a whole lot of fun times with online friends I would have not experienced.

Edited by Khevar

Then you wont have group interactions, pvp and flashpoints anymore. There is group play outside of raids.

if you only want to play raids, go and play WoW.

But what if I want pvp, raids, and Star Wars? There's nothing except this. Hence, I'm still here but I'm not happy with the single player RPG EZ mode KotFE direction of this game.

You seem to really be enjoying the fact that the game direction is currently catering to what you want from the game. If that ever changes, and this game goes back to an actual MMO, you'd better be prepared to take just as much as you've been dishing out.

Without Elitist raiders, SM scrubs wouldn't be able to clear HM flashpoints. MMO means group content not solo BS. Your argument is flawed because you think raiders are not an important part of a gaming community. Raiding is essential to an MMO. People want group content not 20 minute story cut scenes.

Raiding is too much human resource simulator and not enough interesting and fun to be anything but niche.

Small group content would be better, with particular focus on that which doesn't require a lot of planning and preparation to even realistically attempt.

Otherwise, what you're actually looking for is a fun and exciting career in human resource management.

"New school" organized raids built based on guild groups in the size of 20 and 10 are dead as well. As .

Ah this word "dead" again. Being that there are topics asking for raids and tons of people running raids currently in game ( a major part of fleet chat during peak time is LFG also ) would tell me that it's not dead in the slightest.

You might not like raiding, that's cool, but don't try push forward fallacies like "raiding is dead" - it's factually not.

Firstly I assume you have some sort of inside knowledge to know how much effort goes into raids? Next you compare the effort of designing raids into designing something you don't even specifically identify? How can you see it takes the same amount of effort if you can't even say what the "content for the majority" even is?

Is it one chapter of KoTFE perhaps? All 16? What is your measure here for a similar effort of design of raids to this "content for the majority"?

One chapter of KoTFE that gets you under an hour gameplay is the content for everyone ... if that was all the content we ever got from now until forever ( because it's content for everyone apparently ) and you were paying $15 a month for it ... how long do you really think this game would survive?

You might think that's a great use of your money but I personally do not.

Raiding is too much human resource simulator and not enough interesting and fun to be anything but niche.

Small group content would be better, with particular focus on that which doesn't require a lot of planning and preparation to even realistically attempt.

Otherwise, what you're actually looking for is a fun and exciting career in human resource management.

Opinion. You don't find it fun and you don't want to hussle with the group creation.

So tactical FPs, amirite?

Otherwise what we do with my crew is raid 2 nights a week, 8-11. As an adult I don't find owerwhelmed to be present 2 nights at 8. And guess what we have a good time during that 3-3 hours.

Raids are usually story tied, so don't expect one before the end of season one of KotFE. I mean, I hope BioWare has leaned from the mistake to tie the operations to hard on the current content (like the Oricon quest line, which they seem to have done better with SoR already), but it will nevertheless keep a tie to the story, so they cannot simply drop a raid in the middle of it. But now wondering, what if they work already on a raid at the end of season 1, maybe some big assault on Zakuul... or the defense of Odessen... and maybe they will tie the recruitment of another companion to that raid somehow.

Raids are usually story tied, so don't expect one before the end of season one of KotFE. I mean, I hope BioWare has leaned from the mistake to tie the operations to hard on the current content (like the Oricon quest line, which they seem to have done better with SoR already), but it will nevertheless keep a tie to the story, so they cannot simply drop a raid in the middle of it. But now wondering, what if they work already on a raid at the end of season 1, maybe some big assault on Zakuul... or the defense of Odessen... and maybe they will tie the recruitment of another companion to that raid somehow.

Oricon is a sidequest, the operations are the storyline. BW didn't do any mistake there. Matter of fact the whole DM arc is secondary storyline.

To be on topic I wouldn't mind if we could get an operation for Malgus retrospectively. He was the main antagonist in the game's trailers and everything related to this game was promoted with him. We're speaking about a truly epic enemy and as that he should get a proper operation to defeat him. Heck even tie in Battle of Illum as well.

Storyvise it could made wonders to this game if the chapter's were somewhat class specific(replayability). This 'one suite fitts for all' won't do any goot for KotFE's second season.

I know others have said it but it needs to be said again. The game needs new raid(s). It gives people something to strive for and something to beat and overcome. My guild is a group of people that have stuck together for years. Raids are like social hour. Something challenging to work together with a large group of friends to try and overcome. Getting gear is a nice bonus but it is not the main appeal of a raid. Flashpoints and small group content just doesn't cut it.

So hopefully there is one in the works because if not I know my guild, and the guilds we pair up with for 16m or to fill empty spots, will eventually just stop playing. Which will be sad because I personally love the game. Can only run the existing raids so many times before things get stale. Need new raids.

I know others have said it but it needs to be said again. The game needs new raid(s). It gives people something to strive for and something to beat and overcome. My guild is a group of people that have stuck together for years. Raids are like social hour. Something challenging to work together with a large group of friends to try and overcome. Getting gear is a nice bonus but it is not the main appeal of a raid. Flashpoints and small group content just doesn't cut it.

So hopefully there is one in the works because if not I know my guild, and the guilds we pair up with for 16m or to fill empty spots, will eventually just stop playing. Which will be sad because I personally love the game. Can only run the existing raids so many times before things get stale. Need new raids.

Agreed peepa!

TBH, even if they move away from raids, I'm ok with that, as long as they come up with some sort of new dynamic group content. It's not that I think raids are the only thing players can do, it's just that that is the only large GROUP activity this game has.

Agreed peepa!

TBH, even if they move away from raids, I'm ok with that, as long as they come up with some sort of new dynamic group content. It's not that I think raids are the only thing players can do, it's just that that is the only large GROUP activity this game has.

The more I think about it the more I think we need episodic raid content.

Basically nothing stopping them adding 1 x 1-2 boss raids every month and the story progresses as thought each mini raid were part of a larger raid.

So not just a simple boss fight like TC but a bit of story, some trash clear - first boss, more story, more trash - final boss. Sort of a in between of flashpoints and operations but you are linking it over time as though it were one big story based raid - maybe every 3 mini raids =1 story arc then you start another.

Think if they did that every 2 months you would have 6 mini raids in a year on top of this story content and I think creating it in bite size chunks like that would appeal to a broad portion of the player base far more than 1-2+ hour raids currently do.

Also if they never did HM raids again so be it, lets be honest and say it's really niche content and requires extra development ( and rage for being under/over tuned from the niche that do it often ) so if directing more focus into more raids meant SM only I would be happy with this.