Maintenance: March 14th, 2019 *UPDATE*

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, March 14th in order to apply Game Update 5.10.1a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 14 March 2019

TIME: 6:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1300 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.10.1a

Patch Notes will be available on Wednesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Dev Post

Patch notes will be published on the web end of day Monday most likely, but I wanted to give you a heads up on what is changing!

• Companions will no longer show up more than once in the Companions and Contacts list after using the autocomplete functions when beginning KOTFE, KOTET, or Jedi Under Siege. Players who were already in this state have had the duplicates removed.
  • Sith Warriors who have Vette as an active Companion will no longer experience intermittent game freezing.
  • Companions whose influence level disappeared have been restored to their correct Influence level.
  • Issues with some companions becoming unsummonable have been corrected.
  • The World Bosses on Ossus will now really award proper kill credit for “Flesh and Steel” and “Masterwork Data Crystal” Missions.

-eric

Any chance the problem of companions not attacking a target over 30 meters away being addressed in that patch?

This please, it's extremely annoying to have to keep toggling passive mode on and off to make ranged companions move. Given how big of a part companions play in the game, we really need this fixed.

Eric,

This quote is yours from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9704184#post9704184

Hey folks,

The team has narrowed down exactly what caused the Companion influence issue and we believe we have a fix for it. The current plan is that we will have that fix in our next patch, which I do not currently have timing on. I will provide more info there as I have it.

One note is that when we fix it one of two things will happen. Either we will restore the companion to their prior Influence or it will remain at its current value, whichever is higher at the time.

Thanks all.

-eric

Any chance this is also being fixed this Tuesday?

I think Eric's 3rd bullitpoint is about the influence some (or a lot?) companions lost a couple of weeks ago,

Not about the people who used a Commander's Compendium on companions last December.

Why I think that? Because my companion never lost it's influence when giving her the Commander's Compendium. She just never gained any influence.

And a few weeks ago after a patch (prob the last one) some companions across multiple characters lost influence, probably were reset to influence 1.

Edited by Magsel

This please, it's extremely annoying to have to keep toggling passive mode on and off to make ranged companions move. Given how big of a part companions play in the game, we really need this fixed.

This has indeed become tedious :rolleyes:

I think Eric's 3rd bullitpoint is about the influence some (or a lot?) companions lost a couple of weeks ago,

Not about the people who used a Commander's Compendium on companions last December.

Why I think that? Because my companion never lost it's influence when giving her the Commander's Compendium. She just never gained any influence.

And a few weeks ago after a patch (prob the last one) some companions across multiple characters lost influence, probably were reset to influence 1.

The post by Eric you quoted earlier has nothing to do with the Commander's Compendium though. That thread was talking about the duplicate companions being restored and having zero influence which is what Eric's third bullet point in the OP of this thread is referencing.

Eric? Will the issues with Nadia be fixed with this patch or not yet? My shadow tank can't do Ossus and get the gear and get the data crystals because of the voice lines being deleted, Nadia being unsummonable and her not moving even when given a command.

(Mind you, these are all issue I myself have not experienced. I have waited with my shadow because I have been waiting for 4 years since 4.0 for Nadia to return, only to read on the forums and other star wars chats that there were massive bugs with Nadia. So just asking to see if these issues have already been fixed or will be. Also if there is anyone in the community who has recently taken a consular through and there are no issues with Nadia, please let me know. Thanks! :D )

3 months? O.o

Um....this issue has been in game since 4.0.

And yes, will it be finally be fixed?

The ranged comp issue being referred to is new since 5.10 and is an entirely new and different issue stacked on top of the existing ones. It is dramatically worse / more noticeable than the long standing ranged comp issues.

If a ranged comp is in combat but is >30m from target, it will stand still and do nothing rather than move itself within 30m to begin using abilities. It used to run into range, it no longer does.

Edited by michaelcshow

Patch notes will be published on the web end of day Monday most likely, but I wanted to give you a heads up on what is changing!

• Companions will no longer show up more than once in the Companions and Contacts list after using the autocomplete functions when beginning KOTFE, KOTET, or Jedi Under Siege. Players who were already in this state have had the duplicates removed.
  • Sith Warriors who have Vette as an active Companion will no longer experience intermittent game freezing.
  • Companions whose influence level disappeared have been restored to their correct Influence level.
  • Issues with some companions becoming unsummonable have been corrected.
  • The World Bosses on Ossus will now really award proper kill credit for “Flesh and Steel” and “Masterwork Data Crystal” Missions.

-eric

just laughable how it takes so long to fix this guessing how you guys works wouldnt be surprised if it still not fix this tuesday and also what your all gonna break

• Dev Post
Any chance the problem of companions not attacking a target over 30 meters away being addressed in that patch?

This will not be fixed in this patch. We definitely understand this is a big issue, on our side it is also a pretty large undertaking to resolve. We have people actively working on the fix but I would not expect it super soon. I do not believe it is in 5.10.2 (our next major patch) but it is in the works to hopefully come thereafter.

I will provide more details as I get them.

-eric

The ranged comp issue being referred to is new since 5.10 and is an entirely new and different issue stacked on top of the existing ones. It is dramatically worse / more noticeable than the long standing ranged comp issues.

If a ranged comp is in combat but is >30m from target, it will stand still and do nothing rather than move itself within 30m to begin using abilities. It used to run into range, it no longer does.

I know. This issue has been there since 4.0. Before 4.0 any ranged companion outside of 30m would run to 30m and start using abilities. After 4.0, and ever since, if they are outside of 30m they will just stand there and do nothing. The only way to get them to do something is to rag the mobs within range of them or to put them on passive and then toggle it. This is a issue I have been having since 4.0. Along with them removing Vette's "Yippee!!!" and Kaylio's "Dibs on the head!" or Kira's "I one up you master." or Nadia's yell. All these issues happened with 4.0. (When they deleted the original companion coding. (Btw that's a personal hypothesis based on missing companion voice lines and text and interactions that are still present ingame up to KOTFE, and then missing afterwards.)

Also the issue with melee or ranged companions not doing anything with healer classes until they are told to attack or the healer is hit, has also been there since 4.0. (I run dailys and heroics with mom and sister who are both healers, and they have had this issue for years.)

Edited by Lakemine

I do not believe it is in 5.10.2 (our next major patch) but it is in the works to hopefully come thereafter.

-eric

Wow...I appreciate the honesty...I'm very disappointed in that answer, but I truly appreciate you finally addressing it and I hope it's fixed soon.

Wow...I appreciate the honesty...I'm very disappointed in that answer, but I truly appreciate you finally addressing it and I hope it's fixed soon.

Same here. It is sad such game breaking (at least game experience ruiner) bug is going to take that long to get fixed... Well, at least it is going to get fixed (hopefully) at some points.

EDIT: typo

Edited by JessieStar

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on timing. We need a bit more time to finalize the patch and to verify all of the fixes that we have listed above. We are going to be moving the maintenance to Thursday, same time window.

Thanks everyone. I will work on getting all messaging updated to reflect the change.

-eric

Issues with some companions becoming unsummonable have been corrected.

Does this include Darth Marr and possibly other companions that we can get temporarily when playing chapters and leaving their instance?

Pretty please?

This will not be fixed in this patch. We definitely understand this is a big issue, on our side it is also a pretty large undertaking to resolve. We have people actively working on the fix but I would not expect it super soon. I do not believe it is in 5.10.2 (our next major patch) but it is in the works to hopefully come thereafter.

I will provide more details as I get them.

-eric

Thanks for the update and appreciate the response, i know a lot of folks getting flustered by this issue would love to see it fixed soon