Most cruel or messed up choices you could make?

MrNihulus

Dromund Kaas, general quests:

Taking the dark-side decision in Lord Grathan's estate when dealing with those, um... "droids."

Context:

Those droids are actually soldiers. Living, breathing people. Or they were, until they got captured by Grathan and had their brains ripped out and put into droids. The one you talk to is just coherent enough to realize what's happened to him. He says such cutesy and pleasant things like "I can see my own dead body on the surgical table over there..." (and players can, too. Obviously there's no blood, nor is there a giant hole in the poor guy's head, but it's horrifying as all get-out nonetheless.)

He's starting to lose his sentience, and he tells you that the others have lost theirs, as well. It's implied that they're still aware of pain, however...and the poor guy you talk to is in agony. He begs you to shut down the droids, mercy-killing all of the former soldiers.

Light-side: mercy-kill them.

Dark-side: reprogram them to serve the Empire.

You force them to live out the rest of their existence (can't really call it a "life") in abject torturous pain, aware of nothing else but their programming and that constant, horrific agony. As cannon fodder.

Holy. Living. Crap.

Confession: I avoid that quest whenever I go to Dromund Kaas now. It's just too viscerally disturbing even on the light-side path! D:

Edited by Jagaimee

Belsavis Planetary Story-Line end for Republic. You can let the galaxy go to hell <dark side choice) for a promise of some future gift on Ilum that isn't even worth it.

I remember that quest, they give you a pair of green quality gloves or a green lockbox. It makes sense because some villains would lie to you about the rewards.

Lord Grathan's droids...that one is nightmare-inducing. Definitely gets my vote for most messed up.

Two more that are bad, but not as bad as that:

Imperial Nar Shaddaa bonus quest, one of the gangsters offers to blow up a Republic ship that's evacuating families, and IIRC they specifically specify children. If you take the Dark Side choice and have the families killed -

the Dark Council's representative is extremely upset with you. Even the Dark Council's not okay with that.

There's a similar one on Taris where you can choose to have a ship full of evacuees trapped in the spaceport and basically burned to death/blown up.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Lord Grathan's droids...that one is nightmare-inducing. Definitely gets my vote for most messed up.

Two more that are bad, but not as bad as that:

Imperial Nar Shaddaa bonus quest, one of the gangsters offers to blow up a Republic ship that's evacuating families, and IIRC they specifically specify children. If you take the Dark Side choice and have the families killed -

the Dark Council's representative is extremely upset with you. Even the Dark Council's not okay with that.

There's a similar one on Taris where you can choose to have a ship full of evacuees trapped in the spaceport and basically burned to death/blown up.

Well, unless I'm remembering wrong, I think they were more upset that you ruined their plans on Nar Shadda rather than the moral ramifications of blowing up the transports full of civilians.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 1 year later...
The BH quest where you have to kill Nem'ro's former accountant, He was a helpless old man begging for his life, and you could just kill him and put his head in a bag. You then have to go talk to his wife, one of the lines of dialogue for the PC is "Look what I found in the swamp!" While holding the bag. She starts screaming at you and I don't know what happens next because I then exited the conversation and reset the quest. Edited by JediMasterGaron

Jedi Knight, Tython.

Sleep with the Matriarch's daughter, then slap her.

Not a Galaxy-scale atrocity, but a major d-bag move.

Consular-drive Imperial scientists insane on Hoth just out of sheer spite (with a comment like "The Empire has lot of mad scientists. What's a few more?").

Agent: brutal beatings of aliens. Very disturbing to look at.

• 2 weeks later...

Letting the civilians burn in the hangars of Taris' Reclamation base, at the end of the Imperial storyline. Choosing to shut down the power at the hospital in Axial Park, resulting in the short and brutal deaths of the people that were kept alive there. Empire storyline again. Destroying the mesas of Makeb still with Regulator presence on them (and a lot of civilians as well), once more at the end of the Imperial storyline. Choosing to have the captured padawans executed at the end of the Assault of Tython flashpoint, imp version. Choosing to blow up the bombs Kaliyo has set up around the city of Zakuul at the end of Chapter 10.

From the class stories - I remember you could snap the neck of an unconscious woman at the end of the JK Alderaan class story. Oh, and I still remember the end of the Belsavis SW class story - you could force the Jedi Master to kill Baras' sister, threatening him you would just have her released after he leaves.

Edited by starwarsfansix