EA and Origin

Yasenova

So just set up a SWTOR account. How do I know what my sign in is for EA and Origin? I don't currently have either but was under the understanding that when you create a SWTOR account one is created for you?

Your automatically generated Origin account uses your swtor email and password for login.

You should log in there once to set up security features like secret question, one time password or security key, since those aren't activated by default. After that there is no need to ever access it again. That account doesn't really serve any purpose for us players, unless we decide to use it to buy other games on Origin.

Edited by Mubrak

Ok, so does it take a couple of days. And what is the purpose? I know EA is just the billing agent.

The EA/Origin account is created immediately. If you already have an Origin account and are logged in when you create a swtor account, then Swtor will use the existing orign account, otherwise a dummy account is created.

Swtor.com uses EA/Origin's login server for authentication. You don't get a welcome mail from Origin. Officially nobody ever told us that the origin account even exists. Guess EA simply wants to have all user accounts in one place while still maintaining a separate website for Swtor.

Also: EA isn't just the billing agent. Bioware is a subsidiary of EA.

Edited by Mubrak

Well, It's weird then because my email from SWTOR shows no credentials at EA so IDK. I guess if all EA does is bill then no worries. Also, what is Origin's Purpose?

Its like a Steam account, you can purchase stuff there like games etc. With your EA account you can just access the game (well technically you can also buy stuff on EA website) and most importantly you can access game support on the EA website. So its kinda divided, but you can see the EA account just for swtor and the Origin account for other stuff.

Well, It's weird then because my email from SWTOR shows no credentials at EA so IDK. I guess if all EA does is bill then no worries. Also, what is Origin's Purpose?

From the emails and also the bottom of this very page:

"BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. "

And as merovejec said, Origin is yet another platform to buy and download games, like Steam or GOG.

Edited by Mubrak