Tactics for 2nd boss of Copero HM

Hello everyone,

We were having a bit of difficulty and not being sure what's the proper way of dealing with the situation myself, I hope someone here will be able to enlighten me.

Problem is the sub-30% part of Syndic Zenta. If I try to tank the adds, they seem to make short work of the group. I don't seem to be able to do dodge stuff nearly enough to properly avoid everything. Add the pulls some adds have to this, and you get a real mess.

What we did end up doing was that tank+healer stayed up on the catwalks, I was not really tanking anything, but we were both just running around, kiting the adds and trying to not get caught in the plasma probes. This resulted in a pretty clean kill of the boss, but it might have only been luck. I'm not quite sure of the exact mechanics near the end of that boss and I very much wouldn't like to give bad advice to anyone.

So question is, what mechanics are there to watch out for near the end of the fight and what's the best way of dealing with them?

Edited by Schoock

The boss jumps down at ca. 25%. At 30% we kill all remaining adds (excluding the droids, we never kill them) and trigger the final phase. Normally we have two add waves before doing that. If group dps is lower you may want to wait for a third wave to avoid having them spawn shortly before the finale phase. As a tank try to have mass taunt and defensives for the finale phase. Heal and Tank can kite the adds with jumping down and going back up. Dps focus damage on Boss, you can ignore the big AoE with Saber Reflect, resilience and guarded by the force. Others may work, too, but did not try yet.

The tactic is to burn the boss while the tank tries (its very hard to do) to gather adds on him while healer heals only tank.

The only thing to watch out for is the BIG aoe the boss does. She makes a cast, after it ends small sphere appear around her and then there is lightining all over the place. You have to run from her in this phase, the attack is not infinite, 30m range. The idea is to burn boss before she does the second aoe attack.

There will be many things that will be damaging you, boss places plasma probes on target with highest aggro and those dont disappear so fast. The 2 droids on sides make frontal long range attacks, hitting all in its path, 2 droids are doing the same mechanic as the 4 droids at boss 1 (they pull you to them and damage you).

So yes, a lot is going on, but as I said, under ideal conditions, the dps jump down, burn boss (even rdps jumps down to lure the adds from above down) the tank keeps aggro on everything and then aoe taunts the adds that run down from top. Healer heals tank. If all goes well the dps will be free to burn boss and its pretty fast since boss jumps down when she is at 20%.

PS.: I killed the boss with 3 ppl and one dps companion and also just 2 people with 2 companions, so its not that hard.

Edited by merovejec

What I've done is once she hits the burn phase I just taunt adds, keep her on me and kite them, if I have DCDs I pop them up but usually during that phase DPS burn only boss and afterwards we deal with the adds, I do my best to kite and use DCDs appropriately.

Thanks for the responses. It looks like kiting the adds around in the last phase is the solution.

I usually try to kill the two weak droids at least, it's them who throw these stupid plasma probes under your feet.

Depending on the group setup and damage potential of the two DPS, it also works to have one melee and tank kill the adds, while the rDPS kills the boss.

I usually try to kill the two weak droids at least, it's them who throw these stupid plasma probes under your feet.

Depending on the group setup and damage potential of the two DPS, it also works to have one melee and tank kill the adds, while the rDPS kills the boss.

ever heard of not standing in stupid... if yes then why kill the adds? benefit is close to zero as you just prolong the burn phase that way.

and its not really hard to kite them for like 20 sec of burn phase if healer and tank are not "special" people :)

ever heard of not standing in stupid... if yes then why kill the adds? benefit is close to zero as you just prolong the burn phase that way.

and its not really hard to kite them for like 20 sec of burn phase if healer and tank are not "special" people :)

With a full premade of friends or guild buddies, that boss is not really a problem, though the healer still doesn't mind the droids being killed at all. :p

Even as tank these weak droids are more or less two-hits, so why not lessen the stress of these plasma probes put everywhere that easy, while still kiting the rest. I run past them anyway.

After all some ranged classes and healers do have to stand still to cast at some point, the tank is not the only one who gets those fire circles, as those droids don't run with the pack of adds being kited.

Next to not standing in fire, those 2 weak droids simply can be killed with out any effort the moment they spawn and avoid that risk to the group from the start.

As for 20 seconds burn phase, you need to have good DPS with you then.

Unfortunately, that is rarely the case via groupfinder...

For the (one) mdps staying upstairs, well, after I've seen so many players jump right into the electrocution thing, I rather have them upstairs helping with the adds, if they don't add to the boss damage anyway. Because with most PUGs, often enough the next wave of adds will come anyway and sometimes even the one after that.

In the end the important thing is the boss is dead and in best case with the whole group still alive, I don't care how long it takes.

I simply described what worked with most of my GF groups and the plasma probes from the droids are what kills lots of people there, even before the group is risked to be overrun with adds.

i know all af this :) but defensive cooldowns are a nice thing especially for mdds to jump down instantly.

and sure as tank you can kill them easily, thats why i suggest for the mdps to go down instantly if he is (imp)sentinel or (imp)shadow or (imp)guardian #guarded #resiliance #saber ward+focused defense... for (rep)operatives or (rep)PT i too would suggest to wait for blitztingy to end.

but must be really bad at imp tulak hord nowadays if you get 3 waves of adds... something isnt right ;)

With a full premade of friends or guild buddies, that boss is not really a problem,

Well I managed to do 11 runs by myself, doing the FPS just with people I got over group finder (rest I did with 1 or 2 friends, but we still got at least 1 pug, but mostly 2 pugs). Many times we even done it with 3 ppl and 1 companion. Using a companion is easy on all bosses, mainly if he is rdps.

I downed 2nd boss even with 2 ppl 2 companion combination. Yes, it was messy a few times, but I think its mainly due to the rating limitation that you dont get total beginners. Still, we did fail often, but since I qued as tank and the problem was mostly in dps it wasnt hard to replace the people if they left.

i really seek ppl for this mmFP

im in malgus server rep side

char name Defector DPS, i think i can tank it too (got both 248 sets tank and dps auged)

wanna do all the 25 runs include the bonus boss in platform.

add me to your FL for it if

thnx for reading.

The thing with the "achievement hunting" in such a case is to do it at launch.

As soon as the thing is out the achievement hunters will be doing it. The problem on DM is that most such people play imp side so you will have little chances of getting a pop rep side. I did it on my Assasin tank, cause I had to que imp side for a pop, for better players and to even get a pop. Also as a tank you pretty much carry the group on the bonus boss so......

Now, the people that went after the 25x runs already have it, so you will have it difficult now.