Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MuskyBoy
07.20.2017 , 05:09 PM | #61
But surely if crates are going to drop golds then they should come as unassembled. Nothing is more annoying then getting repeat pieces which you don't need, especially LHS items which you can't even rip out mods and enhancements and move them to alts. Either have 248's drop or don't I really don't care but if you do please make the pieces which drop unassembled.

santafaye
07.20.2017 , 05:13 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric
so its like your forcing us to PVP ..so not cool

masterceil
07.20.2017 , 05:17 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
Hi Eric,

At launch we used to have the valor missions from ilum that were scrapped. Is it possible to bring these back? It could help to encourage more people to use the pvp instances. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same mission we had on Ilum (wouldn't mind that though). If more planets could be incorporated that could be a good thing as well.

Those missions could serve as another place to earn valor, UC and promote OWPVP in game again.
+1, would endorse on the Suggestions board. My guild is about to gauge interest in OWPvP, and this would ice the cake a bit : )
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Exly
07.20.2017 , 05:19 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
So your upset that Legendary rank gear is too hard to get or too rare? Artifact Tier 4 should be more then enough. It shouldn't be that easy to get Legendary rank gear so I have no issues with what they have setup. All he admitted to doing was that no changes to Tier 4 drop rates were made. I thought it was perfectly clear from Day 1 that Legendary Rank would have a very low drop rate.
Lol, I opened 25 cxp pack last night and got no 246 or 248 gear. I did get four 244 head pieces, but that didn't exactly make things any better.

The drop rates are abysmal, and while you may prefer to come to BioWares aid and school me on what's up, I don't care if you think I am out of line.

masterceil
07.20.2017 , 05:21 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
But you can gear via operations now as you used to be able to which, if I remember correctly, was one of your major complaints of the gearing system previously.

So now that you can gear how you used to be able to gear (better I believe as there are more drops than prior to 5.x?) via operations what exactly is your issue?

If they made legendary gear super easy to get via PVP/GSF would you or others not then be complaining about how under valued the best gear from operations has become?
Did NiM bosses not each drop a UA back in the day? At least in 3.x..?
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

MeNaCe-NZ
07.20.2017 , 05:54 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Decidion View Post
That is just it... compared to PVE only players, legendary gear is at least realistically possible, even to the worst PVP'ers in the game. If you don't (or can't for whatever reason) run NiM content, as a PVE'er, no matter how much you play or invest in the game, a full set of legendary gear is realistically unobtainable.

The point isn't whether you need it or not, but the fact that after doing all the PVE content the game has to offer, multiple times, what other goal might there be?
This harkens back to the bolster "discussion" topic ( as in we discuss and BWA ignores us) imo and my view that PVP shouldn't have stat based gear.
I won't go into it here but have a read and contribute your views if you have not done so already.

If you've done ALL the PVE content the game has to offer and can't/won't do NiM why do you then need legendary gear (again, assuming a smarter PVP system than what we have - these issues are related imo)?
You would just re-run content again just to get gear you don't need and won't really use?

I personally believe if you reach a point where the content itself isn't enjoyable and you have to rely on artificial goals like "gear" as a reason for playing it's time to take a break and play something else.

Kalarie
07.20.2017 , 06:07 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread...snip

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...926155&page=71

Eric, y'all forgot about the pvp thread. Just wanted to get it back on your rotation since Icy's sub runs out mid august. Would like something before that preferably.
Astronamer
"Foster" legacy
Astrosquad Guild

TUXs
07.20.2017 , 06:28 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
But you can gear via operations now as you used to be able to which, if I remember correctly, was one of your major complaints of the gearing system previously.

So now that you can gear how you used to be able to gear (better I believe as there are more drops than prior to 5.x?) via operations what exactly is your issue?

If they made legendary gear super easy to get via PVP/GSF would you or others not then be complaining about how under valued the best gear from operations has become?
I've never complained about gear being easy to get. I think it makes the game better the more toons a player has geared. PvE is back to where it was (mostly), but PvP gearing sucks.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Lord_Rezo
07.20.2017 , 06:39 PM | #69
I opened today between 55-60 tier 4 boxes and got 5 tier4 pieces, was i lucky or is it this the normal chance?

Because if this is the normal rate.. i dont think pieces are that "rare".
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goalan
The world is what you make of it. If you break down real life it can be just a grind too. Or you could go through life and enjoy the journey, and beauty of it all.

MeNaCe-NZ
07.20.2017 , 06:52 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I've never complained about gear being easy to get. I think it makes the game better the more toons a player has geared. PvE is back to where it was (mostly), but PvP gearing sucks.
Which is why PVP gearing needs to be scrapped.