Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chelz's Avatar


Chelz
07.10.2017 , 01:58 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
What they should do is bring things back to the way they were before the horror of 5.0. Players were telling them on the forums from the second they announced the game altering gearing changes that it wouldn't work out well, it goes against the way things have been more or less since the game started. But they went thru with the changes anyways, and and everyone's unhappy with it for the most part, both casuals and those who do end game group content.

BIS gearing has always been about doing end game group content, not about RNG boxes. They should just remove the command crate system entirely and go back to the way things were in prior versions of the game. Most players would be much happier with that.


Grim,

I understand that the HM/Nim raider's want exclusive rights to 248 gear drops because we are the ones who both need the gear and do the hardest PvE content. After all, you do not need 248's to sit in your SH and craft right? I do share your frustration believe me. It drives me crazy as well seeing someone standing on fleet in full 248's that can't even gear themselves correctly and after looking at their achievements you realize they have not done one single op to deserve the gear they have, meanwhile we are busting our tails in HM/NIM ops for the junk token drops they left us with. I agree with most of what you said, and for the most part, being a raider myself, liked the way the old way of gearing was.

The 5.0 Beta team, I also being one, told the devs the new RnG system would not work and they would lose subs if they rolled it out the way it was but they did not listen and those premonitions came true sadly. They made it the PRIMARY way to get gear in this game. Raiding and PvP are now the secondary ways to get gear along with everything else. Which obviously is taken some time to get use to. It is a tough pill to swallow isn't it? let me repeat that, because I think you missed the concept not only in this thread but in others as well. RnG Is the primary way to get gear since 5.0 hit. All other ways are secondary. That means yes, you can do anything in this game and have a chance to get a 248 drop. I understand you want to go back to having those exclusive rights to all higher end gear, sign me up as well please, but that is not happening and not what this person's post was about. It was about, and you can read it again if you wish, the drop rates of 248's which are stupid low, almost impossible. No amount of wishing on your part is going to change that my friend. Believe me though, I understand your gripe.

I do nothing but raid. I do the higher PvE content and the drop rates and terrible for me as well. Your argument is if you want this gear, do the harder content correct? I am, and the drop rates still suck. In the old system I would be full 248's in the 100's of ops I have run in the last few months, I am not even close in this system.

RnG is here to stay for the immediate future and they need to fix the drop rates for all of us. Because he is right, it is neither reasonable nor fair.

SentinelThain's Avatar


SentinelThain
07.10.2017 , 04:08 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post
Grim,

I understand that the HM/Nim raider's want exclusive rights to 248 gear drops because we are the ones who both need the gear and do the hardest PvE content. After all, you do not need 248's to sit in your SH and craft right? I do share your frustration believe me. It drives me crazy as well seeing someone standing on fleet in full 248's that can't even gear themselves correctly and after looking at their achievements you realize they have not done one single op to deserve the gear they have, meanwhile we are busting our tails in HM/NIM ops for the junk token drops they left us with. I agree with most of what you said, and for the most part, being a raider myself, liked the way the old way of gearing was.

The 5.0 Beta team, I also being one, told the devs the new RnG system would not work and they would lose subs if they rolled it out the way it was but they did not listen and those premonitions came true sadly. They made it the PRIMARY way to get gear in this game. Raiding and PvP are now the secondary ways to get gear along with everything else. Which obviously is taken some time to get use to. It is a tough pill to swallow isn't it? let me repeat that, because I think you missed the concept not only in this thread but in others as well. RnG Is the primary way to get gear since 5.0 hit. All other ways are secondary. That means yes, you can do anything in this game and have a chance to get a 248 drop. I understand you want to go back to having those exclusive rights to all higher end gear, sign me up as well please, but that is not happening and not what this person's post was about. It was about, and you can read it again if you wish, the drop rates of 248's which are stupid low, almost impossible. No amount of wishing on your part is going to change that my friend. Believe me though, I understand your gripe.

I do nothing but raid. I do the higher PvE content and the drop rates and terrible for me as well. Your argument is if you want this gear, do the harder content correct? I am, and the drop rates still suck. In the old system I would be full 248's in the 100's of ops I have run in the last few months, I am not even close in this system.

RnG is here to stay for the immediate future and they need to fix the drop rates for all of us. Because he is right, it is neither reasonable nor fair.
Nobody should be denied any content if your a sub.Sorry but that's the way it is.If your putting in the time,surely it shouldn't matter how your doing it,your still doing it.I do a mixture of it all,ops,fp.pvp.I'm, sorry but I don't care how you get crates it's whats in them that matters,and it's just plain broken atm.This is the system we have ,and saying we shouldn't get 248 gear out of the crates because of the method used getting them is just stupid.
Trust me as I've said in other threads,I have my main in full BiS.The whole rng fest is horrible if you don't want to be stuck playing 1 toon all the time.It's rigged and the reward for our efforts is nowhere near reasonable or fair.
That's my whole point.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
07.10.2017 , 04:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelThain View Post
Nobody should be denied any content if your a sub.Sorry but that's the way it is.If your putting in the time,surely it shouldn't matter how your doing it,your still doing it.I do a mixture of it all,ops,fp.pvp.I'm, sorry but I don't care how you get crates it's whats in them that matters,and it's just plain broken atm.This is the system we have ,and saying we shouldn't get 248 gear out of the crates because of the method used getting them is just stupid.
Trust me as I've said in other threads,I have my main in full BiS.The whole rng fest is horrible if you don't want to be stuck playing 1 toon all the time.It's rigged and the reward for our efforts is nowhere near reasonable or fair.
That's my whole point.
Nobody's being denied any content there. Anyone with a sub can do HM and NiM as they please.

The fact that you see gear rewards as content is funny.

Personally I don't mind that anyone can get BiS gear. The dumb thing is that it's easier to get BiS gear by NOT doing NiM content. That's the part that I think is incorrect.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Chelz's Avatar


Chelz
07.10.2017 , 04:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelThain View Post
Nobody should be denied any content if your a sub.Sorry but that's the way it is.If your putting in the time,surely it shouldn't matter how your doing it,your still doing it.I do a mixture of it all,ops,fp.pvp.I'm, sorry but I don't care how you get crates it's whats in them that matters,and it's just plain broken atm.This is the system we have ,and saying we shouldn't get 248 gear out of the crates because of the method used getting them is just stupid.
Trust me as I've said in other threads,I have my main in full BiS.The whole rng fest is horrible if you don't want to be stuck playing 1 toon all the time.It's rigged and the reward for our efforts is nowhere near reasonable or fair.
That's my whole point.
I am not sure there is a complete thought anyway in this. Did you write it on your phone or something? I am at a loss trying to comprehend anything in it. You quoted me on your reply but did not read a word of what I wrote apparently. One of the two things I did decipher however is that people are being denied content and you think that RnG is Rigged? Which again, has nothing to do with what I said.

Decidion's Avatar


Decidion
07.18.2017 , 03:24 PM | #25
Anyone notice any difference with the 5.3/5.3a patch? I've been away so haven't been opening crates, but obviously this isn't something they will announce as evidenced by the stealth nerf in 5.2.

Vodamin's Avatar


Vodamin
07.18.2017 , 03:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
How sad for you. Really! you really need 248 gear for the game to be fun for you?

Well my level 70 characters running around in 230 gear must really be the most un-fun characters out there still in game.

Maybe BW should just remove all gear above 230 from the game and give something different in command crates and from operation bosses.
Says the guy who does not run Gods of machines HM or any other NiM operation.
You know other people have different interests than roleplaying obi wan on fleet?
PvP is cancer.

jpscjpsc's Avatar


jpscjpsc
07.18.2017 , 04:20 PM | #27
Out of curiosity how important is having 248 gear over 244/246?

Specifically for somebody who is happy with MM FPs and SM/HM ops.

ThadiusMoor's Avatar


ThadiusMoor
07.18.2017 , 04:31 PM | #28
Hello!

Someone on the first page said that expecting to get full gold tier 4 just from command crates only is just setting yourself up for failure... Well, I am going to have to disagree with you strongy, although I will admit it relies entirely on RNG and alot of crate grinding.

Gulkishar Moor
Jedi Watchman Sentinel
Level 70 with avg ilvl 247
The Harbinger Server

All I am missing now is one implant, both relics, and boots. (I have 246's)

Granted, if galactic command didn't have a cap at 300, I'd be somewhere in the 700's or higher by now, but out of the some 400+ crates I have opened since scoring 300 command, at least half of those were before the tier 4 expansion.

That leaves around 200 total crates I've opened since the tier 4 expansion. From those, I have looted a total of 27 ilvl 248 items. I got 2 more mainhands just yesterday, so as far as I am seeing, the patch broke nothing for me.

Here is what I got altogether, up to today: (248's only, I've gotten far too many 244/246 items to list)

6 Mainhands
3 Offhands
2 Helmets
2 Chests
2 Gloves
1 Belt
1 Leggings
1 Bracers
2 Alacracy Ear Pieces
1 Crit Ear Piece
1 Crit Implant
2 Use Effect: Power Relic
2 Use Effect: Alacracy Relic
1 Chance % Trigger Crit Relic

I'd say that's a pretty damn good haul, giving an average drop percentage of somewhere around 13.5%.
That seems quite fine to me. I don't see any issue at all. You just have bum luck my friend, which sucks for you.
Read this thread: New Conquest System: First Impressions
Click here to use my refer a friend link! Thanks in advance!

Click here to read about the refer a friend program!

ThadiusMoor's Avatar


ThadiusMoor
07.18.2017 , 04:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Personally I don't mind that anyone can get BiS gear. The dumb thing is that it's easier to get BiS gear by NOT doing NiM content. That's the part that I think is incorrect.
I really agree with your statement.

NiM ops should be the ONLY source of BiS gear.

What they should do now is introduce tier 5 gear, and make the ONLY source of it be NiM ops.

Tier 5 - 256 ilvl Legendary Gear (max stats for full set = +15% above that of 248 full gear set)

That would make everyone happy, and return the exclusivity and presitge to being someone who clears NiM ops. Having a full set of 256 ilvl gear would be the symbol of excellence that can ONLY come from the hardest content.
Read this thread: New Conquest System: First Impressions
Click here to use my refer a friend link! Thanks in advance!

Click here to read about the refer a friend program!

Decidion's Avatar


Decidion
07.18.2017 , 05:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ThadiusMoor View Post
I really agree with your statement.

NiM ops should be the ONLY source of BiS gear.

What they should do now is introduce tier 5 gear, and make the ONLY source of it be NiM ops.

Tier 5 - 256 ilvl Legendary Gear (max stats for full set = +15% above that of 248 full gear set)

That would make everyone happy, and return the exclusivity and presitge to being someone who clears NiM ops. Having a full set of 256 ilvl gear would be the symbol of excellence that can ONLY come from the hardest content.
This wont work for the simple reason the PVP'ers would be screaming. If BioWare hadn't made the insanely poor decision to do away with PVP gear, then this would be viable. But what would happen is that some PVP'ers actually do NiM PVE content and would be OP (or so the rest of the PVP crowd would cry) and those non-PVE PVP'ers wouldn't get their BiS gear. Now with Keith (who heavily favors PVP) at the helm, any decisions that put PVP only players at even a slight disadvantage, is a non-starter.