Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blurch
07.24.2017 , 09:24 PM | #141
Granted I'm only level 80 in the Command experience but last use full schematic for barrel, armor, mod, and etc. slots was at level 20 what happened to the more frequent drops. I still cant make most 230 relics because those you get from crates or the very random drop. I really dislike this Com Crate you have going has taken me 7 months to get a set of 230 gear and my tanks are still using 228 because i cant make the tank 230 stuff let alone the higher level. Please bring back the crystals!! I've stopped looking for groups because I get kicked because I don't meet requirements, and to meet the requirements I need groups but I cant get into groups because I don't have the gear. I just do not have the time to level every class to get gear for that class. This will be the last post of this type from me I'll spend my money else were instead of this lets make the crates better for higher level but forget the lower level gear people. Ever heard if its not broken don't fix it.

By this time before the crates I was able to get 90% of my characters in mid tier gear. There all in Tier 1 still.

Darauk
07.24.2017 , 10:35 PM | #142
I am still slogging my way through early tier 3 (GCL ~220) and I noticed that the mix of "trash" seems higher post-5.3 and post-5.3a compared to what I was getting earlier in tier 3. I got two 242 legendary set pieces and a 242 implant between GCL181-200 and have only gotten one purple set piece between GCL 201-~220. The rest has been filler I've disintegrated.

I would like BioWare Austin to review command crate logs for disintegrations and take steps to remove those items from the RNG tables.

SentinelThain
07.25.2017 , 06:43 AM | #143
The drop rates are shocking in t4.Opened 40 crates before the downtime and not 1 drop of 248.
Spent hours grinding and those hours wasted,toons no further forward than before.
I don't care what they say,before 5.3 on my main the drop rates where much better,,they stealth nerfed it same as the nerf to refined isotopes that we now have to roll for.Funny how there was no mention of that in the patch notes either.....

masterceil
07.25.2017 , 06:47 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelThain View Post
The drop rates are shocking in t4.Opened 40 crates before the downtime and not 1 drop of 248.
Spent hours grinding and those hours wasted,toons no further forward than before.
I don't care what they say,before 5.3 on my main the drop rates where much better,,they stealth nerfed it same as the nerf to refined isotopes that we now have to roll for.Funny how there was no mention of that in the patch notes either.....
I don't think they nerfed it, just that RNGsus is being unkind. I, too, have gone through dozens of crates, lamenting the trash 244s and repeat 246s in each one. Then the other day, I got a 248 belt and helm, back to back. The RNG is real.

As a crafter, though, the isotope thing really is pretty annoying
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

olagatonjedi
07.25.2017 , 08:16 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Blurch View Post
Granted I'm only level 80 in the Command experience but last use full schematic for barrel, armor, mod, and etc. slots was at level 20 what happened to the more frequent drops. I still cant make most 230 relics because those you get from crates or the very random drop. I really dislike this Com Crate you have going has taken me 7 months to get a set of 230 gear and my tanks are still using 228 because i cant make the tank 230 stuff let alone the higher level. Please bring back the crystals!! I've stopped looking for groups because I get kicked because I don't meet requirements, and to meet the requirements I need groups but I cant get into groups because I don't have the gear. I just do not have the time to level every class to get gear for that class. This will be the last post of this type from me I'll spend my money else were instead of this lets make the crates better for higher level but forget the lower level gear people. Ever heard if its not broken don't fix it.

By this time before the crates I was able to get 90% of my characters in mid tier gear. There all in Tier 1 still.
Did you stop doing the same things you were doing before and start relying on the GC/CXP system for gearing? If so, that's your problem, not the system itself. It's a supplemental gearing system, not the main way to gear up.

VirtualAdepts
07.25.2017 , 09:22 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric
I was able to level my Marauder into Tier 4. Of the Tier 3 Gear, which should be 91 to 180. I did NOT get a Helm, nor a Main Hand, Nor an Offhand. Mind you, this doesn't just mean 242, but I didn't get 240s either.

I know it is based on RNG, but out of 90 levels, I think the character should have at least a full set of 242 on every piece.

I really thing RNG should be reviewed. How many levels is sufficient for a player to get a FULL set? 90? 100? 120?
I have at least opened 80 boxes at rank 300 and have only received two 248 pieces. I think its time to implement a factor that duplicate items just do NOT happen until the player has a FULL set on their character. In addition, there needs to be an guaranteed piece that drops every few levels.

For each tier, if you divide the pieces 14, by # of levels 90, then a piece of gear will drop every 6-7 levels. Let a piece drop at 1, 7, 14, etc etc up to level 90. Do the same system for tier 2, same for tier 3. At tier 4 you can make it wider, say every 15, but it REALLY needs to be a guarantee at a specific time.

analyis
07.25.2017 , 09:43 AM | #147
If you take the time (not long with a boost) to get one toon to 300, run ops and pvp then gearing to full 248's is easy. If you rely solely on RNG then gearing will and should take longer. Why, because you're avoiding more difficult group content. Which is fine but comes with a cost.

olagatonjedi
07.25.2017 , 09:57 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualAdepts View Post
I was able to level my Marauder into Tier 4. Of the Tier 3 Gear, which should be 91 to 180. I did NOT get a Helm, nor a Main Hand, Nor an Offhand. Mind you, this doesn't just mean 242, but I didn't get 240s either.

I know it is based on RNG, but out of 90 levels, I think the character should have at least a full set of 242 on every piece.
Simply put, that's not how it's intended to work. It's supplemental, meaning that if you want a full set of something in a reasonable amount of time, GC/CXP alone is not the way to do it.

TUXs
07.25.2017 , 10:18 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Simply put, that's not how it's intended to work. It's supplemental, meaning that if you want a full set of something in a reasonable amount of time, GC/CXP alone is not the way to do it.
GC/CXP is meant to be the PRIMARY way of gearing, not supplemental.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DarthDymond
07.25.2017 , 10:26 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
GC/CXP is meant to be the PRIMARY way of gearing, not supplemental.
It was originally meant to be the primary method, with 5.0. But contrary to the protestations of "devs never listen to players" they listened to player feedback, reintroduced gear drops to Ops and gear currency to PVP, and have thus relegated CXP to a supplemental role.

Eric explicitly said as much in his post:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here