Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SonofThulkose
07.07.2017 , 04:21 PM | #1
I would never have called the RNG on the tier 4 Command Crates “Generous” but every 30 to 50 crates or so (I keep a spreadsheet to mark my progress) I would get a 248 set piece (often a duplicate, but a set piece) or a 248 main hand or off hand. Then 5.2.2 came out. I hit my 300th Tier 4 Command Crate today since 5.2.2 went live and I have not gotten ONE SINGLE 248 set/main hand/off hand! I have gotten 5 248 drops, 2 earpieces, 3 relics... in both cases the same earpiece twice and the same relic 3 times, both of which I already have pre-5.2.2! I put it to you that your pseudo-random number generator (since a computer is a logic engine and CAN NOT generate a TRULY random number... it can ONLY generate a non-repeating sequence of numbers that SEEMS random if you don't know the sequence) is BROKEN! Even at that drop rate of 1.666% (which is LUDICROUS btw, unless you are going to guarantee the piece will be useful and not a duplicate!) the odds of a TRUELY random number returning the same 2 out of about 19 possibilities 5 times in a row is staggering! You changed something in the RNG to drastically reduce the number of set piece/man hand/off hand drops, and changed it in such a way that there is a high probability that the majority of 248 pieces that do drop will be useless to the character that gets them. If you're looking to avoid ANOTHER mass exodus of paying subscribers it might be a good idea to change it back! Difficult to get is one thing... Damn Near Impossible is another thing entirely! Don't take my word for it, check my account. I have been a paid subscriber since day three of per-release... and I am very, very close to canceling my subscription. If you're in danger of losing someone like me, how many more subs do you think are on the verge of saying “Screw Bioware/EA!” and never coming back??

DreadtechSavant
07.07.2017 , 06:40 PM | #2
How sad for you. Really! you really need 248 gear for the game to be fun for you?

Well my level 70 characters running around in 230 gear must really be the most un-fun characters out there still in game.

Maybe BW should just remove all gear above 230 from the game and give something different in command crates and from operation bosses.

DarkLordSnake
07.07.2017 , 08:29 PM | #3
Honestly, ever since bioware announced that the only way to basically obtain the top endgame gear was through Galactic Command, I said "No.", a few months later, my main Merc is now maxed out with G.C at rank 300.
Every crate I get is usually utter trash with regular 244 rating gear and sometimes a 246 rating gear.
I hardly ever get any 248 rating gear, but when I do it's always a duplicate which disappoints me.
I don't even have my weapons at full 248!
The RNG really does suck with the tier 4 crates I will admit.., but I'm not complaining, I do wish the RNG was better and dropped a little more higher chance at 248, but it's unlikely they'll ever do that.
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Severith
07.07.2017 , 09:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordSnake View Post
Honestly, ever since bioware announced that the only way to basically obtain the top endgame gear was through Galactic Command, I said "No.", a few months later, my main Merc is now maxed out with G.C at rank 300.
Every crate I get is usually utter trash with regular 244 rating gear and sometimes a 246 rating gear.
I hardly ever get any 248 rating gear, but when I do it's always a duplicate which disappoints me.
I don't even have my weapons at full 248!
The RNG really does suck with the tier 4 crates I will admit.., but I'm not complaining, I do wish the RNG was better and dropped a little more higher chance at 248, but it's unlikely they'll ever do that.
The blue t4 244 gear is as good as purple t3. You get at least a blue out of every t4 crate. Not really seeing the issue.

SonofThulkose
07.08.2017 , 12:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
How sad for you. Really! you really need 248 gear for the game to be fun for you?

Well my level 70 characters running around in 230 gear must really be the most un-fun characters out there still in game.

Maybe BW should just remove all gear above 230 from the game and give something different in command crates and from operation bosses.
I have been paying into this game since pre-release, paying my subscription while the vast majority of people who play this game are FTP or Preferred. I like progression raiding and I like PvP. Both of those things require you to have top end gear if you are going to compete with top end groups/guilds. If you don't care to apply yourself to get that gear in order to compete, that's your business... but I pay my money and I bust my *** to get the crates that are SUPPOSED to give me the gear I need only to get NOTHING for my efforts! That's not important you?? Good for YOU! You go ahead and keep playing your mediocre content, but do NOT assume that because you don't push yourself and aspire to compete with top end gamers that it gives you the right to **** on those of us who do! I pay my subscription just like you do, and I have just as much right to expect the game to be reasonable and fair in what matters to me as you do in what matters to you! Getting NOTHING for weeks worth of work is neither reasonable nor fair! If Bioware removed everything 230+ from the game, I wouldn't have a problem with that, so long as they adjusted the HM and NiM Raids to accommodate this new Stat Cap.

Storm-Cutter
07.08.2017 , 01:07 AM | #6
Just under 250 300 crates. 1 mainhand.
Tho' I'm already kitted out with UCs ( DPS CHAR) and halfway to kitting out a 2nd ( TANK) character- the drop rates do seem to be very low - Although the 246 blue BoP equipment is quite common, as are purple companion gifts.

IDK as long as it's random one shouldn't complain I suppose. Got everything but the new speeder rom the slot machines too - even managed to bust it twice so far.

<sarcasm>
I'm sure someone got 14 pieces in a row on getting to rank 300 - so RNG working as intended. </sarcasm>

I think I'm onto my 4th or 5th Grpohet tho'

Maybe a brief look and a conformation would be nice, but don't hold your breath, OP.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

SonofThulkose
07.08.2017 , 01:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
The blue t4 244 gear is as good as purple t3. You get at least a blue out of every t4 crate. Not really seeing the issue.
The blue 244 gear is trash! The Armorings/Barrels/Hilts are the only thing out of them worth a damn! If you have any clue as to what you're doing putting raid/PVP gear sets together the stats on the mods are TOTALLY useless and the Enhancements have the EXACT SAME STATS as their 242 counterparts without even ONE POINT of difference. How do you justify having two Enhancements with the EXACT SAME STATS and you rate one 242 and the other 244?? They are EXACTLY THE SAME!

SentinelThain
07.08.2017 , 02:44 AM | #8
More proof that the t4 command crates are rigged.
I still don't get it how some see that there's nothing wrong with it,they probably got geared up before the last patch broke the drop rates.
I too am considering quitting if they don't fix it.It's just utter bollocks.

MidichIorian
07.08.2017 , 10:27 AM | #9
As a returning player I'm not thrilled to hear that. I'm somewhere in the rank 30 range on my first character but since I had a bunch of credits and bought 246 gear from GTN there's literally nothing to gain for many more ranks. Now I have to grind houndreds of tier 4 ranks to even get some slightly better gear too? Makes me want to bail ship again.

Severith
07.08.2017 , 12:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SonofThulkose View Post
The blue 244 gear is trash! The Armorings/Barrels/Hilts are the only thing out of them worth a damn! If you have any clue as to what you're doing putting raid/PVP gear sets together the stats on the mods are TOTALLY useless and the Enhancements have the EXACT SAME STATS as their 242 counterparts without even ONE POINT of difference. How do you justify having two Enhancements with the EXACT SAME STATS and you rate one 242 and the other 244?? They are EXACTLY THE SAME!
You say T4 blues are trash, then admit that the armoring/hilt/barrels are better than anything in t3, then admit the enhancements are as good as the best ones in t3, then complain about the mods. Sounds like T4 blues are a bunch of upgrades to me, unless you're in full 246 or 248.

If you don't like the mod on a particular piece, pull the mod and put in one you do like. Pretty simple.

Blue T4 drops like candy, almost every time. When it doesn't drop, it's because a purple 246 or legendary 248 dropped. I'm still not seeing the problem here.

As for your last concern, do you really need someone to explain to you how a higher level blue can have the same or better stats as a lower level purple or gold?

If you can't do end game content in blue t4, then you can't do end game content. Expecting to get BIS just from command crates is setting yourself up to fail. Bioware may have made the t1 through t3 drops pretty horrid, but there isn't anything wrong with how they handled t4, except they seem to be a little bit relic/implant/earpiece heavy.

Also, the more you use exclamation points, the more meaningless they become. Just something to keep in mind.